Best player you have ever seen.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The only opposition player that made me continually crap my dacks has been friggen Gaz. How bads that lol

Very high quality player with ball in hand, the cool thing to do was bag him for most of his career but when he was on, comfortably one of the most dangerous guys 1 on 1 with a bit of space that I've seen

So far Bozos got 6, Cliffy and Joey level on 4.
Not that it's a competition just a matter of interest.

Best player I saw live is Wally Lewis. My greatest memory of him is the try he scored in origin in 89 where he beat 5 defenders to score and he was injured, he showed the tremendous courage that night. He was a player who could change a game through either a strong run, a deft pass, a tactical kick or smothering defence. He did his work when not playing in the Sydney competition and I think that helped him a great deal as the origin games were his big 3 games each season. There were others at the time who were great and I could mention many of them but there was only one Wally Lewis!

Not as old as you blokes but all kids my age wanted to be Benji Marshall back in the day. Mesmerising some of the things he did

He was very unorthodox
He was very unpredictable
He was incomparable
He was called Bozo but when he had the ball
he made all his opponents look like clowns
He was and will always be the best rugby league player ever
No one messed around with Bozo
On or off the field !!!

1495245528402.jpg

Attachments

• 1495245528402.jpg
    1495245528402.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 1
Wo
Definitely the hands, oh the hands.....
we are lucky these days to actually have some great footage of the greats
2nd Test 1990, possibly best game ever (I have the full game) and Cliffy was genius
these highlights are great, the pass, the fend, the backup and the backup of the backup are beautiful.

Wow what a great series, Cliffy was unbelievable how bout that try from the wingers cross field kick, he touches the ball 3 times during that play. International games for me don't have the electric passion they used to. That try from McGaw in the first game too.

I can't even pick a best centre between our last 2 centres as both were sensational for the club, I've not seen the ilk of that combination before and i doubt i will again

My pick is Brett Stewart though, had everything his position needed early in his career, have you ever seen anyone legitimately tunnel ball a try assist before? Or since? The outright audacity and skill level is unsurpassed, his kick returns were garbage though pure and simple

This ****er dead dropped a ****ing rampaging prop while standing still, he should have been ran over given he was around 25kg lighter and he had one of the most forgettable bodies to ever grace the field, i mean **** the bloke had the ****ing shoulders of a 10 year old girl weighing approximately 10kg,we called him the Prince of Brookvale but Rabs was right to call him Mr Magic

His career didn't do him justice, his injuries robbed him of higher fame and an animal cost him millions for something he clearly never did nor would do in any condition

To me he is the greatest of all time, his career ended a year later than it really should have, his demons and injuries were to great for him to bear

The world will not see his like again and statues should be made of him smiling, [that language is not necessary] baseball bat in one hand and ky jelly or tobasco sauce in the other overlooking one David Gallop in the position once known as 'coitus more ferarum' preferably with tears in his eyes and dread in his face

Last edited by a moderator:
Best player I saw live is Wally Lewis. My greatest memory of him is the try he scored in origin in 89 where he beat 5 defenders to score and he was injured, he showed the tremendous courage that night. He was a player who could change a game through either a strong run, a deft pass, a tactical kick or smothering defence. He did his work when not playing in the Sydney competition and I think that helped him a great deal as the origin games were his big 3 games each season. There were others at the time who were great and I could mention many of them but there was only one Wally Lewis!
Only 5,pfft Bozo stepped 13 plus his own teammates against Newtown at Brooky

Jarryd Hayne is the best player I have ever seen. His also the stupidest.

I can't even pick a best centre between our last 2 centres as both were sensational for the club, I've not seen the ilk of that combination before and i doubt i will again

My pick is Brett Stewart though, had everything his position needed early in his career, have you ever seen anyone legitimately tunnel ball a try assist before? Or since? The outright audacity and skill level is unsurpassed, his kick returns were garbage though pure and simple

This ****er dead dropped a ****ing rampaging prop while standing still, he should have been ran over given he was around 25kg lighter and he had one of the most forgettable bodies to ever grace the field, i mean **** the bloke had the ****ing shoulders of a 10 year old girl weighing approximately 10kg,we called him the Prince of Brookvale but Rabs was right to call him Mr Magic

His career didn't do him justice, his injuries robbed him of higher fame and an animal cost him millions for something he clearly never did nor would do in any condition

To me he is the greatest of all time, his career ended a year later than it really should have, his demons and injuries were to great for him to bear

The world will not see his like again and statues should be made of him smiling, [that language is not necessary] baseball bat in one hand and ky jelly or tobasco sauce in the other overlooking one David Gallop in the position once known as 'coitus more ferarum' preferably with tears in his eyes and dread in his face

Sorry to the mod i offended

I personally consider that particular slur a owned word by the community it once offended

That community refers to itself as that particular word, my usage of the slur was not meant to be a racist attack on anyone and in my honest opinion is not a vile word like the N- bomb post mid 1980s when said community took full ownership removing all ill will from the slur and rendering it nearly harmless to all, you use the n-bomb and you can expect a well punched face as it's still harmful and invokes thoughts of slavery and that you're belittling the person you've used it against as less than human, you try to use the aforementioned slur as an insult and you're more likely to be laughed in the face of and seen as a troglodyte not worthy of an assault charge

I used it as more a shorthanded way of describing the baseball bat post-inbeded nails transformation into said 'superweapon'

Anyway won't do again either way

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7