Bozo article - by Kenty

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is it possible that Brett & or Scott replace Des as coach when he decides to give it away. Just a thought. Would be a great story. Brett has done great things with the junior teams.
Yes, although monas, Chad and ballin are also in the Des system.

I also 100 percent agree with Bozo on his "pestering of Des" to make changes earlier this season. It's a credit to Des that he listened to Bozo and made the changes to team selection, that have changed our season.
And what (according to this version of history) exactly were those critical changes? And exactly when did Des make them?

The article implies it was after our disastrous first 4 rounds, and as we all know, Manly began to turn it around the next week with a clutch win over the Warriors in Round 5 (despite still no Turbo.)

But the only changes in the 17 from Round 4 to Round 5 were that Suli Boyle and Cust got hurt against the Panthers and were replaced by Harper, Sipley and Funa!

and furthermore! (lol)
The only changes from Round 5 to Round 6 v Titans were...
Walker and Jetski got injured against the Warriors, replaced by Turbo and Olakau’atu, and Cust now fit so back on the bench in place of Funa.

Last edited:
and furthermore! (lol)
The only changes from Round 4 to Round 5 v Titans were...
Walker and Jetski got injured against the Warriors, replaced by Turbo and Olakau’atu, and Cust now fit so back on the bench in place of Funa.
The key word @SeaEagleRock8 in the following sentence from the article is THROUGH. So let's read on shall we "Bozo watched the Sea Eagles be something south of awful through the first four rounds". Therefore it was during that period i.e Rounds 1-4 inclusive that Bozo has urged the changes to style and roster that Des made "through" that time.
"They conceded 156 points in those first four games, and so Fulton responded the only way he knew how, which was to pester coach Des Hasler on the phone and urge changes to style and roster that he was sure would improve them."
Clearly any idiot can see that making the changes to the roster (urged by Bozo) is essentially the changes to the team selected from Round One through Round Five made by Des. This is what we call following a logical progression.
So let's look at the difference in the team selected from Round One "through" Round Five into Round Six to arrive at the answer. This might not suit your version of history, but in recognising the significant differences between those sides, might well be the answer.

Last edited:
The key word @SeaEagleRock8 in the following sentence from the article is THROUGH. So let's read on shall we "Bozo watched the Sea Eagles be something south of awful through the first four rounds". Therefore it was during that period i.e Rounds 1-4 inclusive that Bozo has urged the changes to style and roster that Des made "through" that time.
"They conceded 156 points in those first four games, and so Fulton responded the only way he knew how, which was to pester coach Des Hasler on the phone and urge changes to style and roster that he was sure would improve them."
Clearly any idiot can see that making the changes to the roster (urged by Bozo) is essentially the changes to the team selected from Round One through Round Five made by Des. This is what we call following a logical progression.
So let's look at the difference in the team selected from Round One "through" Round Five to arrive at the answer. This might not suit your version of history, but in recognising the significant differences between those sides, might well be the answer.
And BTW are you disputing Bozo's version of history. Seriously. As much as Kenty gets up my nose on some stuff, there is no doubt that he had/has a very strong relationship with Bozo and the Fulton family as a whole. This article doesnt go to print without the Fulton families approval.

Last edited:
So let's look at the difference in the team selected from Round One "through" Round Five into Round Six to arrive at the answer. This might not suit your version of history, but in recognising the significant differences between those sides, might well be the answer.

Round 1
Dylan Walker
Jason Saab
Brad Parker
Moses Suli
Reuben Garrick
Kieran Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans
Josh Aloiai
Lachlan Croker
Martin Taupau
Jack Gosiewski
Curtis Sironen
Jake Trbojevic

Tevita Funa
Andrew Davey
Morgan Boyle
Taniela Paseka
Tom is still not going to return for several weeks.
Sironen gets injured and hasn't played again (to date).
Boyle has a foot injury and misses a week.
Olakau'atu plays NSW cup and has an elbow injury, out for 4 weeks.

