Brent Kite

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
His form has improved a thousand percent since there were rumblings behind the scenes of him being possibly moved on and released from his final year.

Its worked in our favour big time and sharpened Kite up big time - would that same motivation be there for him next year if his future is once again settled ??? Although I dont like the idea of paying half the salary for other clubs to swoop in a cheap player either.

eagles2win said:
Darren said:
very true! We are cutting loads of players and the cap is going up! Robbo, Rodney, T-Rex, Harrison, Lussick and his younger brother, Oldfield, Matt Cross, Whare!! We have blodded kids like Buhrer and Taufua in. Joe and Vic would be on minimums or just above!! Kitey ain't on 350k (surely)

Wasn't Kitey on a heavily backended contract?

He only just re-signed a 2 year deal in 2011. I don't think there is much advantage in "heavily backending" 2 year deals.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/kites-future-at-manly-blowing-in-salary-cap-wind-20120811-2417j.html

He has been on fire recently. I noticed on Friday night we had an absolutely rubbish set in our half which resulted in a knock on by Choc. 2V sends in Kite and he steadied the ship.

Great veteran presence in the team. Well done mate. Now that the salary cap is increasing I dont see there being an issue with it.

On a side note to the salary cap, if DCE hadn't demanded an upgrade, he would have been able to demand ALOT more once his contract ended in a couple of seasons time when the cap eventually hits the reported $7mil.

Chip and Chase said:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/kites-future-at-manly-blowing-in-salary-cap-wind-20120811-2417j.html

That story was written 15 days ago, before the TV rights deal was done. Surely the club is in a better position to know what's going on now.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
Chip and Chase said:

That story was written 15 days ago, before the TV rights deal was done. Surely the club is in a better position to know what's going on now.
..exactly,we have already let heaps go,how close are we to the cap,surely with all the players that we have let go,things would better now you would think

Christ if we let another forward go we will be battling big time, Kites in awesome form, extend the contract ! If he goes i hope we have a bloody good back up plan !

Beaver was a legend too and they moved him on. Another premeirship still came with three years. If they keep Kite for one more year they risk losing someone younger, who may be there for the next ten years. It's just the salary cap at work and hard decisions like this have to be made if the club is to continue being successful. I'd be stoked if Kite stays as I think he has never let Manly down, and is one of my favourite players, but will understand that if he does move on, that these things happen in this day and age. And as long as he doesn't go to the Bulldogs, I'd wish him well.

Have Manly told Kitey to look elsewhere for 2013? Or is this just a bulls**t rumour?!?

bones said:
Beaver was a legend too and they moved him on. Another premeirship still came with three years. If they keep Kite for one more year they risk losing someone younger, who may be there for the next ten years. It's just the salary cap at work and hard decisions like this have to be made if the club is to continue being successful. I'd be stoked if Kite stays as I think he has never let Manly down, and is one of my favourite players, but will understand that if he does move on, that these things happen in this day and age. And as long as he doesn't go to the Bulldogs, I'd wish him well.

Spot on Bones...110% agree.

Love the guy, club legend balah blah BUT we have a cap to fit into and if the guy can get $300K playing for the Tigers and we can only aford $80K then who can blame him???

I hope he stays but NOT at the expense of some young guns

Manly To Win! said:
Obviously it'd be good to keep Kite, but he is NOT worth $280k a season anymore. Would much rather they keep Mauro and Rose and re-signed the young players. We need to look to the future and not live in the past.

I prefer to look at the present, and presently he IS worth 280k a year easily. If you want a look at the future as well, Ligi Sao will do there

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6