Blacktown Reserve Grade Update

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
giphy.gif

I listened to this on the web. The commentary was biased towards Newtown which is understandable as they are Newtown supporters but still provide a pretty good call every week for us "oldies".
Literally never heard Tom Wright's name in the call. This to me means he wasn't dominant like Cust was. The callers were saying that Cust will be the player to replace DCE when his time comes.
https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/...ag-hat-tricks-as-sea-eagles-edge-out-newtown/
Just watched the highlights and the radio was a bit off in the call. Looks like Tom Wright was playing a fair 5/8 role and he set up the cross kick try for Anderson, not Jonno Wright kicking for Cust to score, HAHA
and the report looks like this,

Wonderful Wright Stars in Blacktown win
A Tom Wright-inspired Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles side has edged the favoured Newtown Jets 26-24 at Henson Park to keep their finals hopes alive.

Wright produced a number of key moments in the second half – including an inspirational try-saver and a brilliant try-assist – to help propel Blacktown to an important win.

www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/08/04/wonderful-wright-stars-in-blacktown-win/

That's the second game in a row Tom Wright has starred. I know he has some problems in his game, but surely he is better than Parker and Suli. There seems to be a blind spot in Barrett's perception regarding Wright, but its not the first time he has selected safe and slow. Someone needs to have a heart to heart with Barrett before he leads Manly to their first spoon.

He's also saying we don't have the money to chase some other players, and certainly the $330,000 loss is a problem. But even with this loss, it makes one think that either Manly has recruited poorly or that the coach, has a long way to go before he deserves to be responsible for a first grade side. Other teams run on similar monies and succeed, so why, despite the injury problems, does Manly continue to falter. The injury excuse was understandable early on, but only Sironen and Api can be considered serious first grade players absent from the present side, so the injury excuse no longer is acceptable.

That's the second game in a row Tom Wright has starred. I know he has some problems in his game, but surely he is better than Parker and Suli. There seems to be a blind spot in Barrett's perception regarding Wright, but its not the first time he has selected safe and slow. Someone needs to have a heart to heart with Barrett before he leads Manly to their first spoon.

He's also saying we don't have the money to chase some other players, and certainly the $330,000 loss is a problem. But even with this loss, it makes one think that either Manly has recruited poorly or that the coach, has a long way to go before he deserves to be responsible for a first grade side. Other teams run on similar monies and succeed, so why, despite the injury problems, does Manly continue to falter. The injury excuse was understandable early on, but only Sironen and Api can be considered serious first grade players absent from the present side, so the injury excuse no longer is acceptable.
Very disappointed in the management of the player roster.
One recognised hooker in the 30 man squad.
There is always a need for a couple of seasoned veterans to come in and out of a side. The recent ones have namely Myles was a dud. There are some 30+ players running around who can still give a fair to good season. Look at Gallen ,not my choice, but he still contributes, Lewis, Heighington, Farah and Marshall. There was probably some merit in signing Jonno Wright but time has shown it wasn't a good choice. There was a time where it was thought that the older brigade were keeping out an up and coming youngster but these are times that now you are limited to a 30 man roster, the only balance you have is by having some of these older players where you know what you are going to get. Also, it still gives you a chance to nurture the younger players. It is a fine line, but there seems not be a plan for the next few years of what the squad will become. It looked like it last year but as I have said, not having a few older heads, has impacted on this years results when we were up against it.

I listened to this on the web. The commentary was biased towards Newtown which is understandable as they are Newtown supporters but still provide a pretty good call every week for us "oldies".
Literally never heard Tom Wright's name in the call. This to me means he wasn't dominant like Cust was. The callers were saying that Cust will be the player to replace DCE when his time comes.
https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/...ag-hat-tricks-as-sea-eagles-edge-out-newtown/
Just watched the highlights and the radio was a bit off in the call. Looks like Tom Wright was playing a fair 5/8 role and he set up the cross kick try for Anderson, not Jonno Wright kicking for Cust to score, HAHA
and the report looks like this,

Wonderful Wright Stars in Blacktown win
A Tom Wright-inspired Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles side has edged the favoured Newtown Jets 26-24 at Henson Park to keep their finals hopes alive.

Wright produced a number of key moments in the second half – including an inspirational try-saver and a brilliant try-assist – to help propel Blacktown to an important win.

www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/08/04/wonderful-wright-stars-in-blacktown-win/
Tom the try saver and try assister . Does not surprise me at all because this kid does have it all .
Tom Wright is a confidence player and most mercurial players are confidence players .
Tom has all the attributes including being gifted with blistering speed , hardly any other back posses that gift in our current back line
His best position is out in the centres and in the clear where no one can come near him
I am sure he will have astute coaches from other clubs looking at him

Last edited:
Tom the try saver and try assister . Does not surprise me at all because this kid does have it all .
Tom Wright is a confidence player and most mercurial players are confidence players .
Tom has all the attributes including being gifted with blistering speed , hardly any other back posses that gift in our current back line
His best position is out in the centres and in clear where no one can come near him

Be careful BOZO, you are sounding a lot like holmsey.

His best position is out in the centres and in he clear where no one can come near him
You forgot "is a speedbump"

The injury excuse may be acceptable if it cost them a top 4 spot but it’s never an excuse for the spoon.Even a top 8 spot was achievable given most yrs the eighth placed team ends with a 50/50 record.The Panthers had a bigger injury list

His best position is out in the centres and in he clear where no one can come near him
Pretty sure you don’t need to be an astute coach,just need to be better than Barrett

The injury excuse may be acceptable if it cost them a top 4 spot but it’s never an excuse for the spoon.Even a top 8 spot was achievable given most yrs the eighth placed team ends with a 50/50 record.The Panthers had a bigger injury list

The excuse list is as long and as purposeful as a roll of toilet paper . The only purpose that an excuse list offers is to wipe your arse with .
I hate losing and I hate hearing constant excuses without any solutions . I would love to get a job and get paid by turning up and coming up with excuses all the time .
Any one can make an excuse . If that is the benchmark to coach Manly these days then Give me the clipboard and half a million dollars a year and I will make excuses every day of the week as well as honesty sessions and I will also have the support of Dean Ritchie in the media writing feel good stories about the way I have coffee sessions and honesty sessions as my team under achieves and lingers at the bottom pit of the ladder .
Quality coaches come up with Inspirational and effective games plans that turn their teams around and out lot come up with Honesty sessions .
Regular Honesty sessions that is .
I have never heard of a team having so many honesty sessions in a season and that is being honest !
My friends that support other teams laugh and say to me after each Manly loss . Is Manly going to have another honesty session this week mate ?
Our motivational coaching sessions obviously have not been working so we have turned to Honesty sessions
What a fcking joke

2A2EC9D600000578-3147816-image-a-18_1435874050128.jpg
2A2EC9D600000578-3147816-image-a-18_1435874050128.jpg

You forgot "is a speedbump"

We have quite a few regular turn styles in our back line as our position on the ladder demonstrates
Players in our back line that get beaten for pace as the opposition runs around them to score
I call them turn styles instead of Speed bumps because most of them lack genuine speed

You forgot that .....

images (3).jpg
images (3).jpg
images (3).jpg
images (3).jpg
images (3).jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10