Brayden Musgrove

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On BSB this morning Bulldog Ritchie said pre season training under Des has found him out a bit - ie a lot harder than up in Newcastle under Nathan Brown. That is why he is home sick....

Brown and Barrett must come from the same school of St George hard work

On BSB this morning Bulldog Ritchie said pre season training under Des has found him out a bit - ie a lot harder than up in Newcastle under Nathan Brown. That is why he is home sick....

Brown and Barrett must come from the same school of St George hard work
If so not the right fit for our squad better to let him go.

It's a huge change for people from the Hunter to move to Sydney as it's a completely different lifestyle to what they are used to, especially at a young age. I have two nieces who moved down to study at Uni and one lasted 2 years and the other three years, but neither were happy during their time and it was a struggle to get them to complete their course (one didn't but finally did in Newcastle).

If you are young and have never been away from family and there is no family locally to where you are going, it would be extremely difficult for some people. If Zane (I'm assuming) had a girlfriend and she didn't choose to move with him, that would be an issue also.

I have a nephew who was chosen by the Broncos development group and spent just 3 months up there before he became homesick as an 18yo and came back. He then decided that Rugby League was not something he was going to make too much money out of and he realised it was just a bit of fun for him Yes he is very talented as a RL player but not really NRL level. He has a successful business career and while he still plays at a high level, he is very content with his life and his business is his focus.

We have to remember how old these guys are and if they've never been away from home and have a tight family the level of impact it makes on them. Just look at how many of our players still choose to live not on the Northern Beaches and commute each day.

It's a huge change for people from the Hunter to move to Sydney as it's a completely different lifestyle to what they are used to, especially at a young age. I have two nieces who moved down to study at Uni and one lasted 2 years and the other three years, but neither were happy during their time and it was a struggle to get them to complete their course (one didn't but finally did in Newcastle).

If you are young and have never been away from family and there is no family locally to where you are going, it would be extremely difficult for some people. If Zane (I'm assuming) had a girlfriend and she didn't choose to move with him, that would be an issue also.

I have a nephew who was chosen by the Broncos development group and spent just 3 months up there before he became homesick as an 18yo and came back. He then decided that Rugby League was not something he was going to make too much money out of and he realised it was just a bit of fun for him Yes he is very talented as a RL player but not really NRL level. He has a successful business career and while he still plays at a high level, he is very content with his life and his business is his focus.

We have to remember how old these guys are and if they've never been away from home and have a tight family the level of impact it makes on them. Just look at how many of our players still choose to live not on the Northern Beaches and commute each day.

100% correct (except we’re talking about Brayden, not Zane).

Would also add that everything you’ve mentioned is compounded if there is some sort of issue - health or otherwise - with a family member. Which may or may not be the case, and is nobody’s business but Brayden and his family’s, either way.

My apologies to all.... Brayden

So, your 20 to 21 years of age and you get the chance of a lifetime and just throw it all away?

He wasn't given the chance of a lifetime, he was already way behind Suli, Parker, Elliot and Funa. And then you have Burbo, Schuster and Hoppa. I think the Manly group are pretty tight and it may have been hard to break in, when many of his age in the team still live out west. So, 7 trying for centre and maybe he just felt it wasn't going to happen. Who knows?

When you actually look at the centre options we have, it's somewhat hard to understand why they signed him anyway and if Des and Crusher really wanted him, he wouldn't be going home.

He wasn't given the chance of a lifetime, he was already way behind Suli, Parker, Elliot and Funa. And then you have Burbo, Schuster and Hoppa. I think the Manly group are pretty tight and it may have been hard to break in, when many of his age in the team still live out west. So, 7 trying for centre and maybe he just felt it wasn't going to happen. Who knows?

When you actually look at the centre options we have, it's somewhat hard to understand why they signed him anyway and if Des and Crusher really wanted him, he wouldn't be going home.

Add to that list Sam Smith...just sayin'

Naturally could be a range of reasons for his decision or preference to seek a release . Maybe the prospect of most likely spending the majority or all of next season with Black Town was a major consideration also . Probably was just on a minimal contract level but would still free up some additional cap money so hopefully this can then be directed for other worthwhile cap - player options . The Manly management did not seem overly concerned with the outcome .

What"s the go with suggestions of young Schuster being tried as a centre ? Maybe i have missed something but i really can not recall one instance of him ever playing there , in the Manly juniors at least ., Talented kid of course and not denying his versatility but would only expect him to be developed as a back rower going forward and ideally long term at the Sea Eagles .

What"s the go with suggestions of young Schuster being tried as a centre ? Maybe i have missed something but i really can not recall one instance of him ever playing there , in the Manly juniors at least ., Talented kid of course and not denying his versatility but would only expect him to be developed as a back rower going forward and ideally long term at the Sea Eagles .
Ridiculous to suggest Schuster is anything but a lock, or a five eighth. He's a big unit with all the skills so I liken him to a Malcolm Reilly type. Hopefully he develops to be something close to the great Manly/English player. I'm doubtful that as he climbs the grades he would be as good at five-eight as he doesn't seem to have blinding acceleration. So, lock is the position I see him playing - and I'm excited by his potential.

Ridiculous to suggest Schuster is anything but a lock, or a five eighth. He's a big unit with all the skills so I liken him to a Malcolm Reilly type. Hopefully he develops to be something close to the great Manly/English player. I'm doubtful that as he climbs the grades he would be as good at five-eight as he doesn't seem to have blinding acceleration. So, lock is the position I see him playing - and I'm excited by his potential.
100% true - this youngster creates magic and is a 1-2 receiver...he can make the break with strength, footwork and speed, but his key ingredient is some of the silkiest handling skills and vision you are likely to find in a youngster....centre would be a total waste of his main attributes.

He has all the skills to be able to play as a centre, alot of backrowers start their career as a centre. He has a bit of Latrell Mitchell about him and could be a world class centre. He is a giant compared to the kids his age but to be thrown in the forwards so early is a big ask

He has all the skills to be able to play as a centre, alot of backrowers start their career as a centre. He has a bit of Latrell Mitchell about him and could be a world class centre. He is a giant compared to the kids his age but to be thrown in the forwards so early is a big ask
Not doubting his ability to be able to play in other positions per say , many young skillful mobile type players with a bit of size can manage back row , centre even 6 but for his and Manly "s best scenario situation , where can he be most effective and all current indications are as an edge , ball playing forward or back rower . Playing at Black Town most likely at least in the early stages next season should allow him to adapt to the increased rigors of competing at a higher and more intense level , then to hopefully become an established back rower[ again on present indications ] for a long career in Manly colors

Robbo, what part of Latrell does he have? ego or does he suffers from a high opinion of his worth?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4