Best Player to play!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
Hey you've probably had this thread 1 - 10 times before but i wasn't involed i wanna know who you guys think is the best player to have played

I think andrew johns just ahead of wally lewis and then probably graham langlands from the footage i have seen of langlands he was bloody good!!

so:
1. Andrew Johns
2. Wally Lewis
3. Graham Langlands

Andrew Johns when he's fit. The way he demolished QLD last year in the 2nd game was unbelievable.

I hear Bobby Fulton was awesome!

But I cant remember him Play.

from my memory Ricky Stewart was the best for longevity.

yeah true mate i have alot of respect for how ricky stuart played!!

He was bloody good, yeah i wasn't around for bobby fulton either or langlands as i said before but i have seen numerous games before cuz i really like digging up old school games and watching and they were both exceptional

Game 2 was the best game i have seen any player play before i was absolutely astounded at his efforts, he really is a freak and i'm grateful to be alive to see the bloke play!!

being an ex bears supporter aswell i would rate florimo as the best player to play for them, or maybe even larson!!

At least when i went for the bears i got to keep watching past the last round of the comp!!

In saying that though i couldn't go for them if they came back in, love the eagles too much now

But hey had to stick up for em!

At least when i went for the bears i got to keep watching past the last round of the comp!!

In saying that though i couldn't go for them if they came back in, love the eagles too much now

:lol: :lol:

so did us Manly fans, excluding 99

All power to you champ. In the last 8 years of the comp, Manly have made it into the finals once. Here's some questions for everyone...How many times in the last 8 years of the Bears existence did THEY make it into the finals?

i'm gonna have a stab at it??? (are you including the northern eagles??)

as the bears (this is off the top off my head )

1999 - no
1998 - no
1997 - yes
1996 - yes
1995 - yes
1994 - yes
1993 - no??
1992 - no??
1991 - yes

who are the bears?? the bears are goooone!

They are Chicago's team in the NFL, That must be the bears you are talking about cause no Australian sporting team of any consequence has ever been called the bears :yeah:
:yeah:

[quote author=Nutzcraw]

All power to you champ. In the last 8 years of the comp, Manly have made it into the finals once. Here's some questions for everyone...How many times in the last 8 years of the Bears existence did THEY make it into the finals?
[/quote]

I would say every damn year. But no GF victories and no GF appearances.

If they had some how survived how many finals apprerances would have they made since 99? I would say maybe 1, and thats being generous.

Anyway they are dead so it means nothing.

Yes, I was also a bears supporter. Dad bought me my first beer in North Sydney Leagues Club at age 9. Almost got me laid there too (some years later). Thanks Dad.

Florimo was best for the Bears. Met him and Larson, Farliegh etc, Great guys.

But to the question at hand. Its impossible to compare olden day to present day, but I saw Langlands & Fulton play,,,,,but I still am astounded at Andrew Johns. He gets my vote because he has been able to inovate in this game while the game has moved faster than at other times in previous eras. A brilliant player that i think should be an immortal one day.

He also surfs and in the place i live thats pretty important.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2