Blake Green Signs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On the plus side he is playing finals footy and will have a thirst for it next year. Also, Orford was late in his career and also came through the Melbourne system.
So that means next year we win the grand final 40-0
NYEagle

I know some seem not to rate Green, looking at the situation at the Storm as 'anyone would look good next to Cronk and Smith', but I see the fact that he has been playing with those two for the last few seasons as a huge positive.

We have a 5/8th coming in to our team who has been in the pockets of the Australian and QLD half and hooker for the past two years and I have no doubt that he has learnt a huge amount that can be directly transferable to his position in our team next year.

I know some seem not to rate Green, looking at the situation at the Storm as 'anyone would look good next to Cronk and Smith', but I see the fact that he has been playing with those two for the last few seasons as a huge positive.

We have a 5/8th coming in to our team who has been in the pockets of the Australian and QLD half and hooker for the past two years and I have no doubt that he has learnt a huge amount that can be directly transferable to his position in our team next year.
It hasn't really worked out for Widdop

It hasn't really worked out for Widdop
Stop comparing him to Widdop! Widdop had his whole career basically with Bellamy and was horrible before Bellamy got him. Green on the other hand was a star in England and won a premiership and a Clive Churchill equivalent in that game.

The Widdop comparisons do raise one dark spectre though... The fact that Bellamy has a loooong history of raising decent layers to a new level, who then get snapped up at an inflated price...and drop back to their previous form once they're out of the Storm system. Widdop is a fair example of that. That big prop who went to the Knights a few years ago was another - went from Origin star to dead wood almost overnight, on huge money. Touch wood that Green has enough runs on the board in the UK and beforehand, so he can rely on broader experience. My gut feeling agrees he will be a good foil for DCE, so here's hoping!

The Widdop comparisons do raise one dark spectre though... The fact that Bellamy has a loooong history of raising decent layers to a new level, who then get snapped up at an inflated price...and drop back to their previous form once they're out of the Storm system. Widdop is a fair example of that. That big prop who went to the Knights a few years ago was another - went from Origin star to dead wood almost overnight, on huge money. Touch wood that Green has enough runs on the board in the UK and beforehand, so he can rely on broader experience. My gut feeling agrees he will be a good foil for DCE, so here's hoping!

and don't forget GI who only played for his country, state and won a premiership after leaving

The thing is he doesn't need to be a star. His job will be to act as a foil and let DCE do his job of being a star. That's the same thing he is doing at Melbourne. Letting Cronk and Smith do their job and taking the pressure of them when needed.
True that. Whereas I guess Widdop had the weight of massive expectation on him really, didn't he.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4