Brett Finch enters mental health facility

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don’t buy that it’s gone from his twitches and weird rants on the footy show to this.....unfortunately it’s been this level for a long time and it’s an embarrassment by Fox to have him representing them in this condition, so obvious to the average viewer.
Agree there is the double standard as stated above, where the average Joe in this condition would be seen as a low life druggo ect....
Personally have been around plenty of good people who make poor choices and sometimes these individuals who are strong in most area’s of life, lose the battle to drugs or alcohol.....others can control it.
Hope he comes out of it ok.

This bloke honestly has had more opportunities and leg up's from his Dads famous friends than anyone I have ever known. Half his problem is that because of his old mans connections in footy he has had the inside run his whole life. Plenty of more deserving people have struggled after football and would have done anything to get those opportunities and made the most of them. Finchy makes poor selfish choices and then throws out the rehab and mental health card everytime it goes pear shaped. First or even second time fair enough but he has had plenty of chances. Get him a job in the real world and he might actually appreciate what he has. No sympathy for him.

my comment was made because of his appearance on TV in recent times where it looked pretty clear that he was as high as a kite.

Still think he’s probably got a drug issue.

Sad, hope he gets it fixed up.
Agree mate, when on camera the constant grinding of his teeth wasn't a good look. Hopefully he can sort himself out.

If you look or listen to all of Finch's media appearances he is always portrayed as this party animal, good time loving top BLOKE. No one seriously thinks he is a intelligent analyst of the game. He gets gigs because he is well liked and was popular in his playing days because he knew how to have a good time. We've all got mates like that, those that were always the life of the party, fun to be around but never grew up. The ones that if there was some sort of social gathering they'd be last to leave. I think he is just struggling to move on from that and to find a connection to his rugby league days that doesn't revolve around his relationship with booze, drugs and mischief.

Hope he sorts himself out... transitioning to life after football is very hard for some of these blokes. You only have to look at the players who have taken their lives as testimony to the fact.

If you look or listen to all of Finch's media appearances he is always portrayed as this party animal, good time loving top BLOKE. No one seriously thinks he is a intelligent analyst of the game. He gets gigs because he is well liked and was popular in his playing days because he knew how to have a good time. We've all got mates like that, those that were always the life of the party, fun to be around but never grew up. The ones that if there was some sort of social gathering they'd be last to leave. I think he is just struggling to move on from that and to find a connection to his rugby league days that doesn't revolve around his relationship with booze, drugs and mischief.
I dunno - in a lot of panel stuff he's the butt of jokes, and at other times he's very self deprecating. That can wear on a person (especially when copping it from renown dickheads like Matty Johns and Fletch and Hindy). It can also be a mask for a dark side.

In game he can be quite useful, especially his insight around the play of the halves. He does show bias though but I don't expect Brandy level commentary from him.

Be good if he can sort himself but he has to want to. At the same time, a well off former football player with a TV career is hardly one of societies greatest concerns when so many lacking ANY of the resources available to him are doing it just as tough/tougher.

There is a fair amount of speculation on here

All we have is a "report" from a "journo" at the tele and some speculation based on recent appearances.

I am not saying there is nothing there but I am not sure there is anything served by some of the comments on this thread

Finch has competed in the highest level and in some of the toughest matches in the brutal game of the NRL but there is no tougher arena to do battle than in your own mind .

I hope he finds the strength , discipline and the value and purpose of real life outside footy .
The good news is there is always hope for those that make the right choices

Pain-Is-Real.-But-So-Is-Hope.-335x500.jpg

I hope that Finch can get control of his demons. This is a very dangerous road he is on and I wish him all the best for his sake and his family's sake.

It was pretty obvious to us all.. especially on that podcast with johns. He couldn't stop moving and figiting... I think he is a good commentator and he is quite insightful. You could see when he commentated our game and was yelling etc he was in trouble. Good luck to him im not sure if he'll be back but I'd take him over.....
Parker
Anasta
Gasnier
Brendon fuking speed
Hodges (fmd)
Matt Russell
And that other dud i forget his name.. even Lego man Ennis to some degreeeeee as Ennis would say.

I think that seeing the Sea Eagles avoid the spoon last year and then climb alive from the ashes this year was just two much for his little purple mind. I wish him well but if I never have to listen to him commentate on a Manly match again it will make me very happy.

I dunno - in a lot of panel stuff he's the butt of jokes, and at other times he's very self deprecating.

Exactly. It can be funny for a while. Mario Fenech is a good example. The continual ridicule and piss-taking of Mario became cringeworthy. It wasn’t funny anymore.(to me anyway).
I noticed the same thing happening with Finchy a long time ago. But it was worse, because not only was Brett playing the class clown, but he would routinely put himself down, to his own detriment, all in the hope/need of getting a laugh (an addiction in itself one might argue).
If you keep telling everyone how shiit house you were/are, jokingly or not thats what people believe. And with Finchys previous mental health history, it becomes a subconscious hand grenade, that has unfortunately gone off.

It was obvious from his appearance on the Matty Johns podcast a couple of months ago that this was coming. Anyone who turns up to "work" in that state is pretty far gone. Hopefully he turns it around.

Some pretty poor comments in here. Wow. Mental health is a massive issue and regardless of the trigger, those suffering should not be denigrated.

Agree .... however I believe that any criticism or questioning ot the people around him is well justified ... some are (in my uninformed opinion) .. guilty of either deliberatly looking away ... or worse .. enabling his actions .... I think a few of them need to have a re-think ....

PSS ... froma duty of care situation .... I wouldn't like to be the Fox executive in the witness box saying there were no warning signs of a problem after footage of that podcast was aired ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4