Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles v Souths : 12.45pm (LIVE on FOX)

Anderson will never be NRL standard. I don't want to get in trouble saying this but there is a certain BWSE player I know that told me a while back he doesnt rate him. Doesn't think he is big enough for top grade
Agree that you need to be tall for the modern day fb.

Jade could be a good back though and he may have a growth spurt still :)

Yeah, Funa is a keeper - looks just as good as he did when he was dominating in the Holden Cup. T-Rex also did not look hopeless.
But the big surprise for me was seeing Yileen "Buddy" Gordon for the Bunnies. How ****ing old is he? According to Wikipedia, he's 32, but that can't be right. I'm sure I remember him playing around 30 years ago…

Big effort to wrestle back the momentum. BK2.0 is a real goer. Smallie goes good as well. The two tanks (t-Rex, Perret) were strong.
Finally Steve Hales gets a team that should win more than they lose for the rest of the season. Either way, we’ve got plenty of depth.

Yeah, Funa is a keeper - looks just as good as he did when he was dominating in the Holden Cup. T-Rex also did not look hopeless.
But the big surprise for me was seeing Yileen "Buddy" Gordon for the Bunnies. How ****ing old is he? According to Wikipedia, he's 32, but that can't be right. I'm sure I remember him playing around 30 years ago…
I remember Gordon tearing us a new one in 2005 on debut. Think he ran over Ashley Alberts all night and Souths flogged us.

Anderson will never be NRL standard. I don't want to get in trouble saying this but there is a certain BWSE player I know that told me a while back he doesnt rate him. Doesn't think he is big enough for top grade

I sadly agree ... good little footballer .... but if your small you have to be better than good .... in the limited times I have seen him in reggies at fullback his positional play has been ordinary and his effort lacking ..... I think he may struggle to even make Blacktown next year ...

Only managed to see about 10min either side of half time but thought Funa looked top notch (although needed a bit more awareness of the opposition when he almost scored from the Gruber after the break on left edge), LG looked pretty good (but I really expect that in that grade), TRex solid but not 'Classic Rex' and was impressed by the 20 (Smalley?) Who made a good little bust and pulled off a strip (think it was him anyways)... good looking team that defended well (mostly) but just need to finish a bit cleaner to make the most of their opportunities

Disgraced former Tiger returns to field after more than two years out
Tim Simona was in no mood to talk about his low-key return to rugby league on Saturday, but he found support from a fellow fallen NRL star, Tony Williams.

Simona was a late addition to the Blacktown team that played against South Sydney in the Canterbury Cup. The 27-year-old, impossible to miss in lime green boots, spent most of the game on the wing and came up with a vital one-on-one strip for Souths in an otherwise quiet comeback.

Whether the former Wests Tigers player returns to the NRL remains to be seen, especially given he was given an indefinite ban by the NRL in 2017 for betting on games, including rival teams and players.

The biggest challenge will be winning the trust of his new teammates.

Simona also copped an 18-month good behaviour bond after he pleaded guilty to dishonestly obtaining property by deception after he kept money from the sale of signed club jerseys that were auctioned for children's cancer charity Camp Quality. The charity did not want to comment about Simona's return when contacted by The Sun-Herald on Friday.

Simona left the sheds at ANZ Stadium with headphones on as a Blacktown official said he was not ready talk

Williams, however, had nothing but good things to say about Simona, and he could relate to his troubled journey, given he had gone through his own issues, including a drink-driving charge and recording a second strike under the NRL's illicit drugs policy while at Parramatta last year.

"People can judge him on whatever he's done in the past, but he's a good kid," Williams said. "He's a good kid and I was very proud to see him get back out there. He could have easily given it away, but he's back and who knows what could happen in the next half a year.

"Hopefully he gets to where he wants to get and I'll be happy for him. We've done it [play league] all our lives and that's what we know. Full credit to him, he's chipped away and he's back.

"He doesn't have to apologise. He did what he did and it's finished now. We can't look back at what he did, it's what he does from now and that's how I look at it. I've done a lot of mistakes in my career and it's about what you do from now on. That's how I look at it."

The last time Simona was seen by NRL fans was 2016 when he featured in Wests Tigers' nightmare final-round loss to Canberra at Leichhardt Oval.

The NRL made it clear a couple of years ago Simona would be lucky to ever get back to the big time.

"Based on the evidence we have identified it is very hard to imagine that Tim Simona will be registered with the NRL at any time in the future,'' NRL boss Todd Greenberg said at the time.

Simona had to sweat on getting the green light from the NSW Rugby League before June 30 to play in the reserve grade competition with Blacktown, a feeder team for Manly.

e8454474c7e7149f3463bdab12eec5606b936f33.jpg

Disgraced former Tiger returns to field after more than two years out
Tim Simona was in no mood to talk about his low-key return to rugby league on Saturday, but he found support from a fellow fallen NRL star, Tony Williams.

Simona was a late addition to the Blacktown team that played against South Sydney in the Canterbury Cup. The 27-year-old, impossible to miss in lime green boots, spent most of the game on the wing and came up with a vital one-on-one strip for Souths in an otherwise quiet comeback.

Whether the former Wests Tigers player returns to the NRL remains to be seen, especially given he was given an indefinite ban by the NRL in 2017 for betting on games, including rival teams and players.

The biggest challenge will be winning the trust of his new teammates.

Simona also copped an 18-month good behaviour bond after he pleaded guilty to dishonestly obtaining property by deception after he kept money from the sale of signed club jerseys that were auctioned for children's cancer charity Camp Quality. The charity did not want to comment about Simona's return when contacted by The Sun-Herald on Friday.

Simona left the sheds at ANZ Stadium with headphones on as a Blacktown official said he was not ready talk

Williams, however, had nothing but good things to say about Simona, and he could relate to his troubled journey, given he had gone through his own issues, including a drink-driving charge and recording a second strike under the NRL's illicit drugs policy while at Parramatta last year.

"People can judge him on whatever he's done in the past, but he's a good kid," Williams said. "He's a good kid and I was very proud to see him get back out there. He could have easily given it away, but he's back and who knows what could happen in the next half a year.

"Hopefully he gets to where he wants to get and I'll be happy for him. We've done it [play league] all our lives and that's what we know. Full credit to him, he's chipped away and he's back.

"He doesn't have to apologise. He did what he did and it's finished now. We can't look back at what he did, it's what he does from now and that's how I look at it. I've done a lot of mistakes in my career and it's about what you do from now on. That's how I look at it."

The last time Simona was seen by NRL fans was 2016 when he featured in Wests Tigers' nightmare final-round loss to Canberra at Leichhardt Oval.

The NRL made it clear a couple of years ago Simona would be lucky to ever get back to the big time.

"Based on the evidence we have identified it is very hard to imagine that Tim Simona will be registered with the NRL at any time in the future,'' NRL boss Todd Greenberg said at the time.

Simona had to sweat on getting the green light from the NSW Rugby League before June 30 to play in the reserve grade competition with Blacktown, a feeder team for Manly.

View attachment 11755
Walker replacement next yr on minimal coin. Chances of greenturd signing off on it are slim though.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2