Blonks of 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Newcastle Knights set to offer Mitchell Pearce 12-month contract extension​

Mitchell Pearce will be offered a 12-month contract extension to stay at the Newcastle

Pearce’s string of setbacks hasn’t stopped the Knights from wanting to keep the former NSW Origin half at the club.
“He’s our halfback, he’s a leader, he’s a good person and all things going ahead he’ll be here beyond this year.” LOL
The Knights also want Pearce to play a key role in the mentorship and guidance of half Jake Clifford, who will shift from North Queensland to join Newcastle next year. (are they mad?)
“He (Clifford) could learn off Mitchell and grow as a player himself.”.....ok
Pearce also addressed the media over his demotion from the club’s leadership group and the relationship with his teammates after the ugly texting scandal led to reports of a division within the squad.
“I’m still going to be doing my best and leading as well as I can,’’ Pearce said.
I’ve come out of this more motivated than I’ve ever been.....blah,blah,blah
“It’s a private matter so we’re (Pearce and his partner) working on it privately.

“Things are going well."

1611886891735.png

Brisbane Broncos: Kotoni Staggs issued NRL breach notice​

Brisbane Broncos star Kotoni Staggs has been investigated by the NRL after he was involved in an altercation that left a fan with head injuries.
The NRL Integrity Unit has issued Brisbane Broncos star Kotoni Staggs with a preliminary breach notice after he used a homophobic slur to insult a fan who asked for a photo.
Details of the 22-year-old Dally M Centre of the Year’s conduct emerged in court documents prepared by Dubbo police investigating an incident at the city’s Commercial Hotel on November 6.

According to court documents, Staggs knocked back a man’s request for a photo about 11pm and said “nah, you walk like a f*****”.

The man told Staggs to “f*** off” and a short time later Staggs confronted the man and ask if he called him a “black c***”.

Police said after Staggs and the man spoke, two of Staggs’s mates stepped in front of him and started to punch the man.

Brogan Black, 22, and Brad McCarroll, 21, punched the man in the head multiple times in the middle of the pub.

Staggs has not been accused of any wrongdoing in relation to the assault.

Wests Tigers Zane Musgrove and Asu Kepaoa in hot water over pub drama​

Two Wests Tigers players have been arrested following an incident outside an Eastern Suburbs hot spot.
Travis Meyn
https://twitter.com/travismeyn
January 31, 2021 - 3:49PMNews Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
Wests Tigers bad boy Zane Musgrove is in hot water again after being locked up by police following an incident outside a Sydney pub on Sunday morning.
Musgrove and Tigers teammate Asu Kepaoa were detained and taken to Maroubra Police Station about 3am after allegedly abusing police and refusing to move on from outside the Coogee Bay Hotel.

It was the same venue where in 2018 Musgrove and former Penrith reserve grader Liam Coleman were involved in an incident which saw them charged with the indecent assault of a woman.
Musgrove and Coleman were initially found guilty of the charges in October 2019 before being acquitted on appeal in April last year.

Musgrove, 24, missed the entire 2019 NRL season due to the matter before joining the Tigers last year and playing six games in an injury-affected year.

In December last year, Musgrove signed a lucrative contract extension with the Tigers to remain at the club until at least the end of 2024.

Kepaoa, 20, was issued an infringement notice for remaining in the vicinity of a licensed premises he had been kicked out of.
Tigers coach Michael Maguire has shown tremendous faith in Musgrove, who debuted under him at South Sydney in 2016.

In 2018, Musgrove was charged with a number of domestic violence and property damage related charges which were mostly later withdrawn.

Maguire said in December that Musgrove had turned his career around.

