Blacktown Workers ... 2023 ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Leading early then fading seems a real trait of Blacktown, maybe last year too. What causes such a trend? Surely not fitness, the blokes who come up to NRL always look as fit as the others. Inexperienced playmakers maybe? They wouldn't lead in the first place if they simply couldn't play.
A weird one.

Leading early then fading seems a real trait of Blacktown, maybe last year too. What causes such a trend? Surely not fitness, the blokes who come up to NRL always look as fit as the others. Inexperienced playmakers maybe? They wouldn't lead in the first place if they simply couldn't play.
A weird one.
You summed it up when you say They wouldn't lead in the first place if they simply couldn't play

The issue they have for failing to hold on to thier leads is failing to play at a winning tempo Consistently through out the full game

The moral of the story .....
SUCESS IS THE CONSEQUENCE OF CONSISTENTLY PERFORMING TO OUR BEST LEVEL

Have any forum posters been to regular Blacktown games? Interested to get a read on Fletcher Myers performances at centre. I have watched a number of the video highlights so very hard to get a feel for his performances however a) he does not feature in many of the try's; and b) his defence does not look any more solid than Margan's. Appreciate any at the ground feedback.

Have any forum posters been to regular Blacktown games? Interested to get a read on Fletcher Myers performances at centre. I have watched a number of the video highlights so very hard to get a feel for his performances however a) he does not feature in many of the try's; and b) his defence does not look any more solid than Margan's. Appreciate any at the ground feedback.

Of the 3 televised matches I've seen on Fox, he has been competent, without standing out at all, either positively or negatively.

I would base my view on his trial where, at times, he had better players around him. I thought he showed a lot of promise. He didnt get too many opportunities in the Bulldogs game I watched. My sense is he'd thrive having top level players around him.

Also Condon's form, giant of a man. But, reports from silvertails have him as a bit of a plodder, with not much leg speed. Was really hoping he'd be our surprise packet so to speak, may need another season to get his s... together, like Bully did.

Isn't he one of the youngsters we want in the top 30 next year to replace the average Harper and/or pretty average Parker and quickly go on to State of Origin stardom?

I would base my view on his trial where, at times, he had better players around him. I thought he showed a lot of promise. He didnt get too many opportunities in the Bulldogs game I watched. My sense is he'd thrive having top level players around him.
Agree, he looked good in the trials playing with better players.
The problem with ressies is that if Johns is covering the NRL squad then he's obviously not training with Blacktown so Matterson would training at 5/8. Same if they are switching backrowers too.
Plus I don't rate the halfback so there's a few issues there to sort out for him to shine.

Also Condon's form, giant of a man. But, reports from silvertails have him as a bit of a plodder, with not much leg speed. Was really hoping he'd be our surprise packet so to speak, may need another season to get his s... together, like Bully did.
Condon unfortunately too slow and lumbering for the modern game, since the era of 6agains. Quite literally the slowest moving player I've seen in years. A shame, as he seems like a top bloke, great attitude, and a beast of a human

From What I have seen from Myers he is a lot more faster and skilful than both our current centres
Myers is an Upgrade on the speed and Skill factor

Myers playing in the trials in a team outside NRL players showed his potential in why we signed him and was impressive in both defence and attack

Any back that plays outside NRL quality is advantaged and Myers playing out side our strike players will be a different player

Put Parker in the NSW cup and he will be a less player
As Parker is a TEAM player and TEAM players are as good as the team they are playing in
Parker is a Support player and if we are to keep up with the more dominant teams we need to evolve with more quality and faster backs

The Moral of the Premiership winning story
The road to striving towards excellence is on going
We can do Better than Parker and Harper if we want to become a better team

Last edited:
One player who looks prominent in the highlights is Clayton Faulalo. Seems to score a lot of tries. Doing a quick search it looks like he may have played NSW U16's reps a few years ago.

One player who looks prominent in the highlights is Clayton Faulalo. Seems to score a lot of tries. Doing a quick search it looks like he may have played NSW U16's reps a few years ago.
Agree. His goal kicking is ****e. But in general play, he's looked every bit as good as Vega or better. Done well at fullback and on the wing.

Just another reason the Tommy Talau to fill out last spot, well wasn't really how I thought we'd be trying to fill that final spot.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8