Best part of 2009

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Well for me it was watching the news last night and seeing all those low life Parra fans crying and winging about how Archer cost them the GF.

Magnificent to watch, made this season a bit easier to swallow for me.

The Wheel link said:
Well for me it was watching the news last night and seeing all those low life Parra fans crying and winging about how Archer cost them the GF.

Magnificent to watch, made this season a bit easier to swallow for me.

That and Saints falling over in the finals were just awesome highlights. I tried to tell both supporter friends that they shouldn't get their hopes up, that it takes a lot to win a premiership and nothing is guaranteed in the NRL. They laughed at me and told me that they were going to win.

Parra celebrated after they got into the GF and whilst they put up a decent showing they were only ever going to be lucky to win.

Oh well.......hopefully they have both learned a lesson in humility

The runner up for me was the Parra/Saints semi after hayne scored with about 5 mins to go - the cameras went to the exits and it was just full of St George fans in their sickenly white jumpers doing the walk of shame.  That was great to see even though we had just been knocked out of the comp.

Have to agree Dan, St George & Parra celebrated far too early for mine.

Hmmmm highlights hey?

St George living up to everyones expectations.

Kimmorley showing his true form in the most important game of the year (thus allowing me to say to my Canterbury supporting husband HA HA that's what Kimmorley does best)

Cronulla and Easts playing for the spoon.

Parra losing the grand final. Seriously they were 10 wins from 11 games no way in hell they were pulling off a grand final victory.

Melbourne scoring 23 points in the grand final - good for them, it's 23 more than they scored last year LOL

I've got 3 season highlights:

1. B.Stewy's 3 try comeback match against the Tigers.
2. Smashing the Titans in round 26 at Brookie.
3. The season ending in a rather boring and predictable GF - unlike last year's awesome one.
GO MANLY 2010!

Season highlight:
The anticipation prior to the off field dramas and the start of the season.

Looking foward to:
Bullet clearing his good name and the apology from Gallop that should (isnt expected) be forthcoming when he does.

Manly coming from only winning 2 from there first 8 and still managing to challenge for the top 4 at the end.

Looking forward to: Starting 2010 where we left of in 2008 and 2009 will just be forgotten.

Win over the Dogs was a highlight for me. Getting some revenge for being jumped in the first round but also showing that even though we were well below our potential (which we were all year perhaps last Titans match excepted) we were still too good, for a side I never rated above competent.

Should remember that Manly alongside still being world club champions did claim two other titles, the Qld Cup (sort of) and the u20s minor premiership, all things Manly has never won before.

Not much to jump up and down about compared to 2008 but even in a bad year we win more than most other clubs.

Arko-admirer link said:
Win over the Dogs was a highlight for me. Getting some revenge for being jumped in the first round but also showing that even though we were well below our potential (which we were all year perhaps last Titans match excepted) we were still too good, for a side I never rated above competent.

Should remember that Manly alongside still being world club champions did claim two other titles, the Qld Cup (sort of) and the u20s minor premiership, all things Manly has never won before.

Not much to jump up and down about compared to 2008 but even in a bad year we win more than most other clubs.

Some good points there Arko.
Are you sure you are not the real Ken?

Apart from winning both the tipping comps I was in for $..

I really, really loved THIS MATCH played at Gosford on Friday 24 July (round 20).

Also watching Robertson & Ballin build to eventually string together some wonderful on-field plays, especially with Orford firing sometimes, whilst Snake was out.

Zep link said:
Manly coming from only winning 2 from there first 8 and still managing to challenge for the top 4 at the end.

Looking forward to: Starting 2010 where we left of in 2008 and 2009 will just be forgotten.
Both good comments. After our start to the year finishing fifth was quite an achievement and if St George hadn't been such pretenders we would have had another crack in the finals.
From the disastrous beginning of the season I think most of us have been looking for 2010 and I believe that Manly can regain the toughness of '08.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4