Brent Kite has a Brainfart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sounds to me like he has been taken down that anti-vax, sovereign citizen rubbish, good luck to him, that type generally end up telling their prison guards they have no authority over them too

I have met Brent a couple of times and he was super nice and rational. Not sure what is going on with him but if he carries on like this he will end up locked up, in prison or a psych ward. V sad
As a big fan of Brent and his significant role as Manly icon, this is rather upsetting.

The only saving grace is that Magistrate Roger Clisdell is an unusually patient and tolerant man (unlike plenty of others) and certainly if he has any inkling there are mental health issues he will be alert to that. However there is no guarantee he will be presiding on the next date.

Kite is on a slippery slope to ruin with these beliefs. The current charges are trivial but if he refuses to pay fines or gets caught again the penalties can quickly escalate and very soon the courts hands are tied, in terms of legal options.
Brent needs to stop driving or wake up and smell the roses.
Wonder if any of his old teammates are still in touch, @The better Robbo may know? I seriously fear for Brent if he doesn't have grounded support at hand.

As a big fan of Brent and his significant role as Manly icon, this is rather upsetting.

The only saving grace is that Magistrate Roger Clisdell is an unusually patient and tolerant man (unlike plenty of others) and certainly if he has any inkling there are mental health issues he will be alert to that. However there is no guarantee he will be presiding on the next date.

Kite is on a slippery slope to ruin with these beliefs. The current charges are trivial but if he refuses to pay fines or gets caught again the penalties can quickly escalate and very soon the courts hands are tied, in terms of legal options.
Brent needs to stop driving or wake up and smell the roses.
Wonder if any of his old teammates are still in touch, @The better Robbo may know? I seriously fear for Brent if he doesn't have grounded support at hand.

Not so certain your magistrate Rodger Clisdell is that understanding with comments like..

"I can cut myself in half if it helps"

Or this zinger as kite left.. "one too many scrums"

I live in Canberra and "painting" people with the "sovereign citizens" brush is a stupid as Kites behaviour! These "people are a small minority and are shunned by the mainstream protesters that are here. What hasn't helped is the way the media is portraying the group and other local Canberrans looking to incite trouble where they can.
Kite "painted" himself as a sovereign citizen through his delusional behavior, and through his own idiotic words @anthonyb1965 . His subsequent behavior at court and re-parroting of sovereign citizen doctrine, has just reinforced how learned dogma, can result in mental confusion.

Last edited:
Kite "painted" himself as a sovereign citizen through his delusional behavior, and through his own idiotic words @anthonyb1965 . His subsequent behaviour at court and re-parroting of sovereign citizen doctrine has just reinforced his stupidity.
Delusional may be more on the money than just a matter of simple stupidity?

My only direct experience with someone claiming to be a sovereign citizen in court was a person who had a serious mental condition.

Now I'm no expert in CTE but think I've read that delusions and other erratic behaviour can be among the symptoms.

I'd like to think the club has tried to reach out to Brent. Of course, whether he'd be receptive is another matter, but ... imagine if his brain is addled due to over 300 top level games of rugby league. Is that too far fetched?

My only direct experience with someone claiming to be a sovereign citizen in court was a person who had a serious mental condition.

Now I'm no expert in CTE but think I've read that delusions and other erratic behaviour can be among the symptoms.

I'd like to think the club has tried to reach out to Brent. Of course, whether he'd be receptive is another matter, but ... imagine if his brain is addled due to over 300 top level games of rugby league. Is that too far fetched?
We get them at my work all the time.

They go to court and tell the magistrate they don't have to pay rates.

The magistrates usually tell them to keep on believing that and their property will be sold, and once it's gone it's gone.

They all come good before the properties get to that stage.

Police allege on February 9 officers from the Monaro Police District spotted Mr Kite driving a vehicle with a cancelled NSW registration.

“I was not even driving a Monaro, you have no authority over me!”

Should be his defence.

Yep @SeaEagleRock8 your 100% right. Edited as above.

Could easily been charged with contempt and locked up.

Actually this might of done him a favour and brought him to his senses.

It is so hard to believe we're talking about the same Brent Kite ex Manly player, CC medal and premiership winner, mentor to young players and a real family man. As I read the court details, I thought it seems he's been in one too many scrums, which as it turned out is what the magistrate said...

This is both sad and disturbing. I hope he can acknowledge and get the help he needs - and/or a good lawyer, or he could well be locked up.

We get them at my work all the time.

They go to court and tell the magistrate they don't have to pay rates.

The magistrates usually tell them to keep on believing that and their property will be sold, and once it's gone it's gone.

They all come good before the properties get to that stage.

I had a friend in the finance game and he said with home loans - banks are kinda forgiving about a lot of non payments but will freak out if the person doesn't pay their rates. It's the one thing banks want to see paid.

I guess, because if left unpaid the govt can grab the house or something, I dunno.

n-e-way, I don't know all the details about Kite but if he needs help, I hope he gets it.

I didn't know cops were allowed to smash your window? Jay-z tells me they needed a warrant! But he had 99 problems.

So much for those calls for him to join Manly’s coaching staff. He will not be part of any club’s setup for quite awhile.

Not so certain your magistrate Rodger Clisdell is that understanding with comments like..

"I can cut myself in half if it helps"

Or this zinger as kite left.. "one too many scrums"
At least Rodger has a sense of humor - not too many magistrates like that.
"Welease Wodger!!!"

1646101557287.png

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8