Brayden Musgrove

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ridiculous to suggest Schuster is anything but a lock, or a five eighth. He's a big unit with all the skills so I liken him to a Malcolm Reilly type. Hopefully he develops to be something close to the great Manly/English player. I'm doubtful that as he climbs the grades he would be as good at five-eight as he doesn't seem to have blinding acceleration. So, lock is the position I see him playing - and I'm excited by his potential.

Best two five eighths I've ever seen were Cliff Lyons and Wally Lewis. Neither had blinding pace. They relied on guile, never doing the obvious, leaving the opposition to either hang off him or hang off who he passes to. What I've seen of Schuster, he has those skills, at least at the junior level. It should be noted that at that level he consistently scored tries. As I've said before Lewis was 95 kgs and stood six foot tall. That's why he could easily play lock or five eighth. Schuster is actually deceptively quite fast, but as you said, he's more a jinker like Reilly. It will be interesting to see if he becomes what many potentially see him as...a future superstar. Time will tell. As also pointed out Lyons didnt start to show just how good he was until he came to Manly aged 24.

Robbo, what part of Latrell does he have? ego or does he suffers from a high opinion of his worth?
If he has the personality traits of latrell then just let him go now. Football wise Schuster seems to have all the skills but its a massive ask for a young gun to be thrown into 5/8 or into the forwards in the NRL. Edge backrower and centre now are quite similar positions and I personally cant see a reason why he wouldn't make a successful centre early in his career. Jamie lyon had all the silky skills of a 5/8 but played the majority of his career as a centre and a damn good one, it would be nice to have a centre who can ball play and set up his winger.

If he has the personality traits of latrell then just let him go now. Football wise Schuster seems to have all the skills but its a massive ask for a young gun to be thrown into 5/8 or into the forwards in the NRL. Edge backrower and centre now are quite similar positions and I personally cant see a reason why he wouldn't make a successful centre early in his career. Jamie lyon had all the silky skills of a 5/8 but played the majority of his career as a centre and a damn good one, it would be nice to have a centre who can ball play and set up his winger.

Mate, I'm a massive fan of Shuster, I just hope he can get some confidence of playing a season uninjured. I was only having a joke about anyone wanting to be like Latrell, in any form.
Unfortunately the NRL have a few stars with attributes my father would have beat out of me at a young age.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4