Brisbane Broncos: Kotoni Staggs issued NRL breach notice​

Brisbane Broncos star Kotoni Staggs has been investigated by the NRL after he was involved in an altercation that left a fan with head injuries.
The NRL Integrity Unit has issued Brisbane Broncos star Kotoni Staggs with a preliminary breach notice after he used a homophobic slur to insult a fan who asked for a photo.
Details of the 22-year-old Dally M Centre of the Year’s conduct emerged in court documents prepared by Dubbo police investigating an incident at the city’s Commercial Hotel on November 6.

According to court documents, Staggs knocked back a man’s request for a photo about 11pm and said “nah, you walk like a f*****”.

The man told Staggs to “f*** off” and a short time later Staggs confronted the man and ask if he called him a “black c***”.

Police said after Staggs and the man spoke, two of Staggs’s mates stepped in front of him and started to punch the man.

Brogan Black, 22, and Brad McCarroll, 21, punched the man in the head multiple times in the middle of the pub.

Staggs has not been accused of any wrongdoing in relation to the assa

Great look for the game after a fan asked for a photo. If that what's happened of course....

.....Meanwhile Matt Lodge has made a citizens arrest......

Brisbane Broncos players perform citizen’s arrest on the Sunshine Coast​

A group of Brisbane Broncos players were reportedly embroiled in a dramatic citizen’s arrest following an alleged domestic voilence incident.
Brisbane Broncos players Matt Lodge, Ben Te’o and Jordan Riki were reportedly embroiled in a dramatic citizen’s arrest on the Sunshine Coast on Wednesday evening.

The Courier-Mail’s Travis Meyn revealed the trio aided a woman in a suspected domestic violence case following a team dinner in Mooloolaba.
According to the report, while making their way towards the Twin Waters Resort, Lodge and Te’o came upon a distressed woman arguing with a man on the street.
A Broncos player told The Courier-Mail the woman said “he is going to kill me”, urging the group to call the police.

...."This is the night you die" said Lodge....oops sorry, that was a completely unrelated incident and nothing to do with this story. Not sure how that slipped in there.......

The duo protected the woman and drove her home before Broncos young gun Jordan Riki allegedly tackled the man and detained him until police arrived.
Broncos chief executive Paul White — who is a former police officer — applauded the players for their response to the incident.

“They acted instinctively, they didn’t have an opportunity to contemplate,” White said.

There's only one man who can solve this case. Time to call in the Haas...

NRL 2021: Brisbane Broncos order Payne Haas to work with police​

Payne Haas will be ordered to complete a police education course as part of his punishment for allegedly abusing authorities.
While he is facing a possible suspension from the NRL, Haas will also be ordered to become “Policeman Payne” as part of his sanctions.

The Sunday Mail can reveal Brisbane bosses will order Haas to work with police in an attempt to improve his respect for authorities.

There's only one man who can solve this case. Time to call in the Haas...

NRL 2021: Brisbane Broncos order Payne Haas to work with police​

Payne Haas will be ordered to complete a police education course as part of his punishment for allegedly abusing authorities.
While he is facing a possible suspension from the NRL, Haas will also be ordered to become “Policeman Payne” as part of his sanctions.

The Sunday Mail can reveal Brisbane bosses will order Haas to work with police in an attempt to improve his respect for authorities.

First lesson: How to receive payments under the table.

Sponsored by the roosters and thoroughbreds.

The details of the spray Broncos prop Payne Haas directed at NSW Police can be revealed after the forward was handed a two-year good behaviour bond for intimidating officers.

Crucially, no conviction was recorded by the court after Haas was arrested on 16 January for abusing and intimidating police at Tweed Heads while with his pregnant partner Leilani Mohenoa.

A second count of intimidating police was withdrawn by NSW Police on Thursday and Haas pleaded guilty to the single charge.

When asked for ID by officers while at Tweed Heads, Haas replied “F**k the ID, I don’t need to give you ID. You got a badge on you and you think you’re a f**king tough c**t. You put my family in jail you c**ts.

He told one of the officers: “Don’t come near me bro, I’ll f **king jab ya, on my mother’s life I will.

