Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brayden Musgrove

Woodsie

played strong, done good.
We were top heavy with outside backs anyway. Now 2 spots to fill. Levi and either ZDC or Eddie PNG, Whoever trains better and earns it. The loser starts at Blacktown and is next in line anyway
Yeah .... but .... I had hopes for the creampuff .... I thought he would be a contender .....

The better Robbo

Yeah .... but .... I had hopes for the creampuff .... I thought he would be a contender .....
Opens up the door for Funa and hoppa. Still have Miski and Anderson in development squad too.
Also still have Sam Smith, he's a bit of a forgotten man. He is a huge unit and real solid defender. With his height he could be an option on the wing too

maxta

Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Sick of these tissue contracts in the modern game - there was more loyalty in the old days from a handshake in the carpark.....not even 100% sure I wouldn't make him stick around for a season at Blacktown and see if he "adjusts" to this amazing difference in lifestyle....did we sign him from Argentina or the Arctic circle....I was tricked into thinking he was just up the Highway from Newcastle ??

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Super Coach Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Wow that was a short lived career.

Anyway we don't know what the full story is - could be other personal or family reasons he wants to go home - just convenient to call it homesickness and make light of it.

Woodsie

played strong, done good.
Opens up the door for Funa and hoppa. Still have Miski and Anderson in development squad too.
Also still have Sam Smith, he's a bit of a forgotten man. He is a huge unit and real solid defender. With his height he could be an option on the wing too
Musgrove was a centre and With the exception of Funa and Smith ... the others are fullbacks or wingers ... Hoppa I agree is a strong canditate .... but Miski at best is a solid stand in winger, and Anderson is at best a fantasy of the permanently delusional ......

Oh I just remembered that Garrick is also a centre ... so you are correct ... we have pretty good coverage ....

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Very unfortunate. But what it does is leave the door open for young Ben T. and maybe Schuster in the centres. Hoppa is definitely for a wing spot (look out Taufua) and back up full back (look out St George are looking for a full back). But watching the short film of Ben T. he has similar long striding and quick pace like Musgrove, so we may not have lost much. Could see Ben moved out of the development level because of this (or Schuster)

The better Robbo

Musgrove was a centre and With the exception of Funa and Smith ... the others are fullbacks or wingers ... Hoppa I agree is a strong canditate .... but Miski at best is a solid stand in winger, and Anderson is at best a fantasy of the permanently delusional ......

Oh I just remembered that Garrick is also a centre ... so you are correct ... we have pretty good coverage ....
Also forgot about Schuster who could potentially start his career at centre. Still have Elliott who can cover aswell.
I like funa, what ive seen of him he could be a gun if he gets his head right and stays committed. I think there's enough there to work with. Gosiewski can also provide cover if there is an injury crisis

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred
IF ... if true ...... **** off you sooky little mummy's boy .... fair ****ingdinkum ... it's an hours drive you pillow biting pantie wearer .... grow a man bun to go with that handbag you pathetic little dribbler .... bloody hell ...
And yet we have a young PNG kid from a small village taking a massive leap of faith in his pursuit of his dream.
This generation P!sees me of, too worried about hairstyles, tattoos and their online public image rather than getting down and dirty.

globaleagle

SGF0IHJ1bGVzIGFsbCE=
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Maybe it's just the mole having us on for 'tosspot tuesday'.

Surely no one gets homesick 2 hr drive away.? It's kinda pathetic to me even when players in Eng say they're homesick. You've gone from one whitey filled english speaking country to another slightly colder one on good coin.

Deal with it.

R3

Bird gang affiliate
We did really well letting Brian Kelly go back to the Goldy and Blake Green hasn’t experienced much more success since leaving the club either.

We are better off with committed players.

Musgrove is no bigger loss than David Vaealiki

Peter C

Premium Member
According to Mole:
SEA EAGLES LOSE YOUNG GUN
Manly have suffered a setback with new signing Brayden Musgrove set to quit the club before he even plays a game in his new colours.
Word out of the northern peninsula is that Musgrove, a promising centre/winger from Newcastle, is having trouble settling into the Sydney lifestyle and has a bad case of homesickness.
The Sea Eagles signed Musgrove after he performed solidly in the Canterbury Cup this year, having overcome a serious knee injury.
The 21-year-old hails from Cessnock - the same town that produced Knights legends Andrew and Matthew Johns.
He doesn't have a contract with the Knights for 2020 but may be thrown a lifeline by the club.
So basically, if the Knights don't sign him up then his potential first grade career is over.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
Premium Member
2017 Tipping Competitor
Maybe it's just the mole having us on for 'tosspot tuesday'.

Surely no one gets homesick 2 hr drive away.? It's kinda pathetic to me even when players in Eng say they're homesick. You've gone from one whitey filled english speaking country to another slightly colder one on good coin.

Deal with it.
Makes you wonder.
One player that springs to mind as a great example of beating homesickness to chase your dream is Paul Shaw.
All the way from Wellington NSW to the big smoke.
Mustn't have been easy but he played in a premiership team.
Unfortunately he moved further on to the gold coast quicksand and wasn't heard of again but I guess he was made one of those offers...

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Gee, tough crowd here! If anyone thinks Sydney is similar to Newcastle (let alone Cessnock) then you haven’t ever tried living there. Half the key to a successful roster is finding players who can handle the lifestyle, that includes on and off-field. Good luck to the kid.
Plus like C & C mentioned there may have been some other issue anyway.
The way Manly is shaping at present, I have no anger for anyone who leaves, I just feel sorry for them!

Cliffymagic

2019 Tipping Competitor
Remember Elliot having a great game at center last year. Happy for him to cover any injury to parker and moses. Everything boils down to a titanium turbo at the back.

Budgewoi Eagle

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
2019 Tipping Competitor
So this kid can only play at Newcastle. Poor bugger.

Top Bottom