Big Dogs win needed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Especially considering penrith play both out biggest rivals for a top 8 spot Raiders this week, Drags next week whilst they are still chasing a top 4 spot so we need to win these next 2 weeks to ensure that we can bump up that FA and restore a 4pt gap to the chasers.

I'm still seething about the weekends loss... been a long time since i have been this angry about a loss lol

I knew we wouldn't beat Melbourne.

We really shouldn't have beaten the Roosters.

I thought we'd beat the Dragons.

I never thought ( in reality) that we wouldn't beat the Tigers with so much on the line.

I think we'll beat the Bulldogs.

See the pattern there?

I knew we wouldn't beat Melbourne.

We really shouldn't have beaten the Roosters.

I thought we'd beat the Dragons.

I never thought ( in reality) that we wouldn't beat the Tigers with so much on the line.

I think we'll beat the Bulldogs.

See the pattern there?

Lets hope we they finally get the msg and break the pattern this weekend!! I had this sick feeling that the Tigers would win all week, relaxed at half time and then infuriated at 80mins lol.

Already said i'm not watching anymore games this yr, will follow the scores online but that's it... i give that about 5mins into the game on Sunday haha

Lets hope we they finally get the msg and break the pattern this weekend!! I had this sick feeling that the Tigers would win all week, relaxed at half time and then infuriated at 80mins lol.

Already said i'm not watching anymore games this yr, will follow the scores online but that's it... i give that about 5mins into the game on Sunday haha

Nah, can't miss a game, even take my Foxtel box when I go Bush in my Caravan and set up a portable Sat dish.

But gee last weeks game was painful to watch.

Sunday arvo was s flat as I've felt after a game in ages. Hard to have confidence against anyone after that BUT Bulldogs are a team that ( I hope ) we just match up much better on. Lot less dangerous than the Tigers. Much less likely to expose our defensive frailties. I think the more free flowing ad lib teams who use the ball worry us the most. That's not the Bulldogs.
If you don't drop the ball up your own end or give away penalties against the Bulldogs then they really cant hurt you from their own end or midfield. Yes our defence has been awful lately but the Bulldogs should hopefully test us less than the other teams. Yes I said 'hopefully'.

I think we'll win this one but our defence and attitude for 80 mins is still a huge worry to me going forward.

The secret is LINE SPEED. I'll never understand why we stand back and let them run 10 metres for free.

We are an infinitely better side when we attack with our defence. And we need to make sure we go through them instead of trying to run around them.

The other major weakness I see is Brenko Lee's defence. The guy is a turnstile. If he's marking Walker, Dylan will bag a double.

We should win well. Just like we should have won well last week. @:cry:
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Well we keep talking about which game is the MIGOTY, and now we've got ourselves in this perilous situation you'd have to say that this is it.

Lose and I think we might find ourselves gone for 2017 as the confidence will be totally shot.

Win and we stay alive for a finals berth but still a lot of work to do.

I really really hope it doesn't come down to having to win the last home game to make 8th position as you can imagine what a desperate Panthers will be like.

Really torn about this coming game, Bulldogs have been **** but like the Tigers they'll lift against us, they always do!
not last time ;)

As I've said , and you may disagree but I expect the Dogs to be exactly like the Tigers were on Sunday, desperate.

Going to be a very very difficult game and no guaranteed win.
The Tigers were very desperate.. although we had them absolutely beat. We can nail these sides but only if we can play the 80

Though i still have been very pleased in general with the side"s progress and results this season , i am just presently not sure which Manly team will show up for this week or even for what half . Also am not aware of the weather forecast in Sydney for Sunday and would certainly prefer a reasonably dry track . Also agree that the bulldogs on paper and with the possible exception of their half"s, is still a formidable looking team . Manly definitely need just more sustained aggression and determination in their play and especially of course in their defensive effort as it is no good just being capable of producing and putting on points for a favorable scoreline when the side also concedes so many points in recent months

Though i still have been very pleased in general with the side"s progress and results this season , i am just presently not sure which Manly team will show up for this week or even for what half . Also am not aware of the weather forecast in Sydney for Sunday and would certainly prefer a reasonably dry track . Also agree that the bulldogs on paper and with the possible exception of their half"s, is still a formidable looking team . Manly definitely need just more sustained aggression and determination in their play and especially of course in their defensive effort as it is no good just being capable of producing and putting on points for a favorable scoreline when the side also concedes so many points in recent months
Yes mate they have a formidable side but are badly out of form , the morris boys are getting on and won't be the players they once were , their halves are terrible, no Reynolds or Godzilla they are a very weak side and Manly should and will lap them. Every game is a dangerous game no matter who your up against , but Manly really need to hammer these blokes and im sure they will.

Manly need to dominate that middle third...attack and defence.
Easier teams and the attack plays sideways - flat footed with no support pushing up with the ball, instead of direct quick runs behind the ruck to those edges offering 2nd phase....and defence against the easier sides is lazy as stated above - stand back waiting, instead of getting up quick with pressure and contact.
Still wearing Baz spit on their faces after a Sunday, so hopefully ignites that energy needed for that high octane game in the trenches.

Bulldogs have been playing the most uninspiring games of footy the last few weeks with tries coming off 50/50 plays or general luck. Great opportunity for Manly to build from this week into the finals, hopefully a +/- booster to go with it.

We haven't been great either ....

When's the last time we've put on an 80 minute performance?

It's either, come out like world beaters for 20 minutes then completely clock off.

OR

Lethargic as all crap for the first 30 minutes then " oh **** we'd better play some football" , then get in front , then slow down again.

I don't expect us to be red hot for 80 minutes, but would like to see " clinical" for 60 and red hot for 20, that would win most games.

Sunday arvo was s flat as I've felt after a game in ages. Hard to have confidence against anyone after that
True. But if we know anything about this competition it is that things do not always run to script (with all teams bar Melbourne). Just because a team is having a few average games doesnt mean that every game thereafter will be average, especially given our form a month ago & the Dogs circumstances. If things always ran to script and the patchy teams continually lost we would all be rich from picking the winners. But we arent! (because it never does run to script).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10