Bob Fulton appointed Strategic Football Consultant

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To play Devils advocate

Are there parallels to what happened at Souths several years ago. Joe Kelly was at Souths during this time.

Souths coached by Jason Taylor - good coach but lacked man mgt skills
Bring in John Lang as overall coaching helper. John Lang noted man mgr
Find an excuse to get rid of Jason Taylor and have ready made coach with the experienced Lang
Lang named interim coach while they find suitable replacement

Just replace the names with 2V and Fulton

I hope my observations are not correct

To play Devils advocate

Are there parallels to what happened at Souths several years ago. Joe Kelly was at Souths during this time.

Find an excuse to get rid of Jason Taylor and have ready made coach with the experienced Lang

Is Jason Taylor going to coach us?

Was thinking the same.About whether Foz will backflip now. Big change in attitude from him against The Panthers. Interesting timing.
I think Foz has realised he's stuffed up. Probably been reading up on the eels forum how they're not happy with choc and maybe BA is not super coach after all. On top of that a few hours before we played the panthers heard the eels got flogged by the tits.

Maybe he is getting ready to activate his get out clause in his new contract with the eels. If the eels continue to serve up crap like last week BA wont be coach next year.

To play Devils advocate

Difference is that 2Vs man management issues were not an issue till Gifty was not re-signed. So its a contrived issue by the media and their source :cool:

2Vs results are also not comparable with JTs, or in fact 13 other coaches @:cool:

Manly are now aware that shafting 2v will cut their revenue drastically. We are keeping a close watch on the Kelly Gang, we are not Souffs :D

Well he certainly looked motivated throughout the Penrith game - continued his 'red hot poker' moment from the (approximately) 65 minute mark in the Canberra game.

Maybe also noted that house prices in the more desirable parts of the Hills District enjoy similar or higher prices than Belrose. ;)

Sorry but we don't need a 67 year old club legend, trying to pull the club out of the **** Mr Penn....We need current management and its hanger oners to do the job....If this is the best penn has well fark me, we are gone

Hey Frogz, Hope you don't mind me asking a couple of Q's... ( I forgot last night!)
1. How old are you?
2. What are your credentials to criticize Bozo's appointment?

I get the feeling that you are very knowledgeable about the game. You aren't an ex first grade coach by any chance are you ? Maybe - Brian Smith perhaps?
BTW, I'm 66. Us oldies tend to be sensitive about this stuff!

For what it's worth this was just posted on Sportal.

Bozo will stop the clowning around

Bob Fulton's appointment as Manly's strategic football consultant should be seen as good news for those supporting Geoff Toovey's retention.

Bozo and Tooves enjoyed a good working relationship as coach and skipper in the mid-1990s and remain close.

The last thing Fulton would want is to be the one having to show Toovey the door.

Fulton will ensure Tooves has all the necessary support and guidance. He believes in him as a long-term NRL coach.

And what Bozo says usually goes.

It would be a brave CEO or chairman who goes against the Immortal's call.

And don't forget the fans in all this. As this piece indicates, their voice will be heard.

Hey Frogz, Hope you don't mind me asking a couple of Q's... ( I forgot last night!)
1. How old are you?
2. What are your credentials to criticize Bozo's appointment?

I get the feeling that you are very knowledgeable about the game. You aren't an ex first grade coach by any chance are you ? Maybe - Brian Smith perhaps?
BTW, I'm 66. Us oldies tend to be sensitive about this stuff!

53 my friend and no I don't coach. But I don't have to like an appointment if I don't have to. Just stating my opinion. It is strange timing and strange appointment.

I hope it done for the right reasons believe me, but anything Penn and his Crew do at the moment I doubt there reasons/intentions/objective.

Sorry but that's it. MY Opinion

53 my friend and no I don't coach. But I don't have to like an appointment if I don't have to. Just stating my opinion. It is strange timing and strange appointment.

I hope it done for the right reasons believe me, but anything Penn and his Crew do at the moment I doubt there reasons/intentions/objective.

I Appreciate your candor!
Just think where you'll be in 14 years. (God!... I'll be 80 and Fulton will be 81!
gulp!
(I really did think that you were Brian Smith though! ;)

Time will tell feathered friend :)

Difference is that 2Vs man management issues were not an issue till Gifty was not re-signed. So its a contrived issue by the media and their source :cool:

2Vs results are also not comparable with JTs, or in fact 13 other coaches @:cool:

Manly are now aware that shafting 2v will cut their revenue drastically. We are keeping a close watch on the Kelly Gang, we are not Souffs :D
Is it a situation set up by a few players close to gift? B Stewart, Matai, Foran?

I have a feeling that B Stewart and Matai are going to play less and less football from now on as they struggle to carry the chip on their shoulders because of the gifty situation.

Maybe we need to let them go and try and get the playing group 100% back on side?

Yes and I honestly hope I am wrong...but I always go on my gut feel and that's it at the moment.
Many years ago, a management trainer I once knew said: " If you make decisions based on gut feeling, then you are making decisions based on indigestion!"

Is it a situation set up by a few players close to gift? B Stewart, Matai, Foran?

I have a feeling that B Stewart and Matai are going to play less and less football from now on as they struggle to carry the chip on their shoulders because of the gifty situation.

Maybe we need to let them go and try and get the playing group 100% back on side?

That's a fair call regarding some of the games Brett''s played this year but I thought Matai was one of our best last Saturday night.

Bozo's presence has got to be good thing . . .at least in the short to medium term. It will help to stabilize the club, it management, its coaching, the morale of the players.
The exact motivations of Kelly, however, can only be guessed at. We, as fans,, can see that in the short, medium term, this will STRENGTHEN Manly.
The G Gould layout has worked for the Panthers. There's no reason it won't work for us too.

I'd say to them your free to go to super leauge but not nil.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8