Brett Stewart availability for Sat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think he will play. No creditable news source has reported otherwise.
Mind games are at play here.
Have a little faith. (Fingers crossed)
For those saying we should release Brett should join the kennel and follow your own kind!
Go Manly!

Kiwi Eagle said:
Rodo said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Because the majority of the time, the winger follows his centre, and Lyon comes in a lot so Wolfman has to follow, there have been occassions when he has jammed up on his own and missed his man, but they are the minority

If he doesn't come in off his wing when Lyon goes in, the centre scores untouched

So often people just look at the result at the end of the defensive backline rather than what is happening with the inside men

That makes sense Kiwi. Do you think it's purely Lyon's fault? Maybe it's Toovey who has been coaching them this way. I just don't understand why they have not corrected this weakness.

Maybe Lyon is not nearly as good a defender as most people make him out to be.

It must be a structural thing, Lyon is too good a footballer to be making a mistake continuously, it may even go further infield than that with Lyon following his inside man

At a guess we use that structure to make teams try and go around us by showing them the space out there, and backing Brett and Lyon to cover the ground to cut it off, quite often you will see Lyon taking off behind Wolfman very quickly in cover defence and more often than not he and Brett are there stopping them

That's just my theory anyway, whether it's right or not, who knows

mr seagles said:
Release brett , he is to injury prone....offer will hopate hes money....that is all....

Release brett , he is to injury prone....offer will hopate hes money....that is all....

You will more than likely be released again very soon

Of course it's the right theory kiwi, it is the tactic. Tooves is happy to give up a try or 2 per game, because that's all they usually get against us, and the compressed defence in the middle really restricts our opponent's meters. Top 4 first graders don't disobey coaches orders or game plans.

mr seagles said:

You dont add much to this site.

Look, I know it's possible to win without Snake yada yada yada, but how many premierships have we won in the past 10 years with him out?

I'll be cheering hard, but I stand by three statements:

1. Lose this weekend = season over
2. No Snake = season over
3. Win this weekend = go on and win the comp

Ralphie said:
Look, I know it's possible to win without Snake yada yada yada, but how many premierships have we won in the past 10 years with him out?

How many premierships have we won in the last 20 years without Des involved in some way?

Maybe we should just give up on any future premierships now....

Central Coast Eagle said:
Ralphie said:

How many premierships have we won in the last 20 years without Des involved in some way?

That's just a ridiculous statement. My point is that we have not been able to cover for the loss of Snake effectively at any time in the past ten years. Why would we suddenly be able to do it now.

How many premierships have we won in the last 40 years? 20% of them that's how many, 8 out of 40.

How many have won without eadie? 4
How many without bozo? 3 (he coached 2, played 3).

We have another chance this year, Brett would help immensely, but we have the chance.

Ralphie said:
Central Coast Eagle said:
Ralphie said:

That's just a ridiculous statement. My point is that we have not been able to cover for the loss of Snake effectively at any time in the past ten years. Why would we suddenly be able to do it now.

It was meant to be a ridiculous statement, my point was at some point in time we are going to have to win a premiership without Brett, we might as well start now!

Jatz Crackers said:
mr seagles said:

The Aussie school system gets a serious fail mark for this post.

Seasons not over. he just wont be right for tomorrows match. takes 3-4 weeks for a hammy to come good.

we've just got to play smart and tough footy to win and get the week off.

Ralphie said:

2 and 3 don't stack up too well together, both are possible. We may win this weekend with Hiku in the 1.
Hiku has improved every game he has played this year, from what i have seen he has a little bit of an X factor about him. Sure, he has made some mistakes, but, he won't die wondering.

Jatz Crackers said:
mr seagles said:

Release Darren

Jatz Crackers said:
mr seagles said:

Don't muck around jatz hit the ban button bro :D

Thing is Manly can afford to lose the first game so it gives him an extra week to recover. We lose it just means winning the following three games to be premiers rather than two with two weeks off. Do we risk him for the 2 weeks off it gives or give him a week off now and then 3 big games in a row. Then again we might win without him and he's got the two weeks off. decisions decisions

If Snake was definitely out, wouldn't Manly be trying to keep that from the Roosters until the very last minute (hour)?
I think the wrong info has been intentionally 'leaked'. Snake didn't look injured when he came off against the Storm. He didn't play last week so when did he get 'injured'? I won't surprise me to see him play today.

bones said:
If Snake was definitely out, wouldn't Manly be trying to keep that from the Roosters until the very last minute (hour)?
I think the wrong info has been intentionally 'leaked'. Snake didn't look injured when he came off against the Storm. He didn't play last week so when did he get 'injured'? I won't surprise me to see him play today.

Makes sense, i would feel much more confident to see him in the number 1 tonight. Ive been saying it for years, Snake is our most important player.

bones said:
thats a good point Bones,I actually thought the same thing,mmmm

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6