Blacktown workers squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
I know many aren't interested in Workers,but for those that are...Will compete in Massey cup but not Shield and extra players will play with other clubs in Shield I believe.
Will also have a stand alone website up soon for the club.
Heavy recruiting and depth in fullback/wing area as well as backrow,lots of young guys this year.
Fullback/Wingers...
Dylan Smith recruited from Tigers top 30 side.Tallish and lean and quick fullback.Lot of talent.
John Fonua recruited from Eels.Fullback and also a centre/winger.
Kane Allen from Bunnies Flegg side in 2019.Tall but very skinny winger and seriously fast.(sort of a taller Jade Anderson I guess)
Blake Clayton a tallish winger.From Dogs in 2019,can play 1 but more a winger.
Bilaal Maarbani a fullback mainly.Can play centre and wing but not a real tall guy,played for us in 20s' a while back.
Tarkyn Lesololo a fullback.Played some wing but probably too short for NRL,played some touch footy in NZ and was with Mustangs colts in Qrl to start last year and 2019?Not scared to run the ball back and pretty tough,might be eligible for Flegg.
Lufusi Vea Tapaaoutai a fullback.Played with Wentworthville as a junior and was trialling to play CC with Tigers this year.
Robert Vai a winger/centre.Interesting guy from Windsor and Mounties,powerful build and a little height,might surprise.
Samaka Isaacs a winger played previously for Workers.
Luke Butfield a winger,played with our 20s' a while back
Ken Koro,a winger who played with side last year.
Centres...
Tim Simona.We all know him.
R.T.Vaega a powerful centre from warriors Flegg side in 2019,reports are that he can whack people really well legally on the field.
Salesi Malu a centre from Bunnies SG ball side in 2019,probably still eligible for Flegg.
Tyrell Neiufi a centre/winger/hooker/lock from Roosters(go figure were he ends up)
Shaun Fitzgerald a fullback/winger/centre who has been with Workers a while.looks a lot like B.Parkers' twin.
Pat Mokia a centre from western sydney,played previously with workers.
Nathan Kegg-King a winger/centre originally from Ourimbah rugby and played with central coast roosters.
Halves/Hookers
Gus Garzaniti a half originally from Tigers.
Alex Seve a half originally from Dogs.
Brad Keighran a half/hooker from Eels,might play a lot of CC this year at 9.
Kelsey Coakes a 5/8 from Penrith area
Joel Saldaneri a hooker/half originally with Dogs I think.
Damon Smith a lock/hooker who played last year with side
Props..
Kurt DeLuis a good prop originally from Eels.Could go further in time.
Lucas castle a tall good young prop from Tigers Flegg side in 2019,might have some good upside to him.
Sam Radovu a versatile guy originally from Dogs,can play edge or prop/lock,might be playing more prop/lock this year seeing as Workers prop depth is a little light,might get a bit of time during year in CC side.
Peni Misinale a workrate type of guy originally from Dogs juniors
Francis Laloua-Tui who has been with workers a few seasons,solid but more a depth guy I guess...
Jordan Leiu originally from Storm and with Tigers last year,promising player.
Phillip Makatoa a prmising player from Warriors
Locks...
Denzal Tonise who is a lock/hooker type,in seriously good shape(best of career)might actually realize potential and could even end up a bit of a Radley/B.Smith type.(able to switch between lock/hooker with ability)
Levi Moger a guy from western sydney and was a junior with us,last with Roosters I think,workrate guy
Kurtis Lamaro a guy from Moorebank Rams(dog feeder area)

Edge backrowers...
Terrell May a seriously good player who was trialling for a top 30 spot with Tigers last year,could really stand up and make our 30 next year with some guys maybe leaving,a lot of skill
Dane Aukafolau an ex-centre,has bulked up from around 99kgs to looks like 109kgs over time,moved into back row last year and might be one of the few who actually move into forwards successfully,could push for a top 30 spot for next year.
Toni Tupouniua a tall rangy guy originally from Warriors Flegg side and was linked to Qrl side last year,could surprise if given a shot.
Robbie Graham a guy originally from Windsor I think.\
Reed Izzard signed on too and can play hooker as well.
Kenny Soumpholphakdy played previously with club.
Lennox Whittaker a junior from bears.
Could be more guys before season starts but these guys look like the squad at this point....Cheers if you read.

