Big news to break at Manly - Gus Gould

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
Good post ..... I have a gut feeling ... no info ..... that Baz will come out of this stronger ..... he may just be over some of the deadwood in the support staff and has told the club he wants them gone ....

Thanks Woodsie, mate i am just over the media with breaking stories left right and centre holding our heads under water not allowing us to breathe. I too think (gut feeling) that he will come out of it stronger with a strong core group of players. Everything Baz has said the club has mirrored.

Ppl saying Jake needs to grow up and be professional yadda yadda, Baz made the decision to drop Hastings not the other way around after ongoing issues. Jake is just supporting his coach and has openly said he loves playing for him yet ppl back Hastings.

The never ending threads on similar issues is exactly what the media wants and that’s to put doubt in Manly supporter minds and fuel th unrest. Getting rid of Baz ain’t the solution for fixing 2018.

What’s worse ppl happy with winning the spoon to force change.

Rackets

Doin' the eagle rock 🦅
This is toatlly left field but if Baz does walk, what about Madge as coach. He's tough and respected, doesn't take sh^t and has runs on the board with a premiership? Plus he's been the refs coach of late so he'll know the ins and outs of how they operate.
Just putting it out there. Any thoughts?

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Loobs remember in 16 we got Marty , Api , brown , walker, then a year later got lussick home just to name a few . We still had Stewart , matai and killer still on the books . Throw in the Myles fiasco , i can now see how we ended in ****. A big Fuhking mess.
Marty and Walker were both upgraded and extended after that. Api, Brown and Lussick are off the books at the end of the season and Greenturd has said we are under the cap now. I don't think it's the mess they are making it out to be - they are just piling on to try to continue the misery.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
This is toatlly left field but if Baz does walk, what about Madge as coach. He's tough and respected, doesn't take sh^t and has runs on the board with a premiership? Plus he's been the refs coach of late so he'll know the ins and outs of how they operate.
Just putting it out there. Any thoughts?
Manly won't pay out Baz for his 2 year extension plus put Madge on the payroll

joeboy

Bencher
I would say that is exactly it stevo, just a worry that the powers to be arnt providing the framework to begin with. The Penns need to commit the funds and resources to run a professional club, not just a club.

Ned

Bencher
Gus wouldn't shut up if he had a roll of duct tap closing his mouth.
He's got nothin on Merlin!!
merlin.jpg

Stevo

First Grader
I would say that is exactly it stevo, just a worry that the powers to be arnt providing the framework to begin with. The Penns need to commit the funds and resources to run a professional club, not just a club.
In the clubs defence, the last two coaches have taken care of all of that. Des ran the lot and Tooves pretty much did to.

malroon

Reserve Grader
This weeks game could determine Barrett's coaching future

If we are smashed then I think that he will step down as coach and most likely not ask for a payout of his remaining contact
allowing us to appoint a new coach

Can not see him not asking for a pay out, he won't get another coaching job, so i think he might need the money..

The mule

Can not see him not asking for a pay out, he won't get another coaching job, so i think he might need the money..
Cannot see the Penns paying him out and their strategy may be to wait until he loses enough games to make him walk of his own accord

He will pick up an assistant coaching job somewhere Or shock horror he might even have to get a real job like us supporters do

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Barrett's a former Aussie international. Someone in the SL will probably think he's worth a shot. But I can't see him getting another NRL head coaching gig if he continues to have poor results at Manly, even given our current situation.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Lol, Hooper is just a hack. He's too gutless to come on here and have a civil debate so he gets all upset about the truth bombs that keep landing on him regarding his ineptitude as a journalist and so he tries to hit back the only way he knows how.

Which is, of course, continuing not to have an original thought in his little brain and writing whatever his editor tells him.

As Kent, or some other 'jouno' alluded to earlier in the week, drama sells out of date mediums of communication newspapers. None of them have thick skins professionally but they must have some in their private lives as I would be totally embarrassed to face my loved ones each day if I put out the agenda driven drivel that they do. Some are born with no shame and delusions of grandeur though so it probably doesn't bother them.

Just don't click!

5dab50bc512281d51b29b2e4a9c5e64b.gif

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20