Benji Marshall Questioned by Police

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
custom-rifle2.jpg

Benji now charged.  Whilst i congratulate him for punching the racist d!ck, it's going to be very interesting to see what stance the club and NRL will take.  Just a fine?  Like Brett, the Face of the Game is a much bigger profile than a star like Choc or Carney... who knows.

Just because he's been charged doesn't mean he's guilty.

Remember B.Stewart?

Lets all just wait and see.

nodd link said:
Just because he's been charged doesn't mean he's guilty.

Remember B.Stewart?

Lets all just wait and see.

I agree, that said my info is that there is pretty damning CCTV footage.

If Gallup goes soft on this, he should go. I'm not asking for 4 weeks here, but surely the NRL cannot be seen to be soft on violence no matter the provocation.

I think both gallop & the NRL have learned their lessons from the Stewart Saga. They won't publicaly admit they were wrong but it's obvious from their press statement today from how they are handling it now that they have learned from their terrible mistake.

The NRL also released a statement saying they would closely monitor the affair and conduct any additional inquiries they deem necessary.

\"It is always important that the club is given the opportunity to examine the facts and report to the NRL before we determine whether there is a need for intervention on our part,\" NRL chief executive David Gallop said in the statement.

\"This will also no doubt depend on some of the issues being investigated by police.

At the time we all hated how Brett was treated and thought it was unfair, just because we wan't revenge doesn't mean the NRL should make the same mistakes again and start standing players down / fining clubs until the courts have had their say.

Who was the guy with Benji.  Was he a minder, a team mate or just a mate?  Just because someone targets you (as they often do with high profile players) doesn't mean you have to take the bait.  If some drunk wanker calls you names you should laugh in his face and walk away.  If he throws the first punch, then you are free to retaliate likewise.  I bet if you asked Benji today if he acted in the correct manner he would say no.  I bet he would say he should have just walked away and let the other wanker have his pathetic "win" over you.  All and sundry within ear shot of the hole episode would know who the bigger man was.

All we need to move on is an admission of the error and an apology. Pretty simple really. Gallop has no credibility and no respect whilst he continues to fumble his way from one crisis to the next. If they have learnt from their mistake then admit it, and we'll all give them the benefit of the doubt and get on with life.

If the allegations, and the circumstances, are true, i commend Benji for smashing the bloke.

In fact, he should have given him a royal hiding and perhaps that would deter other 'contenders' in future and eliminate ridiculous incidents like this.

If it was one of our boys i would be supporting them all the way.

Zab, you're a fool.  Hitting someone, no matter what for, is just stupid.  The use of force, off the field, is just wrong.  I don't think anyone changes their attitude by being smacked.  Next time they'd just bag someone smaller, or bring out something larger.  Benji Marshall should have walked away and exercised control, just like Brett Stewart did by not getting stuck into the girl's crazy aggro father when he could have.       

DSM5 link said:
Zab, you're a fool.  Hitting someone, no matter what for, is just stupid.  The use of force, off the field, is just wrong.  I don't think anyone changes their attitude by being smacked.  Next time they'd just bag someone smaller, or bring out something larger.  Benji Marshall should have walked away and exercised control, just like Brett Stewart did by not getting stuck into the girl's crazy aggro father when he could have.       

X 2, attitudes like Zab is what gets players into trouble in the first place. Zab is a dinosaur who won't change. Best to just ignore such idiotic comments.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
just heard on ABC radio that  Benji Marshall has been charged with assault

Just saw the nes on TV and they have confirmed Benji has been charged and say make no mistake this is a serious offence.

By the way gallop won't admit he was wrong whether he was or not. It simply puts the nrl in a difficult place legally

Charged with assault. Bringing the game into disrepute. The face of league. It better be a suspension and fine or this dickhead Gallop needs to go. Once again the media start dredging up the B Stewart incident and again they are misreporting what happened with Brett. They cant help themselves these ****ing leaches they just make **** up to tell their own slimy story irrespective of the facts.

Jonesyv2 link said:
I think both gallop & the NRL have learned their lessons from the Stewart Saga.

No. I dont believe they have at all. Quite the opposite.

The term "judge each case on its merits" is classic bureaucratic administrative law double speak for making a judgement in one case and sidestepping comparisons to another same/similar case.

Its being over used a lot lately by the NRL.

There is no consistency because Gallop screwed up on these type of issues from the beginning and will not now point the spotlight onto those errors.

Finally !! my comments got some kind of reaction.

It's good to be loved.

Oh i wish i could be as righteous as thee. Surely you can't blame a man for protecting his culture.

I love dinosaurs - but nonetheless, the guy deserved a smack in the mouth if what has been reported is correct.

NRL players are human after all.

Latest article says alcohol was a factor. So its exactly the same situation brett found himself in with the same amount of information/speculation available to the NRL.

So really, it's an instant 4 week suspension or gallop will look like a gutless goose. The simularities are so great that he can't talk his way out of making any other decision. If anything, its worse because benji has admitted to being involved.

Very much looking forward to seeing what garbage gallop comes up with to justify leniency.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6