Blake Green 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When we sign green the player who will benefit the most will be DCE all the pressure off his shoulders playing like he did against the cows week in week out if the forwards can do their jobs and green DCE will win the dally m or get very close. Could be the buy of 2017
I dunno mate. Average players tend to thrive at the Storm but struggle after moving elsewhere. He looks good there but not sure how he'd fare here without the luxury of those structures around him.

Last edited:
You could throw any 5/8 in that almost perfectly structured Storm side, playing behind an awesome pack with Smith on the steering wheel....hope I am missing something with this bloke, but not an exciting signing...more a sign of desperation and lack of options.

For everyone bagging green, who do u guys suggest as a short term 5/8? Api is a hooker, walker is a centre and Lyon is retiring. He can't be crapper then C Bailey

You could throw any 5/8 in that almost perfectly structured Storm side, playing behind an awesome pack with Smith on the steering wheel....hope I am missing something with this bloke, but not an exciting signing...more a sign of desperation and lack of options.
Yeah. The Storm are always great at getting the most out of the players because of the quality around them. We could do a lot worse than him if he was signed up by us but a young half that controls the game is what we need at the moment. Hynes might not be amazing but he is a steady half who we already have in our ranks (and doesn't cost much). He could fill that role for us fine IMO.

Sounds like B Green has been around for years and even though I have watched quite a lot of matches over the last 8 or 9 years I have never even noticed him! However - I made a point of watching what he did during last night's game and I was impressed with his touches, vision and game awareness, kicking, and defence.
It's true he can take a back seat role at Storm, but he could be a sound signing for us.
Wonder if he can kick goals?

Sounds like B Green has been around for years and even though I have watched quite a lot of matches over the last 8 or 9 years I have never even noticed him! However - I made a point of watching what he did during last night's game and I was impressed with his touches, vision and game awareness, kicking, and defence.
It's true he can take a back seat role at Storm, but he could be a sound signing for us.
Wonder if he can kick goals?

Walker can kick goals

Anyone here not disappointed with our major signings......Myles, Brown, Taupau, Lussick ( last game improved), Koroisau ( ok in patches), Walker.
Parcell is the most promising.
Anyone else........?

Anyone here not disappointed with our major signings......Myles, Brown, Taupau, Lussick ( last game improved), Koroisau ( ok in patches), Walker.
Parcell is the most promising.
Anyone else........?
I think Tapau is going better than many people are saying. He always gets good metres and is strong defensively. He isn't going to make 3 line breaks a game just because he is a unit.

He needs better ball, which will come if/when we have some better structures and execution in attack.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
Was anyone else underwhelmed with Blake green's performance against us on Saturday afternoon?

Surely if you are coming up against your 'new team' (or potential new team) you would want to put in a massive shift, and really make a point?

80 minutes
8 runs
84 metres
17 Tackles
1 missed tackle
24 'fantasy point' (whatever the hell that means)

Don't get me wrong - his team got the 2 points...... so he gets a tick in the ledger for that.

but I wasn't filled with hope that his kicking game or running/passing game were going to make us any better than we have been this year

Was anyone else underwhelmed with Blake green's performance against us on Saturday afternoon?

Surely if you are coming up against your 'new team' (or potential new team) you would want to put in a massive shift, and really make a point?

80 minutes
8 runs
84 metres
17 Tackles
1 missed tackle

Don't get me wrong - his team got the 2 points...... so he gets a tick in the ledger for that.

but I wasn't filled with hope that his kicking game or running/passing game were going to make us any better than we have been this year
Yeah true but, the Storm were constantly targeting tom and taufua so he barely saw much ball.

It was certainly a Cooper Cronk masterclass in regards to fifth tackle options and general play was again directed by him and Smith, so I wouldn't take a huge amount out of his performance against us.

In my opinion he's a stop gap with Manly's eyes on Tom Wright to come through in the next year or so. T.Wright could well be on the wing in firsts next year to acclimatise him, but his position is 5/8 and I suspect if all goes to plan he will be in that position in firsts no later than early to mid 2018

Green has been playing well. He has been taking some pressure of Cronk and has been getting a few repeat sets. Good pick up by manly

80 minutes
8 runs
84 metres
17 Tackles
1 missed tackle

So your judging him on one game? He prob has been their most consistent performer all year.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8