Blake Ferguson.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
PHIL ROTHFIELD Sports Editor-at-large •
The Daily Telegraph •
November 24, 2013 12:00AM

Anthony Mundine has revealed at least three NRL clubs are chasing his 'brother' Blake Ferguson for next season.

Denying he has already signed with the South Sydney Rabbitohs, Mundine says the Sharks and Warriors are also interested.

" (Shane) Flanagan has been texting him and I've spoken to Madge (McGuire) a couple of times," Mundine said.

"The Warriors are interested too. There is plenty demand there but our focus is the fight right now.

"After that we'll move forward and get Blake sorted. The kid is an exceptional talent.

"He can be the best centre in the world. He's got all the skills and so much mongrel."

The hottest rumour in rugby league on Friday was that Ferguson was a done deal at Souths.

Mundine insists it's not right.

"Because of my association with Rusty and other at Souths, people think he's going there," he said.

"I want the best for Blake, not me.

"Not just for his footy but to put him into the right environment that's going to be healthy for him."

Ferguson still needs to convince the NRL integrity unit that he can have his contract registered for 2014.

The NRL will monitor his upcoming court case on an indecent assault charge, which he denies, before making a decision.

His registration was cancelled at the end of last season when he was sacked by the Canberra Raiders.

Ferguson, who will fight on the Mundine-Mosley undercard on Wednesday night, is the fittest he's even been.

He has converted to Islam, is off the drink and is training seven days a week.

Mundine has taken over Ferguson's affairs after he recently split with player manager Sam Ayoub.

Gee, I'd love to see him get KO'd in his inaugural boxing match :D

Fergie comes over as the dumbest thing on two legs, or maybe it's the mentor that he has pulling his puppet strings :cool:

Then again, The Man walking out in his Grand Pa's grundies, was equally as ridiculous :p
http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2013/11/27/1226769/293261-anthony-mundine.jpg

Mundane must be looking forward to his future career prospects as a player manager after he gets towelled up tonight by Moseley.

Mundine must know just how promising Blake's boxing career is with all this talk of a return to RL being imminent.

I have put Main Event on tonight for the first time....Just to see Mundane belted.

Each way on Ferguson, but a good belting might be the best thing for him...Didn't hurt us growing up!!!!

7 news

Surprise, surprise! (not)

Anthony Mundine secured a bizarre TKO victory over Shane Mosley after the boxing legend retired mid-fight due to back spasms.

Mundine was well on top of Mosley before the American pulled out after the sixth round at the Sydney Super Dome on Wednesday night.

Mosley was checked out by doctors after being beaten through the first half of the fight.

His camp decided to stop the fight and the future hall-of-famer said afterwards he could not move.

"What's done is done," he said when asked whether he would fight again if he could have his time over.

Mundine has always had great respect for Mosley and was suitably subdued after the win.

"My heart goes out to Shane, I know he's a winner. He's not one to pull out for nothing. He's one of the greatest fighters to have ever lived," Mundine said.

But he was also well aware of his own dominance of the fight up to that point, saying: "I was in killer mode."

The victory secured Mundine the vacant WBA international light-middleweight title.

Mosley said it was not a condition he carried into the fight and had picked it up "in the heat of battle".

Ferguson loses debut

There was one fight for which plenty were looking out on the undercard to the main event; the boxing debut of former NRL player Blake Ferguson.

The former State of Origin winger was soundly accounted for by Luke Turner.

Turner dominated the vast majority of the fight. He came out very strong in the first round but a late flurry from Ferguson had him clutching at the ropes.

Ferguson even landed a couple after the bell to which Turner took offence, clocking Mundine's cousin over the ear as he walked to his corner.

Ferguson understandably looked the more powerful of the two heavyweights but the 22-year-old Goulburn excavator was clearly the better fighter through the four two-minute rounds.

He won on a unanimous points decision - scored 39-37 on the cards of all three judges.

Farcical opening to the night

The undercard was largely a mess but things were ugly even before the first bell rang.

The night started late because the person entrusted with bringing the gloves to the venue was late.

Then the super-middleweight bout between the Bilal Akkaway and the Jacques Henrisson was cancelled after the New South Wales Combat Authority learned of the mismatch it promised to be.

Henrisson has gone winless through 14 fights while Akkaway sports a record of seven wins from seven, six of which came from knockouts.

Once the first punch was finally thrown, one could not help but wonder how the Combat Authority had picked only one fight to cancel.

First up, middleweight Ahmed Dib, Now 10-0 for his career, made light work of Mike Wanprasert (8-24-1), 11 years his senior, securing a TKO with a solid right in the third round.

Next, the 8-0 Sam ah See comfortably outboxed the 1-15 Daniel Roy Maxwell.

Ah See dominated Maxwell, a 36-year-old self-trained Kiwi light middleweight, from go to woe, winning a unanimous decision.

