Blacktown Workers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The experiment of the reserve grade team itself hasn't been good. The recruiting of Koula, Ola the Fainus's and Schu from the area counters how crap the team has been.

Blacktown is part of the Panthers junior district, all could have ended up being Panthers without the affiliation.
Koula isn't from Blacktown.. but agree with the rest.

The experiment of the reserve grade team itself hasn't been good. The recruiting of Koula, Ola the Fainus's and Schu from the area counters how crap the team has been.

Blacktown is part of the Panthers junior district, all could have ended up being Panthers without the affiliation.
None of those kids had any connection with Blacktown Workers.

After playing a fair chunk of the game? What happened here???
Screenshot_20220806-200015_Samsung Internet.jpg

A lot of people are putting hope in players from our Blacktown team progressing to the top 30 squad. With the exodus of players this year from The Sea Eagles, many previous Blacktown players have now been named to fill the plugs (and with Taupau, Walker, Davey, Foran & many others leaving), more will be sure to follow with our sub par recruitment.

Since Blacktown have joined us (this is the 6th year), they've had 28 wins in 108 games (0.259 win percentage).

I have done research, and am unable to find a team that has worse results - EVER.

If this is Warwick, Fulton, Cleals strategy - we are well and truly ****ed, and I guess we'll continue to see Des playing 85% of our team out of position.

A lot of people are putting hope in players from our Blacktown team progressing to the top 30 squad. With the exodus of players this year from The Sea Eagles, many previous Blacktown players have now been named to fill the plugs (and with Taupau, Walker, Davey, Foran & many others leaving), more will be sure to follow with our sub par recruitment.

Since Blacktown have joined us (this is the 6th year), they've had 28 wins in 108 games (0.259 win percentage).

I have done research, and am unable to find a team that has worse results - EVER.

If this is Warwick, Fulton, Cleals strategy - we are well and truly ****ed, and I guess we'll continue to see Des playing 85% of our team out of position.
Whilst not a fan of the Blacktown arrangement,Manly have never really treated reserve grade with any seriousness in the last 30 odd years,to its own detriment IMO.I recall a season around the late 80’s-early 90’s where the reserve grade side didn’t win a match all year.Look at how well Penrith are going,top in first grade and until recently were top in Reggie’s.By solidifying reserve grade,it promotes the “next man up” mentality that a lot of successful clubs have.Penrith lost both halves last week but didn’t miss a beat because they brought up two halves from a successful reserves side.If that was Manly,they’d be looking to replace the halves with makeshift options,players playing out of position,the Funa episode from a couple of years ago for example.I’ve said it many times,but those that don’t make the first grade 17, need to be back at Blacktown that weekend getting game time instead of being saved in case of injury,especially given the previous two seasons have been Covid impacted and young guys like BenT are not getting valuable minutes in their development

What people? Do you have numbers?
Apart from Vaega who was with our Flegg side last year I don't think any holes will be filled by other Blacktown players,unless you have some info that says otherwise.....
Some of the train and trial guys who don't make the squad end up back at Blacktown I guess,Troy Dargan is one who got injured and may be in line for another t&t contract.
As was just mentioned,if we put no one from our NRL squad to play each week with them then what do you seriously expect?
A side with one or two players who have played an NRL game against sides that have 8-10 are always going to be up against it.

With those results they would have to feel guilty about their team name (and it’s not the Blacktown bit).

What people? Do you have numbers?
Apart from Vaega who was with our Flegg side last year I don't think any holes will be filled by other Blacktown players,unless you have some info that says otherwise.....
Some of the train and trial guys who don't make the squad end up back at Blacktown I guess,Troy Dargan is one who got injured and may be in line for another t&t contract.
As was just mentioned,if we put no one from our NRL squad to play each week with them then what do you seriously expect?
A side with one or two players who have played an NRL game against sides that have 8-10 are always going to be up against it.
Press the teams button on the official site for the players in the squad who can get selected. The numbers are there.

It's not really "our" reserve grade.

Its really the Blacktown Workers clubs that we drop players into.

I mean look at last weekend, the team was full of players that will never get near a Manly Jersey really only De Luis Vaega, Roumanos, Sykes and Segeyaro are the Manly relevant players and Id argue Seggy and Roumanos arent really.

We seem to have our guys in Flegg or sitting out mostly.

Now I dont agree with how we utlise the squad and the NSW cup atm but whilst we do run things this way, Workers results are meaningless

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4