Big news to break at Manly - Gus Gould

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ned

Bencher
What the hell is going on. This Hooper is a tool and what the fark has demountables got to do with it all AGAIN.
He's a NRL puppet with his head up Greenturds ar$e thinking he'll be an insider for ever with the NRL for dispensing their propaganda, little does he know Toddy Goebbels will dispense with him once his propaganda has done it's job and little jamie hooper will be back with his soup bowl out saying 'can I have some more please sir'.
Todd Goebbels hoops.jpg

NYEagle

Bencher
Lol, Hooper is just a hack. He's too gutless to come on here and have a civil debate so he gets all upset about the truth bombs that keep landing on him regarding his ineptitude as a journalist and so he tries to hit back the only way he knows how.

Which is, of course, continuing not to have an original thought in his little brain and writing whatever his editor tells him.

As Kent, or some other 'jouno' alluded to earlier in the week, drama sells out of date mediums of communication newspapers. None of them have thick skins professionally but they must have some in their private lives as I would be totally embarrassed to face my loved ones each day if I put out the agenda driven drivel that they do. Some are born with no shame and delusions of grandeur though so it probably doesn't bother them.

Just don't click!

5dab50bc512281d51b29b2e4a9c5e64b.gif
I don’t click, I don’t subscribe. I get it as real news direct from Silvertails.
Where else would I learn what’s right from wrong. I can think of no better panel of experts than Fluffy, The MULE, GlobalEagle, BOZO, Mark, Niccipops, Woodsie, Ryan, Dapper Dan, Ralphie, Terry Randall, HappilyManly, Budgewoi Eagle etc. to package the information out there into a palatable form that I want to understand.
NYEagle

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I don’t click, I don’t subscribe. I get it as real news direct from Silvertails.
Where else would I learn what’s right from wrong. I can think of no better panel of experts than Fluffy, The MULE, GlobalEagle, BOZO, Mark, Niccipops, Woodsie, Ryan, Dapper Dan, Ralphie, Terry Randall, HappilyManly, Budgewoi Eagle etc. to package the information out there into a palatable form that I want to understand.
NYEagle

You may need to cull that list. lol

Oracle

Eagles win 2019 GF
This is toatlly left field but if Baz does walk, what about Madge as coach. He's tough and respected, doesn't take sh^t and has runs on the board with a premiership? Plus he's been the refs coach of late so he'll know the ins and outs of how they operate.
Just putting it out there. Any thoughts?
Walkz would be gone for sure I know who I'd rather have...
Should Madge get the job his 1st call would be to Walkz

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ma...evic-for-next-four-years-20161008-grxzp7.html

They are on fixed amounts - would be well known to the club and with the cap increasing I can't see how they would be throwing our cap into turmoil. Walker was supposedly on around 500K which is good centre money, Marty was upgraded and you have DCE. There isn't really any other big earners among the current squad. It would be their next contracts where a lot of guys would be getting pay rises.

I could be missing something, but how does that article demonstrate they are on fixed, even amounts?

It says they are on whatever amounts over 3 years, it doesn't say they are split evenly across those 3 years.

Could very well have been $500k this season then up to $800k next season.

Would make sense given it appears Fulton was afer instant gratification with no care or thought for the longer term fallout.

qldeagle

Bencher
Best case scenario Barrett walks and spills his guts on the situation, get someone in to get rid of the rats starting at the top . If penn is behind any of this and cares for manly like he sais he does walk also , sit back and reap the rewards . Lets face it it would be a win win for him to get on with his other business interests and for manly to rebuild once again .Hello Geoff Toovey.
It's easy to say get rid of Penn but then who would be stupid enough to fund us

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Barrett's a former Aussie international. Someone in the SL will probably think he's worth a shot. But I can't see him getting another NRL head coaching gig if he continues to have poor results at Manly, even given our current situation.
Coaching is one of those occupations where you are a rooster one day and a feather duster the next .There is lots of them that have tried ,failed , become an assistant somewhere ,gone to the UK came back etc .I for one hope that Baz pushes thru this I feel his heart is in the right place ,and its just a matter if his head is up to it .But I think while he has the players power-base behind him (i.e the Turbos,DCE,Marty,Walks and Lewis Browny (only joking)etc )he ain't going anywhere .I do agree that the media is just in full pest mode with all their half baked stories innuendo,lies , half truths and just plain fiction .In fact I would go so far as to say that the only place I have seen more lies ,half truths and fiction is on some of those dating websites.
I for one am going to refuse to click on any of the dribble/fiction/lies/ that Greengoebals and his talent less tool and lacky Hooper and the non recovering hopeless old alcho Rothtool cobble together !

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
I could be missing something, but how does that article demonstrate they are on fixed, even amounts?

It says they are on whatever amounts over 3 years, it doesn't say they are split evenly across those 3 years.

Could very well have been $500k this season then up to $800k next season.

Would make sense given it appears Fulton was afer instant gratification with no care or thought for the longer term fallout.
It may step up each year but that would have all been known well in advance. And back ended deals typically refer to low low stupidly high, not a gradual increase.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
What the hell is going on. This Hooper is a tool and what the fark has demountables got to do with it all AGAIN.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k=5a1d7ba0f0e128529a768ba60f107b21-1525315859
It’s funny they keep on about the facilities. I think they’re quite good. In fact they have been the facilities we had in 2008 and 2011 and so on. I even fondly recall collecting my membership from the dreaded demountable in 2009 and they had the trophy there so you could pose for pics with it.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
It’s funny they keep on about the facilities. I think they’re quite good. In fact they have been the facilities we had in 2008 and 2011 and so on. I even fondly recall collecting my membership from the dreaded demountable in 2009 and they had the trophy there so you could pose for pics with it.

WHAAAT!!!!!! .. You went near the DEMOUNTABLES!!!!!!!! Aaaarrrrrgggghh!

They sound like a troop of Italian hookers .... the de Mountables ....

It may step up each year but that would have all been known well in advance. And back ended deals typically refer to low low stupidly high, not a gradual increase.

Each to their own, but a contract that pays more in the final years is back-ended to me.

The percentage is of course important, but its incredibly easy for that to be well over 10, 20 even 30%. And if you do that across a number of big contracts, it doesn't take long to create a sh*tstorm.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18