Last edited:
To add to this roster, there could be up to a dozen players from the top 30 + development squad playing each week?

Alex Seve... Signed with blacktown. 21 year old. Plays 6, Only a little guy but seems a real goer, has good vision and has a quick elusive running game. Google his highlights and he looks more suited to the #9 jersey. Similar in size and Playing style to ZDC to be honest. One to excite Blacktown fans id imagine

Last edited:
I want to see our reserve grade come back to Manly. As a club we need to have all our players together to ensure that there is a consistent pattern throughout the grades. I know the Blacktown experiment is a cost cutting measure and access to another talent pool. I have not seen many successes coming out of this venture and the players sent there are into an abyss, we see them play a few times a year and I think the club need to review this arrangement and bring all the grades into one club!

I want to see our reserve grade come back to Manly. As a club we need to have all our players together to ensure that there is a consistent pattern throughout the grades. I know the Blacktown experiment is a cost cutting measure and access to another talent pool. I have not seen many successes coming out of this venture and the players sent there are into an abyss, we see them play a few times a year and I think the club need to review this arrangement and bring all the grades into one club!
No success stories from Western Sydney link? Funa,Saab,Suli,Keppie,Olakau'atu,Fainu brothers,many juniors coming through now like Schuster,Weekes and Koula.....

The website is up and running I think (or was). I was able to get in their last week and they had a page for signed players. There were some names there that were then updated on teh Facebook page. It was blacktownworkersseagles.com.au or similar. Cant seem to get into it now.

No success stories from Western Sydney link? Funa,Saab,Suli,Keppie,Olakau'atu,Fainu brothers,many juniors coming through now like Schuster,Weekes and Koula.....
Westfield sports high school and raiding Parramattas junior talent is a major reason for the players you mention coming to manly rather than anything Blacktown has done.

Westfield sports high school and raiding Parramattas junior talent is a major reason for the players you mention coming to manly rather than anything Blacktown has done.
And having a recognizable presence in western Sydney doesn't have any affect?Our coaches at Blacktown have had those links to the area...
Anyway,I do understand people wanting to keep Manly as Manly,but we have small juniors to regularly supply talent and linking with central coast did squat before.Linking with western Sydney guarantees our survival more than any other strategy.

And having a recognizable presence in western Sydney doesn't have any affect?Our coaches at Blacktown have had those links to the area...
Anyway,I do understand people wanting to keep Manly as Manly,but we have small juniors to regularly supply talent and linking with central coast did squat before.Linking with western Sydney guarantees our survival more than any other strategy.
I love the link to BW, it'll take some time for a semi professional club to gel with ours as expected.
Having Hales as an assistant to Des is a great move also, I expect great things of Blacktown in a year or so and I believe there'll be a big improvement for them this season.

It’s a handy link , not traditional but so far quite productive , thanks for all your updates.

I have no issue with our club taking in Western Sydney juniors as a lot of our first team have links to this region.

My argument is that has Blacktown benefitted Manly during the time they have been our feeder club?

I would rather see Manly take charge of all grades so that we have continuity and consistency. Most Blacktown games I see and I do watch the minor grades see that team consistently at the bottom half of the ladder, concede points for fun and the Blacktown culture is different to ours.

Just my two cents worth.

I have no issue with our club taking in Western Sydney juniors as a lot of our first team have links to this region.

My argument is that has Blacktown benefitted Manly during the time they have been our feeder club?

I would rather see Manly take charge of all grades so that we have continuity and consistency. Most Blacktown games I see and I do watch the minor grades see that team consistently at the bottom half of the ladder, concede points for fun and the Blacktown culture is different to ours.

Just my two cents worth.
I take your point and it is good we all view things differently(would be boring otherwise).
Would be great if we were a financial powerhouse like the good old days,but doubt we might see those times again....got to roll with the times and find the best way forward,hopefully this is ours(my opinion)
Hard to be successful in reggies without a lot of luck as constantly changing side each week with injuries,we were not so great before either,we were having to bring up kids each week to cover and still getting beaten.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4