Blow out scores

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I like the new fast game because The new game does not tolerate

Unfit players
Slow players
ill discipline players

The new game will be the ending of mediocre players

Nothing mediocre is of high standard
Or the ending of mediocre clubs with already low membership numbers.

I just cannot see a reason why PVL would lobby so hard for upgrades, with Brookvale at the top of the tree, to them turn around and ship us off. It makes no sense.

This argument comes about whenever we are in a large slump, at times where things have previously been just as bad in the background.
Vlandys is a business man.. if its good for the game ($$) now he'll lobby for an upgrade. In a few years if its good for the game ($$) the license can go elsewhere. The NRL isn't paying for the upgrade. If the expansion club is a success in 23.. the dominoes may start to fall. On a side note.. I wonder what team vlandys supports? Anyone know? Bet you its a top team with money

Yep I want to watch footballers playing fast but playing crash and bang football. Not fast touch. All the HIA's now in the main are all the result of terrible tackle technique. Players today are simply not taught how to tackle and tackle where you don't need another player to help. No matter the size if the body or the body type... there is a technique to drop every player one on one. But yes it is getting to a game of the quickest team wins. Would the great Artie Beetson survive today? Ball skills wise - absolutely..... fitness wise/lateral movement/speed - not a chance.

One on one tackles are obsolete. They have not been rewarded for years.....even more so with the new faster game.

Vlandys is a business man.. if its good for the game ($$) now he'll lobby for an upgrade. In a few years if its good for the game ($$) the license can go elsewhere. The NRL isn't paying for the upgrade. If the expansion club is a success in 23.. the dominoes may start to fall. On a side note.. I wonder what team vlandys supports? Anyone know? Bet you its a top squad with money
He originates from the same town in Greece as Nick Politis. He bent the rules to enable the Rorters signing of SBW last year. He also bent the rules so that Suaali could play early this season.

He has rubber-stamped every Roosters request thus far. He doesn't want to talk about the great divide in the game, claims all teams are spending the same amount of money in their caps and is particularly fond of cliches.

Oh yeah, he's a betting man too.

It certainly proves that there is not the advantage to muscling your way up the field anymore that there was in the past. It's all well and good hitting the ball at speed off a short, flat pass from dummy half - but that's negated if you can't get to your feet to play the ball quickly again.
The trend for props 3 to 5 years ago was to be 'big'.......be 6'5", and weigh between 110Kgs and 120kgs or more, and smash your way up field. Now - it's moving to 107 kgs (again) - but only if you have decent foot speed, and are (a) strong enough not to get stuck like a turtle on your back after a tackle and (b) have flexibility to bounce up and play the ball as fast as you can. (I can't count the amount of times I've seen a Manly player sacrifice a few extra meters 'push' up the field in the hope of a quick play the ball - I'm sure they are coached this way - I don't like it).

Your smaller players (IE hooker, maybe halves) now have to be kings of explosive sprint speed over 20 meters (and willing to do it) to get the defense back pedaling. I've only seen Foran do this consistently so far this year. We're not quick in the middle third of the field, so we create no space for our outside backs and we're easy pickings.

Let's think of our forwards and how quickly (note I didn't say 'powerfully') they can take the ball up. Marty - slowly, Jake - slowly, Boyle - slowly, Sirro - slowly. Davey, Aloiai, Paseka - quicker, hit the ball at speed, show promise. Gojetski - used to hit the ball at greater speed, now looks injured and a bit afraid of getting hurt, if I'm honest. Sipley - sometimes quickly sometimes slowly - depends how 'gassed' he is. Schmole was the big smokey - hopefully we get to see him in firsts this year to see how he compares on this aspect.

Croker - usually too slow out of dummy half when he does run. Cust - that's how to do it! Croker is actually bigger than Cust, but Cust makes more breaks because of his speed from a standing start. Both of them throw too many 'harbor bridge' passes from dummy half for my liking, though. I thought that the off season was to work on service from dummy half? Particularly as both are really halves and not hookers? Des - hello??
Yes the new standard of a prop is a James Fisher-Harris type as you describe.

Or the ending of mediocre clubs with already low membership numbers.
Our clubs feature is in our hands

We can all do something about it

If the South Sydney People can raise their club from the dead

Manly people can keep their club Always living in Glory

We control our destiny

EmG8ZOOVoAE4gM6 (1).jpg

You only have to go back 9 months or so when you saw a resilient and committed Manly team repel the previous season grand finalists when stricken with 2 serious injuries to players, I remember how they gutsed it out that day and ever since we they are powderpuffs when any exertion is put on them. Where has that attitude gone? Same players, same coach. It comes down to hard work and its obvious that this has not occurred over the offseason!

Unless it is raining, there will be blow outs when the better teams meet. Or one team will lead by 24 and get run down 26-24 in the last minute. But a 26-24 game like that doesn't mean it was a contest or interesting.

Foz to his credit understands this better then the NRL when he said "The fans deserve to come to Lottoland and see us in games challenging for the two points."

If you know your team is not in the game before it even kicks off, why show any interest as a fan?

The new NRL rules have not created a lot of these problems, but they sure do amplify them by blowing out final scores. It makes players and fans turn on each other. it can't be good for the NRL as a viable commercial sport competing with other sports and entertainments for fans, tv ratings and sponsors that 33% of the NRL's clubs and fans have given up before Anzac Day has even arrived.

The new rules have allowed the ref to change or manipulate a game , A ref should be there to apply the rules not interoperate the rules that can change the flow of a game . Hence teams getting more possession and then momentum happens and the blow out score begins

The only positive to come out of this season is we have lost all four games to top 6 teams.. all top 4 teams on points

Panthers, Eels and particularly Tigers have all been sucked in by this in the past - and still are to some degree.

I know you can't keep 'em all - particularly if you're the Panthers, Eels and Tigers - but some of their past decisions have been staggeringly bad (particularly Tigers).

As someone (I think it was Moley) said on Twitter this morning ... to think that the Tigpies let James Tedesco and Josh Addo-Carr go.

Some clubs make poor decisions. Unfortunately right now Manly seem to be among them.

As someone (I think it was Moley) said on Twitter this morning ... to think that the Tigpies let James Tedesco and Josh Addo-Carr go.

Some clubs make poor decisions. Unfortunately right now Manly seem to be among them.
I don't think they 'let' Tedesco go. The Roosters as is their way successfully extracted the player they wanted.

He originates from the same town in Greece as Nick Politis. He bent the rules to enable the Rorters signing of SBW last year. He also bent the rules so that Suaali could play early this season.

He has rubber-stamped every Roosters request thus far. He doesn't want to talk about the great divide in the game, claims all teams are spending the same amount of money in their caps and is particularly fond of cliches.

Oh yeah, he's a betting man too.
I agree . He helped make the strong teams stronger and let the weaker teams sweep up the crumbs left behind. Now thats what I call an even playing field... NOT

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4