Bluetongue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
That was the last time I go to watch a game at that **** hole on a Friday night. I know it was a Souths home game, but if Manly take a game there next year and it's scheduled for a Friday I will stay home and watch it. Took me almost four hours to get there. An hour of that after exiting the Freeway with the traffic heading into West Gosford horrendous.

Blue tongue would be an apt description of the physical state of fans watching in the freezing conditions.

I went to Bluetongue a few seasons back and vowed never to return. I know how you are feeling. I am surprised there was such a big crowd. It does show how big a supporter base Souffs have, because there are many Manly fans who have long boycotted the venue.

Yeah it always takes a long time to get down Kariong hill, but on a Friday it is especially bad.

Roads and Maritime have plans to supposing 'fix" it but we shall see.

Afternoon all,

Would you all mind sending an email to [email protected] with your feedback on BlueTongue.

Much easier for me to make changes to venue and scheduling if I have some ammunition to take to David.

Thanks, and Go Manly!

Larissa

Bluetongue is a horrid stadium. Only good for afternoon footy in the sun. It is cold near the water, the wind rushes in and the walkways round the back are a disaster waiting to happen. Once you have people lining up for the toilets and food then there is no where to walk at all... a mess.

Would be a complete debacle if they ever needed to evacuate it at full capacity.

The only game we should take there is a pre season trial in my opinion.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Personally I like the ground. Manly has a great record there as well which doesn't hurt. Agreed tough to get there on a Friday night much better as a Saturday or Sunday game. Unfortunately as we all know without a fixed season schedule it makes it impossible for the NRL clubs to control what day of the week they would play a fixture there.

Nothing wrong with bluetongue at all guys ya bunch off wingers, anyone who lives on the northern beaches and travels north up the F3 knows the traffic can get a little heavy, all it takes is allowing extra time for it.
At least you weren’t hit with freeway tolls and driving into scumbag suburbs.
Keep the games flowing up here Manly, there are a hell of lot of Ex pats from the northern beaches living up here now.
And the Mighty Eagles for mine will now finish 2012 without losing another game and will be going back to back,
Oh yea baby long live the Mighty Eagles and Bluetongue.
:cool:

The stadium is only about a nine iron from my work so go there regularly. Great stadium to watch a game of footy however I agree shocking when trying to walk around the sides as they are not wide enough. It is also very cold given the absence of a southern stand that would have blocked the gale that blew last night.

Manly1973 said:
Nothing wrong with bluetongue at all guys ya bunch off wingers...
Oh yea baby long live the Mighty Eagles and Bluetongue.
:cool:

Yep, they are showing the same form and consistency as our 'wingers'.

I, too, enjoy the stadium. However, it is a tight squeeze for entry and exit and to take a pee:)

Plus, looking at the game on the tv, when nine showed the change rooms, they, too, are a tight squeeze.

It makes much more sense to catch the train to Bluetounge but obviously that option isn't available for everyone (especially if coming from the northern beaches - may as well just drive the whole way).

As far as footy stadiums go, Bluetounge is rubbish. Hate going there to the point where I just don't even bother travelling there anymore. Glad we didn't take a home game up there this year.

Volley said:
Sumdumguy said:
Why not catch the train?
I like Bluetongue.

You're not dumb at all. Agreed on both counts.

Another idea for the club would be to charter a palm beach ferry to ettalong and bus from there. It would be awesome for a day game at gosford. A great option for upper northern beaches fans.

Shoe1 said:
Volley said:
Sumdumguy said:
Why not catch the train?
I like Bluetongue.

You're not dumb at all. Agreed on both counts.

Another idea for the club would be to charter a palm beach ferry to ettalong and bus from there. It would be awesome for a day game at gosford. A great option for upper northern beaches fans.

Well much better than getting into the city to catch the train north. You would have to leave the northern beaches at two to get to the game in time.

I've boycotted Bluetongue.
The last game i went to a that venue was Souffs last year.

At only 14k, about two thirds capacity, the stadium was overwhelmed.
You couldn't get a beer or anything to eat unless you wanted to queue for 40 minutes and the walkways were gridlocked. The seats are too small, if you have people on either side, your shoulders are squashed together and people trying to leave their seats are forced to trip over each other.
The view close to the fence is as poor as at Homebush and with their allocated seating you get no choice in the matter.

It's the worst ground in the comp for me, it just nudges out Parra stadium.

wylergnu said:
The biggest issue I have with games in Gosford is the timing. If a club is going to have a game there they should ask for a guarantee from the NRL that the game wont be played on Friday or Monday night.

Yep... That's all i was saying in my post. I don't have a problem if it's a Saturday or Sunday game.

I havnt had problems. I normally get the train up and stay at friends at gosford for the night or two.

I dont drink dishwashing liquid blue tongue beer. hence dont have to wee. better to have a drink before and/or after the game across the road.

The only thing i dont like is the howling wind on a normal night. yesterday must of been so much worse.

Wolfpack said:
It makes much more sense to catch the train to Bluetounge but obviously that option isn't available for everyone (especially if coming from the northern beaches - may as well just drive the whole way).

As far as footy stadiums go, Bluetounge is rubbish. Hate going there to the point where I just don't even bother travelling there anymore. Glad we didn't take a home game up there this year.

We did, Round 2 vs Tigers.

Jono said:
Wolfpack said:

We did, Round 2 vs Tigers.

Bones makes a valid point. Going up on Fridays is extremely hard, especially for people that live and work on the Northern Beaches. Our group of 4 that we had at the game had to take the day off work just so we can get up there with enough time to check in, relax then get to the game.

There are no problems with Saturdays in my opinion but Sundays are bad as well, as the trip back means you don't get home until 730pm at least. By car it's one way into Gosford, and one way out. It's also one way into the ground and one way out...not very good for traffic control. A lot of us on the Beaches don't have the luxury of catching a train so this is not a whinge (or a "wing" as was said by someone before), it is all a fact, and is the reality of the situation for a lot of Manly supporters.

PS we obviously don't have too many supporters in Gosford (other than the 2000 odd that were there tonight, a lot which come from the Northern Beaches anyway) so why should we be taking games up there, other than for financial gain?

Being a local, I dont mind the club bringing a game or 2 to Bluetongue every year if it helps financially, but I understand the frustrations of it being a Friday night. Even without a game on, the F3 most Fridays is a nightmare, add to that a 730 game at Bluetongue and you could probably walk down Kariong hill quicker than driving. And for those that did attend, I'm pretty sure last night was the first time they served a variety of beers and not just that Bluetongue garbage.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6