Round 2
Dylan Walker
Jason Saab
Brad Parker
Moses Suli
Reuben Garrick
Kieran Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans
Martin Taupau
Lachlan Croker
Taniela Paseka
Andrew Davey
Jack Gosiewski
Jake Trbojevic

Josh Aloiai
Cade Cust
Sean Keppie
Josh Schuster
Cust replaced Funa on the bench.
Keppie replaces Boyle on the bench.
Davey does his ACL and doesn't play again to date. Schuster is on bench.

Round 3
Dylan Walker
Jason Saab
Brad Parker
Moses Suli
Reuben Garrick
Kieran Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans
Taniela Paseka
Lachlan Croker
Martin Taupau
Jack Gosiewski
Josh Schuster
Jake Trbojevic

Cade Cust
Sean Keppie
Josh Aloiai
Toafofoa Sipley
Schuster starts at second row in place of Davey, Sipley comes onto the bench.

Round 4
Dylan Walker
Jason Saab
Brad Parker
Moses Suli
Reuben Garrick
Kieran Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans
Taniela Paseka
Lachlan Croker
Martin Taupau
Josh Schuster
Morgan Boyle
Jake Trbojevic

Jack Gosiewski
Cade Cust
Sean Keppie
Josh Aloiai
Boyle returns in place of Sipley, but dislocates shoulder and hasn't returned since.
Moses Suli has a back injury and will miss at least 1 week.

Round 5
Dylan Walker
Jason Saab
Brad Parker
Morgan Harper
Reuben Garrick
Kieran Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans
Taniela Paseka
Lachlan Croker
Josh Aloiai
Jack Gosiewski
Josh Schuster
Jake Trbojevic

Martin Taupau
Toafofoa Sipley
Sean Keppie
Tevita Funa
Walker does his hamstring this match and is out for several matches.
Gosiewski also injured his leg and is out for several months.
Sipley is back onto the bench.

Round 6
Tom Trbojevic
Jason Saab
Brad Parker
Morgan Harper
Reuben Garrick
Kieran Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans
Taniela Paseka
Lachlan Croker
Josh Aloiai
Josh Schuster
Sean Keppie
Jake Trbojevic

Martin Taupau
Haumole Olakau'atu
Cade Cust
Toafofoa Sipley
Tom returns from injury
Olakau'atu returns from injury, starts on bench
Harper retains centre spot despite Suli being available to return

And BTW are you disputing Bozo's version of history. Seriously.
Two events can correlate without one causing the other.

If Bozo got on the phone and tells Des to make some squad changes, and Des makes squad changes he was going to (or forced to) make anyway... that doesn't mean Bozo was the instigator of it all (as this article seems to suggest).

As for 'style' changes, surely not possible within a short time period.

Last edited:
Bit of a chuckle at the puppy dogs on here.
One minute it's Paul Kent's an idiot, Paul Kent knows nothing about rugby league, Paul Kent blah blah blah
Next minute after a bit of a tummy rub, tails wagging furiously, can I have another bone Paul?, can I sit on your lap Paul? can I get your slippers Paul? 🤣🤣🤣

As for 'style' changes, surely not possible within a short time period.

When Tom returned to the side, there was a distinct and rather immediate style change. Instead of having a fullback who spent most of his attacking time in the line trying to be a 5/8 (but mostly clogging up the works) and only really being a fullback for kick returns, we had a fullback who ran the ball, passed the ball, set up support players ... and more importantly became the drill sergeant behind the defensive line.

They were arguably Manly’s greatest on-field combination.

Cliffy and the Beaver.

And now they could be reunited forever – this time off field.

Manly and Northern Beaches Council have begun formal talks about the naming and renaming of grandstands at 4 Pines Park in Brookvale.

And The Daily Telegraph can reveal talks have centred around renaming the existing grandstand at the southern end of Brookvale – known as the Fulton-Menzies Stand — after club greats Steve Menzies and Cliff Lyons.

It would be known as the Menzies-Lyons stand.

Changing the name would then allow the club and council to name the new 3000-seat stand at the northern end of Brookvale after Sea Eagles Immortal Bob Fulton, who died on May 23.

