Biased Commentators

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Watched some of the post match stuff, Shame Parker and Sampson weren’t on the end of a few high shots so they couldn’t speak, they are a joke

Yeh I hadn’t minded Ennis opinions on game day, but the hypocrisy of the AFB stuff made me cringe.
Ennis has pulled all sorts of gestures to the crowd including his well known Viking Clap which he said at the time was part of the game “playing back at yhe crowd”
I thought the AFB stuff was fine and the big bloke was dominant on the field where it counted....the Klemmer poking fingers up at AFB was pathetic, as he didn’t act too tough in the heat of battle.
As Moondog pointed out also, Pearce had this black eye from the whistle....I despise this high shot stuff when a bloke is 1 foot off the grass after slipping ect....if someone slips in touch footy and cop an accidental slap on the chops, common sense prevails and its play on.
These commentators have played the game at a high level and know how frustrating it is to cop a foul play charge when there is no intention, yet tried making AFB out to be some major issue.
The review comittee need to use common sense and see this as a situation of zero malice and 10 minutes more than sufficient and take a good long look at Maguires eye gauge on Friday night which is a serious, purposeful dog act.

Last edited:
In the same boat as you copped the knights supporters telling me all week how they were going to win. Wearing as always my knights gear at Warner’s Bay today and so far the druggo supporters are very quiet.

I'm just going to assume you meant wearing your Manly gear! :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Just watched the Sunday footy show and when they brought up the manly game most of the talk was about how bad Newcastle were and how Kaylyn Ponga should get more ball. They talked for two sentences about DCE but not about how well he played but his QLD origin role of organising the team.

No mention of the AFB dominating their forwards, or DCE great kicking game, Manly supporting each other on the inside, our goal line defence or double movement. I thought they might bring up the AFB high shot but no.

I think its about time both fox & nein stop using former players when their old team is playing. The effort by Buderus tonight was Gould like when the panthers play. normally i don't mind his input but tonight it was crap. The time Pearce was trapped in goal his comment was along the lines of 'what a great play by Pearce, he batted the ball back & regained it before being trapped in goal'.
Truth was he botched an attempt to collect the ball on the first bounce and was lucky it bounced up into his hands.I could go on but i think you all get the message.
At least i don't have to put up with the local morons raving about the game, they will be very quiet this week!
I agree - he is the most biased I’ve heard. I also find him to be the worst most boring commentator.

after listening to blocker lately i thought id revive this thread.
if he is commentating on anymore manly games this year i thing i will be muting the tele & playing eagle rock all game.
also here are a few comments from earlier in the thread i like:

Steve Roach was just as bad. He's a halfwit.

Well said and highly annoying hearing Blocker's blatant one-sided commentary too. It was like they were all willing the Knights to win and kept talking them up no matter how bad they were @:mad:

I hate Blocker with a passion. Worst commentator and always rips on Manly. Always qusetions any call that goes our way.

after listening to blocker lately i thought id revive this thread.
if he is commentating on anymore manly games this year i thing i will be muting the tele & playing eagle rock all game.
also here are a few comments from earlier in the thread i like:
I’m with Ben. Blocker must have something on the Fox bosses. If ever there needed to be someone put out to pasture it’s him.
*No matter how many times they replayed it, the script was clear....Hoppa Jnr stopped Hoppa snr scoring with a ball and all tackle. Harper? Didn’t fit the narrative.

I’m with Ben. Blocker must have something on the Fox bosses. If ever there needed to be someone put out to pasture it’s him.
*No matter how many times they replayed it, the script was clear....Hoppa Jnr stopped Hoppa snr scoring with a ball and all tackle. Harper? Didn’t fit the narrative.
he must have something on hadley also because apparently when fox were interested in signing blocker they spoke to hadley who raved about him.

Dont you know the cheat sheet that Fox commentators have to follow when ever they commentate on our games.

Manly lucky
Manly offside
Manly lazy
Death ride Manly on all occasions
Only praise if absolutely necessary.

The TV punters who hate us love this crap. It is a shame that we cant get un biased commentary. I refuse to watch Nein when Warren calls a whinging worms game as he does that as the biased whinging worm fan that he is. Gould is just as bad with the Riff or Rorters.

Many games I just watch the vision and turn off the sound as we dont get an objective call most weeks.

Sick to death of
1. Dan Inane
2. Voss jizm himself over queen guppy
3. Blocker dribble
4. All ch nein especially Yoda getting excited over the loser worms

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8