Biggest area for concern

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can we have some more detail on where cust’s shoulder was pointing? And its effect on walker’s positioning.

There is nothing remotely humorous or cynical about colloquial rugby league language...”turning shoulders in” is spoken of all the time at training by Des and various other coaches from the bottom up...it is used to describe a player that leaves their outside shoulder exposed and vulnerable to the attack. It’s easy to make a joke of something you don’t understand.

Defense wins matches, since walker has returned the back line D has looked a shambles. At the start of the year we had one of the best defenses and leaked the least amount of tries defending our 20m zone.

Scorpio and Crocker would definitely help fix that
But sadly, and you know it, Des will not have the courage to drop Walker.

NYEagle

There is nothing remotely humorous or cynical about colloquial rugby league language...”turning shoulders in” is spoken of all the time at training by Des and various other coaches from the bottom up...it is used to describe a player that leaves their outside shoulder exposed and vulnerable to the attack. It’s easy to make a joke of something you don’t understand.
You're copping flak because what you say is different to what people see on television but I agree with your call on Cust. Makes some great one-on-one tackles but his reads are fairly poor. Look at when Walker moved to the left edge and it coincides with Cust starting there.
Also one of the two offside penalties just couldn't be helped. We were way short on that left edge with Walker needing to hit 1 of 4 options the Rabbitohs had on that edge. Only way he could have done that before the ball was passed on is by rushing in early.

@Shoe1 and others who laughed...You reckon it was a coincidence that Walker played 6 today? @;)
Was pretty strong in defence today across the park aside from a few lapses. Initially thought we were screwed when I saw him at 5/8 but was happy to be proven wrong.

Des is turning up the screws with this squad now we're on the run in to the finals. We are going flat out for 60 min and starting to run rings around the opposition. By the time we get to the finals Des wants them at peak 80 min performance. There's another level in this team yet. We'll see it revealed in the next few weeks. Don't doubt that the mad scientist is putting belief into this squad. His presser comment about only 3 teams in this comp was a stab right at the media. There's a big twist coming in this comp. There's a couple of teams under the radar that are about to throw out the challenge to the "big 3".

Mea culpa. He was much better at 6.

I was laughing at the detail for the record @Snake not so much the concept.
All good mate...stoked to get the win...
I was just disappointed that Walker was coping all the blame for the defence when I knew what Des wanted and how he had coached them to defend on that edge...he saw the problem and made a change accordingly.

The real key for Walker will be backing up that performance week to week. As fans, we have to expect he will make the odd error as he settles into the position. Take Jack Wighton for example; he is still kicking balls out on the full every week but the good outweighs the bad!

All good mate...stoked to get the win...
I was just disappointed that Walker was coping all the blame for the defence when I knew what Des wanted and how he had coached them to defend on that edge...he saw the problem and made a change accordingly.

The real key for Walker will be backing up that performance week to week. As fans, we have to expect he will make the odd error as he settles into the position. Take Jack Wighton for example; he is still kicking balls out on the full every week but the good outweighs the bad!
You could argue walker was moved to cover for his own defensive issues. He was moved from right to left and now into 5.8. Agreed walker wasnt all to blame but he was a fair contributor to our defensive issues our wide.

Last edited:
You could argue walker was moved to cover for his own defencive issues. He was moved from right to left and now into 5.8. Agreed walker wasnt all to blame but he was a fair contributor to our defencive issues our wide.
I wasn’t trotting out my opinion...the coincidences are stacking up for me.
If u think Des moves members of his spine in and out of his teams to fix his centres, you don’t know much about rugby league.

Imagine Des “I’m unhappy with Walker’s defence so I’m gonna give him more responsibility this week, put him in a key position and drop the guy inside him who has been doing a terrific job to make the best of the bad situation he finds himself in”...laughable!

I wasn’t trotting out my opinion...the coincidences are stacking up for me.
If u think Des moves members of his spine in and out of his teams to fix his centres, you don’t know much about rugby league.

Imagine Des “I’m unhappy with Walker’s defence so I’m gonna give him more responsibility this week, put him in a key position and drop the guy inside him who has been doing a terrific job to make the best of the bad situation he finds himself in”...laughable!
Once again snake knows everything and if you dont agree with him then clearly you know nothing about footy. I think the fact you think you are always right is what is laughable. Walker was moved yesterday because that os what was best for the team overall.
To think Des wouldn't make positional changes to benefit the team is also laughable. Clearly you know nothing about rugby league ;)

Once again snake knows everything and if you dont agree with him then clearly you know nothing about footy. I think the fact you think you are always right is what is laughable. Walker was moved yesterday because that os what was best for the team overall.
To think Des wouldn't make positional changes to benefit the team is also laughable. Clearly you know nothing about rugby league ;)
Face it buddy, you were wrong on this one.!

Personally I think Cust had a concussion ..... Croker was considered a risk due to fitness and lack of game minutes, and was best decided he saty at #14 due to the lack of a better utility available to spell Fainu .... Walker was worth the trial given that a) his form last year at 5/8 warrented it ... and b) the handy option of a return of Parker to centre ....

Having said that ... the success of the move now places real interest in what Dessie next week ......

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10