Bluetongue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
wylergnu said:
I quite enjoy going to Bluetongue

The biggest issue I have with games in Gosford is the timing. If a club is going to have a game there they should ask for a guarantee from the NRL that the game wont be played on Friday or Monday night. The last few games there have been Friday night games which doesnt allow enough time for many people from Sydney to get to the game in time. Weekend games there allow for a great day out.
Agree with this. I don't mind Bluetongue either but my biggest issue is timing. Why the NRL regularly schedules games at Gosford on a Friday night is beyond me. With fans trying to get to the games from Sydney, many straight from work, as well as Central Coast commuters heading home and all converging on Gosford, together with the normal heavy traffic on the F3 going away for the weekend, its a recipe for traffic chaos. Sat/Sun games are so much easier to attend and far more appealing.

wylergnu said:
I quite enjoy going to Bluetongue

The biggest issue I have with games in Gosford is the timing. If a club is going to have a game there they should ask for a guarantee from the NRL that the game wont be played on Friday or Monday night. The last few games there have been Friday night games which doesnt allow enough time for many people from Sydney to get to the game in time. Weekend games there allow for a great day out.
Agree with this. I don't mind Bluetongue either but my biggest issue is timing. Why the NRL regularly schedules games at Gosford on a Friday night is beyond me. With fans trying to get to the games from Sydney, many straight from work, as well as Central Coast commuters heading home and all converging on Gosford, together with the normal heavy traffic on the F3 going away for the weekend, its a recipe for traffic chaos. Sat/Sun games are so much easier to attend and far more appealing.

Brookvale said:
I dont drink dishwashing liquid blue tongue beer. hence dont have to wee. better to have a drink before and/or after the game across the road.

The only thing i dont like is the howling wind on a normal night. yesterday must of been so much worse.

There were a few other beers available last night, not just Bluetongue. In fact I didn't see any Bluetongue beer.

And yes believe me the wind and cold there last night was as worst as it could possibly be!

bones said:
Wolfpack said:
Glad we didn't take a home game up there this year.
We did. In round 2 Vs the Tigers.

Ah, so we did. See, I dislike Bluetounge so much that I try to wipe any memory of the place away.

Jono said:
PS we obviously don't have too many supporters in Gosford (other than the 2000 odd that were there tonight, a lot which come from the Northern Beaches anyway) so why should we be taking games up there, other than for financial gain?

I'd rather see the club take games to New Zealand, Perth or double headers at SFS/Homebush/Brisbane before they take games to Gosford. You'd think that there'd be more financial benefit to those games as well (assuming the opportunities are available).

bones said:
That was the last time I go to watch a game at that s**t hole on a Friday night. I know it was a Souths home game, but if Manly take a game there next year and it's scheduled for a Friday I will stay home and watch it. Took me almost four hours to get there. An hour of that after exiting the Freeway with the traffic heading into West Gosford horrendous.

Bones, try heading up to the Ourimbah exit and backtracking down the old highway to Gosford. I sometimes did that when I lived at Green Point many years ago, before the highway down through West Gosford was upgraded.

I you cant control the traffic on Friday Night as i was leaving work in Sydney i did hear there was a accident at West Gosford and Kariong Hill was bumper to bumper and it was that's the worst traffic that has been in that area for over 3 years since woy woy rd was closed. great place to watch Manly as those who live there are home in 15 mins, i went to the Manly play the dish lickers at brookie and even after kicking a ball around with the kids at the end of the game it still took 10 mins to get up the hill to warringah rd but at least once thru there home in 50 mins.

I don't mind it but I travel from the opposite direction. The traffic down the hill is to be avoided if possible, friday nights make that very hard.

Larissa said:
Afternoon all,

Would you all mind sending an email to [email protected] with your feedback on BlueTongue.

Much easier for me to make changes to venue and scheduling if I have some ammunition to take to David.

Thanks, and Go Manly!

Larissa

Rumors on the net is that David and Kaspersky are looking at taking a pre season game against Canberra to China, would love to see this happen!

Could you guys possibly inform NRL/ARLC to get a pre season comp going or a return of the 7's or 9's - fans across all clubs want to the later return

bluetongue is the worst place to watch league.

Its like they took all the worst attributes of grounds and put it into 1

Movement times are woeful, makes Brooky look state of the art (and we all know this isnt true) If you were to arrive at the gate 30 mins before kick off for a 15K (75% capacity) crowd, try and goto the bathroom, grab a feed and buy a beer you will eventually scramble to your seat across the scaffolding with about 20 minutes to go.