“Get the f**k out of here bro, get the f**k out of my face or I’ll take all of you on myself you f**kwits.”

Haas looked at the female officer and said: “Why you looking at me like that? Cause you’re a woman? Cause you’re a woman and you think that I won’t touch ya?”

In his client’s defence, Dave Garratt argued the NRL star should not receive a conviction owing to the punishments which would be handed down by the NRL.

(Quick, every douche bag go play footy because the actual law should make way for "sanctions" by the nrl - and we know how tough they are.)

Didn't his manager come out after the incident & say Haas was nowhere near the incident in question & was only named because he was in the vicinity, quietly eating dinner with his wife?

He's just a big teddy bear apparently...

"Haas’s lawyer, Campbell MacCallum, said reports of a domestic situation were “completely false”.
“Payne was enjoying a night out with his wife having dinner and a few drinks,” Mr MacCallum told The Courier-Mail.
“Police were in the area and attending to a wild incident (brawl) about 20m away which had nothing to do with Payne.
“His partner describes Payne as a gentle giant at all times at home and the reports of a domestic situation included in the situation are completely false.”
Yep here it is from earlier in this very same thread.

Yep here it is from earlier in this very same thread.
He's got himself a new lawyer and a different story.....

The NRL’s chief gender adviser has weighed into the debate after Brisbane Broncos Test prop Payne Haas escaped conviction following his drunken outburst to police.

Paul Crawley and Greg Stolz

The NRL’s chief gender advisor has called for cultural understanding and not a suspension for young Brisbane Broncos Test prop Payne Haas who showed genuine remorse after an expletive-riddled showdown with police in January.
"While it is clear I am not suggesting that the majority of police are racist, it is true that people from some cultural backgrounds have sometimes had a history of distrust of the police which involves members of their family and their community and it can influence the way that they respond to police authority."
The NRL is not expected to decide if Haas will face a further sanction until next week but Ms Lumby does not believe a match suspension is warranted.
Lawyer Dave Garratt said Haas was “completely shattered, extremely embarrassed and extremely remorseful” and appealed to the magistrate not to impose a conviction.

Mr Garrett also revealed Haas had a “quite traumatic upbringing”, having been exposed to domestic violence and drug and alcohol abuse, and both his parents had spent time in jail.

“Rugby league has been his saviour,” Mr Garratt told the court.

Here's some music to accompany the article....

Last edited:
He's got himself a new lawyer and a different story.....

The NRL’s chief gender adviser has weighed into the debate after Brisbane Broncos Test prop Payne Haas escaped conviction following his drunken outburst to police.

Paul Crawley and Greg Stolz

The NRL’s chief gender advisor has called for cultural understanding and not a suspension for young Brisbane Broncos Test prop Payne Haas who showed genuine remorse after an expletive-riddled showdown with police in January.
"While it is clear I am not suggesting that the majority of police are racist, it is true that people from some cultural backgrounds have sometimes had a history of distrust of the police which involves members of their family and their community and it can influence the way that they respond to police authority."
The NRL is not expected to decide if Haas will face a further sanction until next week but Ms Lumby does not believe a match suspension is warranted.
Lawyer Dave Garratt said Haas was “completely shattered, extremely embarrassed and extremely remorseful” and appealed to the magistrate not to impose a conviction.

Mr Garrett also revealed Haas had a “quite traumatic upbringing”, having been exposed to domestic violence and drug and alcohol abuse, and both his parents had spent time in jail.

“Rugby league has been his saviour,” Mr Garratt told the court.

Here's some music to accompany the article....

The NRl's chief gender advisor ? .. is that a real thing? ..

Anyway, she says she doesn't want to play the race card ... but then immediately plays the race card by saying she reckons he shouldn't be suspended for abusing and threatening police officers, including threatening a female officer ... because .. wait for it .. people of his race sometimes have a different trust level with police ...

I think she is confused .. and part of the problem ..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6