Brent Kite has a Brainfart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What a waste of everyone's time. Those cops had to spend hours, maybe days spotting the crime, making the arrest, arranging the clean up, processing the prisoner, writing up the report, processing the bail application, then have to rock up the to court and give evidence.

The whole apparatus of the court has to manage the hearing, then another in future.

All for what? An irrelevant mountain to die on. Please Brent, stop making a nong of yourself and just toe the line like the rest of society.

Maybe run for parliament and try to change the laws in the customary way that others with strong beliefs follow happily.

Sovereign citizen? More like a Sovereign embarrassment.

The only thing I don't really understand in all of this is the police smashing Kite's window. Just seems way OTT to me for a rego violation. I'd expect that for suspected violent crimes but not rego.

The only thing I don't really understand in all of this is the police smashing Kite's window. Just seems way OTT to me for a rego violation. I'd expect that for suspected violent crimes but not rego.
I'm no lover of some of the cops in Australia especially the highway patrol guys that seem to like a good dik swing at least once a day but the rules are the rules.

They would have given him a chance to exit the vehicle just as they gave him a chance to pull over. He made the choice.

They would have asked him nicely a few times. I guess once it was clear that kite was refusing they would have said we will need to force the door if you continue to refuse to open it.

Seems harsh on one hand, but what if he had guns, drugs, stolen goods in there? I’m not saying kite had these things, but a person refusing to open the door to a reasonable request looks pretty suss, so it forces the police to do it. Sadly it looks like kite is just doing this to make some sort of misguided statement.

If we take kite’s argument to its logical conclusion - that cops have no right to question or open doors, then the only winners will be crooks with something to hide.

Last edited:
the tax laws in Australia, the constitution, its amendments and the ignorance around it is amazing. when you add a fair conspiracy theorist world of tax avoidance its a mess this country has coming

its just civil unrest in another form by ordinary people and we all share and manifest that differently

You dont have to agree with everyones fight, sometimes we should just let them do there thing because its important to them and learn what we can instead of pretending we know it all

maybe fainu should do the same, get a court date 3 days later, dress well and say excuse me your honour since we are here i have this other nagging matter. maybe ask kitey to borrow his car and stylist

Yes that is possibly a grey area that will be considered on the evidence at the hearing, bit hard to know exactly how it all went down based only on the scant news reports.

The cops should never arrest you unless they have to, and their powers of arrest are limited by parliament. However one reason they may arrest is if they reasonably suspect that is necessary to prevent further offences. The offences Kite is charged with are low level, fine only, and they could have just given him a penalty notice or court attendance notice. But if he was refusing to speak to them or cooperate at all that may have given the cops reasonable suspicion that he would continue to offend (drive)? The original story said after they smashed the window they located his licence in the car and also gave him a breath test. He must have already been under arrest at that stage so presumably could have also been charged with refusing a breath test, a far more serious charge.

Anyway I suspect the court will find the cops were perfectly entitled to break the window and arrest him in the circumstances.

Seems harsh on one hand, but what if he had guns, drugs, stolen goods in there? I’
The cops couldn't legally smash his window or search the car unless they had a reasonable suspicion they'd find stuff like that, and in this case there's nothing to found such a suspicion.
I reckon their only power to do it is as per my post above

BK … not showing very good leadership skills!

Hope the kids are not looking up to this type of behaviour… the young kids have enough problems without following this type of irrational behaviour.

Im sure all the cops are so sick of having to deal with freedom fighters and millennials thinking they have all the rights in the world and filming them whilst they scream "I know my rights"

Your in a unregistered car with no insurance .
You got caught ,f#ck you and knowing your rights.
Your rights are to obey the law .
FO ,Lost all respect in you.

P
Yes that is possibly a grey area that will be considered on the evidence at the hearing, bit hard to know exactly how it all went down based only on the scant news reports.

The cops should never arrest you unless they have to, and their powers of arrest are limited by parliament. However one reason they may arrest is if they reasonably suspect that is necessary to prevent further offences. The offences Kite is charged with are low level, fine only, and they could have just given him a penalty notice or court attendance notice. But if he was refusing to speak to them or cooperate at all that may have given the cops reasonable suspicion that he would continue to offend (drive)? The original story said after they smashed the window they located his licence in the car and also gave him a breath test. He must have already been under arrest at that stage so presumably could have also been charged with refusing a breath test, a far more serious charge.

Anyway I suspect the court will find the cops were perfectly entitled to break the window and arrest him in the circumstances.
Personally, if I was driving an unregistered vehicle and ignored requests for me to produce my drivers licence and then it was taken from me by force, I’d be looking in the mirror, not questioning if the police were entitled to do it or not?! Obey the ****ing law. The majority of police serve and protect and make society a better functioning environment. I shudder to think of world where we do as we please without consequence.

The smashing in of his window may have been exaggerated by Kitey to make it sound like they came in mobhanded behind a battering ram.

They probably just tapped his window with one of those little hammers they have on buses for emergencies, which would indeed "shatter" the glass but given it's safety glass it would have only crumbled & not blown all over the place.

The smashing in of his window may have been exaggerated by Kitey to make it sound like they came in mobhanded behind a battering ram.

They probably just tapped his window with one of those little hammers they have on buses for emergencies, which would indeed "shatter" the glass but given it's safety glass it would have only crumbled & not blown all over the place.
Probably. Or maybe they shot it?

The thing that ****s me about these types is they want their cake and eat it too. If governments and authorities are not for you, don’t live a life that reaps the benefits of it. Hypothetically, If someone broke into his house, I bet he’d call the cops and report it.

I wonder if he uses the sewerage system, or maybe he diverts his waste elsewhere, in the name of freedom.

He'll be complaining about the free vaccination program next.
Exactly what I’m talking about. I’m surprised he didn’t just play on and ignore the refs when he made a handling error back in the day...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2