How is that anything more than a fail?

Add to that at 6"1 im not short and having my knees in the back on some strangers head is plain rude for both of us.

Disgusting ground and a real eyesore on the game no idea how anyone can like that ground.

It was done on the cheap. Cost only what, $20 odd million? Look how much the GC and new Melbourne stadiums cost - and they aren't big grounds either.

I love going to Bluetongue I really do. It's very awesome for me to have mates living within walking distance. But we walked into the game on Friday night and lasted about an hour before leaving. The weather was just too shocking. Rain was going sideways into our faces (me as a full-time glasses wearer; it was shocking).

I have never had to leave a game like that before but unfortunately I'd been sick all day and didn't want to make myself worse. I literally bawled the walk back to my mate's house (I'm an emotional girl this is common haha).

I've been called a fan without commitment all weekend and a slack supporter. Yet I've been to 13 Manly games this season including Brisbane.. and if you count every NRL game I've gone to this season, I'm at to 35 games.

I want to go to a Manly game vs either Souths or the Tigers at bluetongue either way I can hook family members into coming (granted from the cc that's how I know what Grahame park use to look like (my uncle and The Entrance while a Tiger player use to go there and get into biffs with Townies players - think we're feral old CC games were biff fests. Hence why I like teams tgat dish out punishment

I don't know about the rest of you but would love to see us take say vs Roosters(it'll be a few years until they hit our level)to Christchurch or Wellington.
Or maybe look at taking Gold Coast or North QLD to Adelaide to make sure we get some coin.

Phantar said:
It was done on the cheap. Cost only what, $20 odd million? Look how much the GC and new Melbourne stadiums cost - and they aren't big grounds either.

True but if there was an offer to knock down & rebuild this stadium at Brookie would you knock it back?

Mals said:
Phantar said:

True but if there was an offer to knock down & rebuild this stadium at Brookie would you knock it back?

Absolutly YES

ALinda said:
I don't mind Bluetongue either but my biggest issue is timing. Why the NRL regularly schedules games at Gosford on a Friday night is beyond me.

The NRL don't schedule the games and they have a contract (fortunately expiring this season) that stops them from making any changes to the schedule that channel 9 and Fox come up with.

Mals said:
Phantar said:

No, but I'd hope they'd address some of the current shortcomings like the narrow concourses and inadequate entry/exit points. And they'd have to flip it around 180 degrees. So that the open end was the current Brooky 'Family Hill' end. And maroon and white seating! And the upper tier, that was originally planned for the northern end, in its current Gosford guise, should be built. It would look very impressive, coming up Pittwater Road, from the south.

Larissa, I've travelled throughout China many times, and it would be awesome being up there with the team. Shanghai perhaps. Anyway Shoe1 the ferry from Palm beach to Ettalong didn't run on Friday night due to the weather. I wondered why the bus ran at 3pm for a game that started at 7.30 so now I know.

I am sorry to anyone who disagrees, but I have been to BT almost every time we play there and it is simply hell... as I said earlier, if you go to the toilet and the place is anywhere near capacity then you have to expect to take 15 minutes getting back.

For a modern stadium it is just unacceptable. Not to mention the fact that at the end of the game you either join a mass of people who are going nowhere fast, as you filter out of one of the very small exit stairways or you sit in your seat for another half an hour waiting for the crush to die down.

The view is fine, but I would rather the SFS any day.

It should never have been allowed to be built, and I doubt it would these days - I still contend that it just isn't safe.

I would go to the tip if that's where Manly were playing, but in this day and age a walkway that can handle the crowd intended to use it is not a luxury, or even an afterthought - it should be a requirement.

Phantar said:
bones said:
That was the last time I go to watch a game at that s**t hole on a Friday night. I know it was a Souths home game, but if Manly take a game there next year and it's scheduled for a Friday I will stay home and watch it. Took me almost four hours to get there. An hour of that after exiting the Freeway with the traffic heading into West Gosford horrendous.

Bones, try heading up to the Ourimbah exit and backtracking down the old highway to Gosford. I sometimes did that when I lived at Green Point many years ago, before the highway down through West Gosford was upgraded.

This is a good detour I do this as well. I'm very much turned off going to blue tongue on a Friday for this very reason.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6