Blow out scores

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There has always been blow out score and will always be blow out scores when you have great sides playing against not so great sides in any era

The great Manly teams used to thrash the Newtowns and the other not so great teams by big scores

We can still see tough defense and brilliant attack in the new game as we saw when the panthers recently played the storm . It was a cracking game .

Point being, the gulf between the top 4 and bottom 4 has never been greater.

Go through the last 10 years of NRL for example. There are always **** sides, every year, the other lowly sides win 7, 8 games or so, and miss the 8 by 5 wins (10 points) or so.

Can you see the Dogs winning 8 games?
Cows?
Broncos?
Us?

Time will tell I suppose

People need to accept change, it’s happened now they won’t change it back.

Coaches need to adapt, what the rule changes has shown is the better coaches taking advantage. Panthers aren’t the traditional powerhouse team but they are killing it with the rule changes.

Point being, the gulf between the top 4 and bottom 4 has never been greater.

Go through the last 10 years of NRL for example. There are always **** sides, every year, the other lowly sides win 7, 8 games or so, and miss the 8 by 5 wins (10 points) or so.

Can you see the Dogs winning 8 games?
Cows?
Broncos?
Us?

Time will tell I suppose
I see your point

But the game has now evolved it is what it is
and it will be the survival of the fittest and smartest

Titans vs raiders good game so much more enjoyable than the rest of the blowout scores this weekend

Last edited:
Best game of footy I can remember was a 4-0 loss v Roosters in a finals game in 2013, from memory.

I was reading the thread and this game came to mind straight away also. It's the close games that i enjoy the most.

But on the flip side look at the game last week between Storm v Panthers, literally came down to the last second. Some teams have adjusted and have the players to exploit them. We are in the group of the teams that haven't and that is down to the coaching and recruitment that haven't adjusted.

We might get there eventually but probably not until the lower grade players come through. Our current backline have zero punch or speed to trouble the better teams.

These new rules are NOT working. We have seen so many blow out scores so far this season and every game this week has been a complete blow out and boring to watch. Give me a 12- 10 nail biter scoreline any day. Its not fun for fans. Even games where I support no one I find myself turning off once the score blows out. Its boring and it's extremely bad for the game! Surely the TV ratings must be down???
Have to agree with you here... it’s ruining the competition. I remember a few years ago where all 8 games in a weekend could go either way.
Can’t be good for ratings moving forward. If more teams were competitive then more supporters would want to watch their teams.

It’s getting pretty tedious isn’t it , just no competition really!!
The other night Gus was saying there's just an increasing divide between the top and bottom teams. It's not the new rules or anything........
What a load of ****.
Of course it is.
Two years ago this wasn't happening.
Starting to understand dear old Tommy who passed away July 30, 2020. He often said, in his later years, it's not the game it used to be. It's not rugby league anymore.
But go Manly in his honour.
My Dad.
Bless him.
Glad he's not witnessing this shyte.

Finding myself all but completely uninterested in watching or keeping up with the game this season. So many teams just haven’t adapted. If a diehard like myself can be losing interest after 35 years of being humoured by the product dished up on the idiot box then something is up!

Will always make time to watch the eagles play each weekend however it’s at the point where I’m not all that invested in it. Maybe I’m getting old, maybe we had it too good for too long in the golden years. One thing is for sure.... I miss watching us At least have a crack.

No heroes left in the game.
Sad state of affairs.

I love it

Why ?

Because the mediocre unfit snails will become obsolete

Only the best athletes will survive
So it will be Penrith, storm, roosters and bunnies then. Yay can’t wait to watch this sheite.

So it will be Penrith, storm, roosters and bunnies then. Yay can’t wait to watch this sheite.
Raiders and the Eels as well and Possibly the Titans

It is sheite as you say

But it has always has been the survival of the fittest and smartest

There has always been blow out score and will always be blow out scores when you have great sides playing against not so great sides in any era

The great Manly teams used to thrash the Newtowns and the other not so great teams by big scores

We can still see tough defense and brilliant attack in the new game as we saw when the panthers recently played the storm . It was a cracking game .
Raiders kept a pretty good Titans to 4pts tonight. D was great. Problem is it’s the exception rather than the rule. It’s not balanced at all. It’s just a points a thon now. Very NFL like. Points, points, points..... Defense, what’s that? That’s boring, doesn’t sell! Hence why it puts a lot of the purists off atm. Sadly the purists don’t bring the $$ in.

Raiders and the Eels as well and Possibly the Titans

It is sheite as you say

But it has always has been the survival of the fittest and smartest
I don’t disagree Bozo. If we were 4-0 nobody here would be saying a word. Myself included. In saying that, I think they have gone too far with the rules and need to taper it back a bit. It’s not touch football and that’s what it’s starting to look like.

I don’t disagree Bozo. If we were 4-0 nobody here would be saying a word. Myself included. In saying that, I think they have gone too far with the rules and need to taper it back a bit. It’s not touch football and that’s what it’s starting to look like.
I do no see it as touch footy

I see it as the ill disciplined (6 again) , unfit , slow , teams getting what they deserve

That's all well and good V'Landys.

Bit we have completely changed the fabric of the game overnight, with zero notice.

Clubs have planned rosters and contracts to individuals that are now not suited to the touch footy.

Lol:
"It’s up to the clubs to look at their rosters and their systems. Why can Melbourne be so successful?"

Oh it's called cheating and illegal defence / tackles / wrestle

Last edited:
These new rules are NOT working. We have seen so many blow out scores so far this season and every game this week has been a complete blow out and boring to watch. Give me a 12- 10 nail biter scoreline any day. Its not fun for fans. Even games where I support no one I find myself turning off once the score blows out. Its boring and it's extremely bad for the game! Surely the TV ratings must be down???
As I said it is now glorified touch footy

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8