Blind Freddy to coach blues?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
first, NSW need a coach where players wouldn't think for a second to go out on the drink/be somewhere they shouldn't/do something they shouldn't. NSW coaches of late haven't had that aura, and instead have caved for players or trying to be a nice guy/one of the guys.

Long overdue to get f'n serious. Gus, Des or perhaps bellyache now he apparently 'get's origin, whatever that means. The rest will pander to the players, especially ex-players like Laurie/Fittler who want to re-live glories and be one of the team.

Time to pick best players in their positions, not the best players and find positions. 3 or 4 fullbacks in a team is not the way to go.

If Fittler dropped the silly act and actually got serious I think he could make a very good NSW coach, especially if he has Gould guiding him.

When it comes down to it, not many people know the game like Freddie does. He was one of the best players not only of his era but of all time. Sure he failed as the Chooks coach a decade ago, but to be fair the Chooks team really did suck back then. They were on a down period after their successes of the early 2000's and Fittler was a victim of that basically being in the wrong place at the wrong time. But with the talent he'll have available as NSW Origin coach, and with Gould there to show him the way (lets remember that love or hate him, Gould was one of the best coaches the game has ever seen), he can be successful and lead the Blues into a fightback.

And as much as I don't like Johns.....there aren't many around who know the game like he does.

first, NSW need a coach where players wouldn't think for a second to go out on the drink/be somewhere they shouldn't/do something they shouldn't. NSW coaches of late haven't had that aura, and instead have caved for players or trying to be a nice guy/one of the guys.

Long overdue to get f'n serious. Gus, Des or perhaps bellyache now he apparently 'get's origin, whatever that means. The rest will pander to the players, especially ex-players like Laurie/Fittler who want to re-live glories and be one of the team.

Time to pick best players in their positions, not the best players and find positions. 3 or 4 fullbacks in a team is not the way to go.

I don't get the love for Gus..............if people say Hasler is behind the times....................then Gus for sure is a bloke who the modern game has really passed by and his expiration date is long past.
Some of the sh*t he comes up with in commentary!

I think NSW's problem is simple ..............they got to stop picking "love themselves too much" stars and pick blokes who want to play......................

Gotta love your optimism SER8. You do realise it has been around 3 cycles of being pounded?
Haha well it's not even necessarily optimism as frankly I don't care much who wins Origin. Queensland have fought the law of averages for so long but eventually the law catches up with you ;)

Haha well it's not even necessarily optimism as frankly I don't care much who wins Origin. Queensland have fought the law of averages for so long but eventually the law catches up with you ;)

Only if the law of averages applies, which in this case, it doesn't

If the law of averages applied.....Mitchell Pearce should have won at least one Origin series by now lol. Thankfully he hasn't (and I don't say that as a Qld fan, I say that because if he did win one the Sydney media would NEVER let anyone forget it. Just look at how they were after Game 1 this year claiming the series was his redemption and even going as far as saying he should be the Kangaroos next halfback).

Sometimes I think that the law of averages is a term people on the losing side sprout off when they are more in desperate hope than actual confidence.

Last edited:
If the law of averages applied.....Mitchell Pearce should have won at least one Origin series by now lol. Thankfully he hasn't (and I don't say that as a Qld fan, I say that because if he did win one the Sydney media would NEVER let anyone forget it. Just look at how they were after Game 1 this year claiming the series was his redemption and even going as far as saying he should be the Kangaroos next halfback).

Sometimes I think that the law of averages is a term people on the losing side sprout off when they are more in desperate hope than actual confidence.
the fact Pearce is a premiership winning half diminishes the achievement for all before and after him.. The boob is the most over rated player along with moses and Norman

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8