The 43-year-old Mosese Sorovi was beaten up for two-and-a-half rounds by David Aloua, 22, before Aloua scored a TKO in the third.

The eight-round super-middleweight fight between Renold Quinlan and Joseph Kwadjo finally gave the crowd a more competitive bout.

Quinlan eventually got the win in a unanimous decision after eight rounds.

mozgrame said:
Ferguson loses debut

There was one fight for which plenty were looking out on the undercard to the main event; the boxing debut of former NRL player Blake Ferguson.

The former State of Origin winger was soundly accounted for by Luke Turner.

Turner dominated the vast majority of the fight. He came out very strong in the first round but a late flurry from Ferguson had him clutching at the ropes.

Ferguson even landed a couple after the bell to which Turner took offence, clocking Mundine's cousin over the ear as he walked to his corner.

Ferguson understandably looked the more powerful of the two heavyweights but the 22-year-old Goulburn excavator was clearly the better fighter through the four two-minute rounds.

He won on a unanimous points decision - scored 39-37 on the cards of all three judges.

Farcical opening to the night

The undercard was largely a mess but things were ugly even before the first bell rang.

The night started late because the person entrusted with bringing the gloves to the venue was late.

Then the super-middleweight bout between the Bilal Akkaway and the Jacques Henrisson was cancelled after the New South Wales Combat Authority learned of the mismatch it promised to be.

Henrisson has gone winless through 14 fights while Akkaway sports a record of seven wins from seven, six of which came from knockouts.

Once the first punch was finally thrown, one could not help but wonder how the Combat Authority had picked only one fight to cancel.

First up, middleweight Ahmed Dib, Now 10-0 for his career, made light work of Mike Wanprasert (8-24-1), 11 years his senior, securing a TKO with a solid right in the third round.

Next, the 8-0 Sam ah See comfortably outboxed the 1-15 Daniel Roy Maxwell.

Ah See dominated Maxwell, a 36-year-old self-trained Kiwi light middleweight, from go to woe, winning a unanimous decision.

The 43-year-old Mosese Sorovi was beaten up for two-and-a-half rounds by David Aloua, 22, before Aloua scored a TKO in the third.

The eight-round super-middleweight fight between Renold Quinlan and Joseph Kwadjo finally gave the crowd a more competitive bout.

Quinlan eventually got the win in a unanimous decision after eight rounds.
seems like mundine didn't look after ferguson the same way he looked after some of the other fighters.

I'm surprised Fergo didn't fight a drunk that Mundine picked out of a gutter outside a pub. The said drunk of course would exclaim before the bout that he intended to wrap Fergo in a "cocoon of horror" ;)

I heard Mundane won on the way to work this morning. Surprising, but seems like it may have been a bit "controversial". Was Moseley even trying ? Did the fight look legit ? Well done to him if he did win fair and square.

I don't know where that leaves him now, he'll continue the charade of intending to take on the best in the world no doubt, but will it ever happen ? He laughed at Danny Green for knocking out Roy Jones Jnr, is he any better for taking down a well past it Sugar ?

Chip and Chase said:
I heard Mundane won on the way to work this morning. Surprising, but seems like it may have been a bit "controversial". Was Moseley even trying ? Did the fight look legit ? Well done to him if he did win fair and square.

I don't know where that leaves him now, he'll continue the charade of intending to take on the best in the world no doubt, but will it ever happen ? He laughed at Danny Green for knocking out Roy Jones Jnr, is he any better for taking down a well past it Sugar ?

No way was Moseley interested in this fight. It was just a pay day for him. The first time they were to fight, Moseley went back to the US saying there was not enough money or interest from fans to make it worth while. Mundine and his manager had to put the money up for him to return.

Mundine claims he wants a shot at Floyd Mayweather. WTF??? Mayweather would completely destroy Mundine. However...it would be an enormous pay packet for Mundine to retire on. Then he could concentrate on being a football manager. lol

Luke Turner 22, can fight. Can he play footy?Looks like a younger version of Gallen.

I still believe that if they had put Mundine and Mosley in the ring when both were at their peak that it would have been worse than the Mike Tyson vs Frank Bruno fights. Mosley would have walked all over "The Man".

As it was a slightly over the hill Mundine stopped a way over the hill Mosley when Sugar Shane retired with back spasms.

IF it ever goes ahead, Floyd Mayweather would be in for an easy time. Its no contest.

I thought Mosley was trying and he certainly looked fit. Maybe he had underestimated Mundine. Can't expect to be at your peak at 42 and he wasn't.

Possibly telling that, after a luke-warm reception, the crowd started to get right behind Mundine as he went on the attack. It seemed legit. But the ending was a big fizzer though. Mosley certainly realised he was losing the fight, and it wasn't likely to end well, but let's face it, at that age injuries can happen… so unfortunately the most interesting part of the fight didn't happen.

The good news is Mundine lost half a million promoting another farce of a fight. Hope he gets to fight someone good someday so he cops a belting and goes into retirement.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2