Biased Commentators

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How many ex-Manly players are there doing commentary on television or radio these days?

I know of Fatty on Nein, Gibbsy on ABC Radio and Matt Nable is out there somewhere, I think on Fox. Other than that I really don't know of any right now.

Was gonna say this in the game thread blocker is a muppet any 50-50 for any team playing manly its lets look at that again anything towards manly and he shuts up and commentates on what the other team need to do better to get on top of manly lol
He is a fat f**k, who obviously has some goat pics of the Fox hierarchy.

Aslong as i dont have to hear nables cheese grating voice and warren smith screaming like a 15 yr old at a beiber concert i can put up with the bias most of the time ...we hate you too

And Michael Ennis just criticised AFB for stirring up the crowd when he was sin binned. Does this hypocrite not remember his own antics?
And to show the hypocrisy and complete lack of integrity, remembering their carry on, the club he's most famous for stirring up employs him.
Please...

How's that illiterate flog Corey Parker tut tutting AFB. Fuksake he can barely string a sentence together. What einstein decided hes a commentator. Full of sht like his mate PEnnis.

How's that illiterate flog Corey Parker tut tutting AFB. Fuksake he can barely string a sentence together. What einstein decided hes a commentator. Full of sht like his mate PEnnis.

Like I've said, most of these former players they have doing commentary couldn't string a coherent sentence together if they tried. And most of those like that happen to be either Queenslander's, ex Broncos, or both.

Was gonna say this in the game thread blocker is a muppet any 50-50 for any team playing manly its lets look at that again anything towards manly and he shuts up and commentates on what the other team need to do better to get on top of manly lol

Agreed, blocker is an absolute flog. How he has a commentary job astounds me.

I agree with the sentiment of the this thread for sure.

Most of us possibly watch other sports that are run professionally. "Ice" hockey for me. I don't think the money is in it with the nrl but I believe all hockey teams have their own commentators when the team play at home.

For my team (Vancouver Canucks) It is ex-goalie John Garrett, and John Shorthouse. (John and Shorty they are known as). You watch a game where they are the commentators, it's going to have a canucks point of view. The same as the commentators for other teams. NOte: Point of view isn't over the top biased rubbish.

One of the problems the nrl has is hiring ex-players without media skill, or a certain level of intelligence. This happens, I believe, because jobs are promised to certain marquee players for *cough cough* salary cap reasons.

So we get a lot of boofheads as a result, and there's no effort by these idiots to improve their commentary skills as "why bother".

There seems to be a hundred sports shows on over here and a lot of them have ex players, coaches, managers, *gasp* female compares and hosts, and not once have I ever felt that sickening feeling of being force fed biased crap by someone that couldn't tie shoelaces on velcro sneakers.

I think its about time both fox & nein stop using former players when their old team is playing. The effort by Buderus tonight was Gould like when the panthers play. normally i don't mind his input but tonight it was crap. The time Pearce was trapped in goal his comment was along the lines of 'what a great play by Pearce, he batted the ball back & regained it before being trapped in goal'.
Truth was he botched an attempt to collect the ball on the first bounce and was lucky it bounced up into his hands.I could go on but i think you all get the message.
At least i don't have to put up with the local morons raving about the game, they will be very quiet this week!
In the same boat as you copped the knights supporters telling me all week how they were going to win. Wearing as always my Eagles gear at Warner’s Bay today and so far the druggo supporters are very quiet.

Last edited:
Listened to ABC Grandstand & the commentators were not much better. Thought they were gonna have orgasms every time Ponga touched the ball.....absolutely sickening! Manly score.....excuses made for the Knights, Knights score.....cream time! So glad we won & shoved it up those twats!

Like I said, Yvonne Sampson literally said pre-game, that she hoped Newcastle won tonight.
W T F ! I found that completely inappropriate.
Yvonne O’Keefe née Sampson,lost me last year when she carried on ridiculously over the top when the Manly players came back early from the sin bin against the Storm.She kept making a big deal about it and how Manly could lose points.All the while a voice of reason Greg Alexander kept telling her it was the NRL officials fault and they won’t lose points.Yet she still wanted to make it dramatic

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8