Biblical basis of Rugby League

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
A thorough study of the KJV reveals that rugby league is the correct biblical code of football. The scriptures abound with references to this noble, ancient sport.

Most of the field positions of rugby league are specifically mentioned. The Bible refers to a “forward” (Eze 10:22), “backs” (Eze 8:16), “the second row” (Ex 28:18) and “harlots” (Jos 6:17) which was the word used in ancient times for “hookers”. 1 Kings 6:24 says “their wings touched one another” in an obvious reference to the defensive efforts of outside backs. The fact that lock forwards are usually not tall is referred to in “neither suffer their locks to grow long” (Eze 44:20). 1 Kings 10:7 says, “the half was not told” which is a pity because the first receiver should know what is going on.

As for specific football skills a search of Young’s Analytical Concordance of the Bible shows that while the word “kick” does occur some four times in the Bible the word “pass” occurs in well over 400 separate references. The evidence is therefore overwhelming that while the kick was used on occasions the pass was the predominant skill in biblical football. References are made to specific types of passes. “To pass over the earth” (Ge 8:1) refers to the normal pass, “pass by him” (Dt 2:30) clearly refers to the cut-out pass and “seven times shall pass” (Dan 4:25) is obviously a full back-line movement.

As for defensive skills we are told that “with our own hands the tackling” must be done (Ac 27:19) and we are to “mark well” (Job 33:31). Job must have had a particularly good sidestep because he said “mark me and be astonished” (Job 21:5).

Finally the desired number of players in the team is seen in the number of apostles. Initially twelve men were chosen but Judas was replaced by Matthias (Ac 1:26) and finally Paul was added (Gal 1:1) to bring the team of apostles to the ideal number of thirteen.

and you call me a literalist!!!! :lol:

i prefer the references to Motor Racing, when Moses burned up the desert in his Triumph!

Depends how literally you define literalism.

To some I am a raving fundamentalist and to others I am an extreme liberal!!! :lol:

FFS I dont know if it does make a good argument against it, it just shows how preposterous personal interpretation can be. please preach somewhere else!

subtle though it may be Matas, you know what you are doing!

There's no debate about it. every worldview is a worldview, even if you think you don't have a worldview.

And to express your worldview is to proselytyse.

In the famous words of morrisey
"I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of"

Frankly Mr Shankly this position i've held, it pays my way but it corrodes my soul.

No it is more in reference to my old job but is from the same song "Frankly Mr Shankly"

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4