Best player you have ever seen.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
With JT probably cooked who is the best player you have ever seen in your lifetime.
You don't have to be Methuselah to name one because no matter what vintage you are you would have a preference.
It's hard to put biases aside with players from other clubs but sometimes necessary.
Fortunately I don't have to because the best in my time is a player who single handedly won the toughest, most brutal, closely marked GF of all in 73.
That man is our very own Bob 'Bozo' Fulton.

Ditto, and Mal Reilly rates a mention too although injury curtailed his exploits a touch.
I sometimes wonder if I look back with rose coloured glasses. However when a player stands that far above the pack I'm pretty sure he would dominate in any era.

For me and the period I grew up in I'd have to say Jamie Lyon, easily my favorite player of all time so far he was the one bloke I'd actually cry about when I was younger if he was out. His iconic almost every game try where he'd chase through a grubber from the halfback and slide in and score. I also loved Snake, his raw pace and ball playing ability made him a joy to watch.

Probably Andrew johns. I'm only 36 so I saw him come through from a kid.

Cliffy is my favourite. He was a magician.

Thurston is up there though. And as much as it displeases me to say it Cameron smith is a phenomenon. Not sure though if he is a product of the right coaching style wrestling tactics and being under the games best coach. Thurston dragged the cowboys into being a competitive force and Johns single handedly won comps for Newcastle.

Other notable mentions Lazarus Clyde and Sunboy Peckham.

Thurston is up there though. And as much as it displeases me to say it Cameron smith is a phenomenon. Not sure though if he is a product of the right coaching style wrestling tactics and being under the games best coach. Thurston dragged the cowboys into being a competitive force and Johns single handedly won comps for Newcastle.

Top End. Please explain.
I'm just not familiar with one of those players you mentioned??

For me and the period I grew up in I'd have to say Jamie Lyon, easily my favorite player of all time so far he was the one bloke I'd actually cry about when I was younger if he was out. His iconic almost every game try where he'd chase through a grubber from the halfback and slide in and score. I also loved Snake, his raw pace and ball playing ability made him a joy to watch.
Killer is the best centre we have had since Bozo imo.
A very worthy choice Turbo.
If in 30 years you've seen a better one I'll be surprised.

Brett Kenny for mine. Look at his record against Lewis in SOO when they went head to head. He was a freakishly gifted footballer, and as much as I hated Parra you had to acknowledge his ability.

Modern day NRL player would be Johns, he was a rare talent and had the full skill set whether running or passing, solid defense, revolutionary kicking game and a competitive spirit.

Andrew Johns was the best I saw. I only saw glimpses of Wally Lewis and thought Johns was better.

Never saw Fulton play, but from what I hear he was amazing. Big Arthur Beetson I've also been told was great.

For me though, Cliffy was the best player to watch playing. He was a magician that fooled the defence time and time again.

Cameron Smith will go down as the best player of all time after he retires IMO. The Thurston love fest will end soon and people will realise the most influential player on the game over the 12years is old referee Cam. He has so much control over games and will pull that play that needs to be produced. I fear dirty now after saying something nice about scam.

Yep, I'm on the Cliffy bandwagon as well.

What sets him above others, for me, was that you could never predict what he was going to do - you'd be watching him thinking 'there's nothing on here, nothing on here, nothing...still nothing' then 'bloody hell, what just happened? What did he just do?' as someone ran over for a try or Beaver accelerated into a gap.

I've never seen a player quite as 'magic' as him, that's the only way I can put it.

Yep, I'm on the Cliffy bandwagon as well.

What sets him above others, for me, was that you could never predict what he was going to do - you'd be watching him thinking 'there's nothing on here, nothing on here, nothing...still nothing' then 'bloody hell, what just happened? What did he just do?' as someone ran over for a try or Beaver accelerated into a gap.

I've never seen a player quite as 'magic' as him, that's the only way I can put it.
I remember tim sheens told daley , clyde and co to get up on lyons and stop his movement, and thats all she wrote..... haha to good .

I'm the same age as you and funnily enough I agree with your thoughts entirely!

Best all round Manly player is Graham Eadie for me. I was so blessed to have watched him live, for many years and never saw him shirk his tackling, goal kicking and try scoring duties :clap:

Cliffy was God in effortlessly making time stand still and a gap appear in front of our eyes.

Never ceases to amaze me when watching a replay, the magical way he conjured up tries. o_O
I try and pause the play before to see what he anticipated, but more often than not, Cliffy had a Chess Masters view of the field and was quiet a few plays ahead in his attack - Manly Magic :clap:

So happy to found the most satisfying Team to support, by falling in love with the Manly area - Gods Country :inlove:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8