Best 10 forwards since 1990

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
Regardless of how long they played, rate your top 10 forwards you've seen (excluding hookers) and Brad Fittler since 1990.
Looking at Trbojevic at such a young age I can see him perhaps making this list one day.
Here's mine with one or two words to describe them:

1. Brad Clyde - Fitness, Talented
2. SBW - Freak ..... Freak
3. Sam Burgess - Winner/Tough
4. Glenn Lazurus - Bullocking/ Successful
5. Ben Kennedy - Skillful/Inspirational
6. Shane Webke - Warhorse
7. Gordon Tallis - Terrorising/Fast
8. Adrian Morley - Fearless/Dominant
9. Steve Menzies- Try scorer
10. Ruben Wiki - Competitor

Notable mentions .... Hindmarsh, Sironen, Roach, Toni Carroll, Watmough, Harragon

For me the great forwards are those that won comps for their clubs through their prescence, work ethic and intimidation factors.

So to me Glenn Lazarus is no.1. His record is unbelievable. 5 premierships with 3 clubs, plus his origin and test record.

In no particular order for the others I'd have Adrian Morley. Nothing sums up his impact than the 2002 gf when Fittler was hammered by Villisanti. Morley just went nuts. Then there is the Chief. Newcastle don't win in 97 without him, and then add another Knights great, BK. Again they don't win 01 without him. Plus his effect with us. Bradley Clyde is a no brainer. Just a brilliant talent.

Tallis has to be there, in his prime he was just terrifying. Beaver has to be there. His try scoring record alone is magnificent. But then add his tackling........I'd also have to consider Brent Kite. Mainly because as I said it's about the contribution to winning titles. And when kitey had good years we won comps, so if he's not quite there he's very close.

SBW also. I always thought he was overrated, so when the roosters brought him back expecting a title I thought they were deluded. Again they don't win in 13 without him (que the comments that they don't win without shayne Hayne ....and that's fine too). But great players make things happen and he had a shocking first half in the gf only to blow it apart in the 2nd half.

Bradley Clyde
Steven Menzies
Glenn Lazarus
Gordon Tallis
Sonny Bill Williams
Anthony Watmough
Paul Gallen
Ben Kennedy
Chief Harragon
Sam Burgess

Glenn Lazarus
Steve Menzies
Bradley Clyde
Petero Civoniceva
Paul Harragon
Shane Webcke
Adrian Morley
Tawera Nikau
Sam Burgess
Ben Kennedy

Honourable mentions to Ian Roberts, Mark Carroll, Brad Thorn, Brent Kite, Glenn Stewart and Anthony Watmough.

Nik Kosef's knees count him out of the discussion unfortunately.

Cement was great for Manly when he came here, but the reality was that his best was in the late 80's and early 90's. By the time he came to us his career was winding down and his rep career, despite his good form for Manly, would never have gone past 1994 had the ARL not excluded SL players in 1995.

Gallen/Roberts should of been in my notable mentions but couldn't se them replacing any of my top 10, perhaps Wiki.

No Particular Order

Steve Menzies
Bradley Clyde
Ian Roberts
Paul Harragon
Shane Webcke
Gordon Tallis
Glen Lazarus
Sam Burgess
Ben Kennedy
S B Williams

Latest posts