It would be known as the Bob Fulton Grandstand.

The Bob Fulton stand would be part of Manly’s new $36m Centre of Excellence currently under construction. Fulton is universally accepted as being Manly’s greatest player.

No definitive decisions have yet been reached for naming of the Brookie stands but well-placed sources indicate Fulton would now be given his own grandstand while Lyons would join Menzies.

Lyons and Menzies became one of Manly’s finest combinations.

The cagey and brilliant Lyons and the free-running Menzies also had an on-field telepathy.

Lyons has played the most games for Manly (309 between 1986 and 1999) with Menzies in second place on 280 between 1993 and 2008.

Manly fans rate Lyons among the most natural and iconic players in the club’s proud 74-year history.

No doubt former Manly skipper and coach Geoff Toovey has also been considered for the honour as would former premiership winning coaches Ron Willey, Frank Stanton and Des Hasler.

It is unknown who council will name the Centre of Excellence after when it opens in November.

Construction work may be delayed though through Covid but the club still plans to unveil the new stands at the first game of season 2022.

The existing Jane Try Stand and Ken Arthurson, based on the western side of the ground, will remain. The Fulton-Menzies Stand was named in 2008.

Manly officials and the NRL are lobbying the State Government for additional funding to help continue improvements at 4 Pines Park.

They were arguably Manly’s greatest on-field combination.

Cliffy and the Beaver.

And now they could be reunited forever – this time off field.

Manly and Northern Beaches Council have begun formal talks about the naming and renaming of grandstands at 4 Pines Park in Brookvale.

And The Daily Telegraph can reveal talks have centred around renaming the existing grandstand at the southern end of Brookvale – known as the Fulton-Menzies Stand — after club greats Steve Menzies and Cliff Lyons.

It would be known as the Menzies-Lyons stand.

Changing the name would then allow the club and council to name the new 3000-seat stand at the northern end of Brookvale after Sea Eagles Immortal Bob Fulton, who died on May 23.

It would be known as the Bob Fulton Grandstand.

The Bob Fulton stand would be part of Manly’s new $36m Centre of Excellence currently under construction. Fulton is universally accepted as being Manly’s greatest player.

No definitive decisions have yet been reached for naming of the Brookie stands but well-placed sources indicate Fulton would now be given his own grandstand while Lyons would join Menzies.

Lyons and Menzies became one of Manly’s finest combinations.

The cagey and brilliant Lyons and the free-running Menzies also had an on-field telepathy.

Lyons has played the most games for Manly (309 between 1986 and 1999) with Menzies in second place on 280 between 1993 and 2008.

Manly fans rate Lyons among the most natural and iconic players in the club’s proud 74-year history.

No doubt former Manly skipper and coach Geoff Toovey has also been considered for the honour as would former premiership winning coaches Ron Willey, Frank Stanton and Des Hasler.

It is unknown who council will name the Centre of Excellence after when it opens in November.

Construction work may be delayed though through Covid but the club still plans to unveil the new stands at the first game of season 2022.

The existing Jane Try Stand and Ken Arthurson, based on the western side of the ground, will remain. The Fulton-Menzies Stand was named in 2008.

Manly officials and the NRL are lobbying the State Government for additional funding to help continue improvements at 4 Pines Park.

I'm ok with this except I would call it the Lyons-Menzies stand (for obvious reasons)

Ahem. You may have overestimated the ability of some idiots (a common mistake) !

Meanwhile it would assist this particular idiot if you were to answer my earlier enquiry as to which players Bozo was urging Des to change, and when Des made those changes (for which you have graciously given Des credit).

The only reason I made that enquiry was out of curiosity, because from my recollection the changes Des made were in response to injuries. I couldn't see any big change at any point in his usual team-building modus operandi.

I should add that it doesn't matter a hoot. Personally I couldn't see a time when it seemed Des had finally taken the advice of Silvertails (or Bozo) and dropped some players. So as I say, I fear you've overestimated some of us idiots!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6