Benji Marshall Questioned by Police

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gallop constantly refers to this 'misconduct' issue.  I'd like someone to ask him exactly what that issue is.  The guy's a small time lawyer promoted above his ability.  It's obvious.

No of course not. Graeme Hughes on Talking Sport says he is going to ask the NRL exactly what evidence they had of Brett's 'misconduct' that justified a 4 week ban. We'll see what he comes up with tomorrow.

Keep us informed SeaEagleRock8.  That is the one issue that Gallop hangs his hat on constantly and no-one has pinned him down.

DSM5 link said:
Keep us informed SeaEagleRock8.  That is the one issue that Gallop hangs his hat on constantly and no-one has pinned him down.

Yes, I would like to know that too.

No worries, but not sure if I can listen tomorrow. If I hear anything I'll post it.

The people on that show are often anti-Gallop, certainly they find it laughable that he will continue as CEO, and a fair amount of support for Brett has also been expressed over the last couple of years.

Brookie4eva link said:
Full NRL statement here - http://www.nrl.com/nrl-statement-regarding-benji-marshall/tabid/10874/newsid/61606/default.aspx

But the interesting paragraph -

\"In the case of matters where the NRL finds a player’s behaviour has breached the NRL or the club’s code of conduct prior to him being charged, particularly in relation to alcohol abuse, the NRL reserves the right to act in regard to those matters that are not subject to dispute in the court. In the Brett Stewart case, the NRL publicly stated that it was suspending the player over conduct earlier in the evening and that it made no judgment in relation to the charge which was later to result in a ‘not guilty’ verdict.  The jury made no finding in relation to events other than the sexual assault allegations.\"

So they are saying Benji only did the assault not any other poor behaviour and wasn't pissed, so let the assault charges go through court with no other penalty.

But with Brett, he was suspended for his behaviour prior to him going home, and not the charges he had laid against him.

At least they are trying to cover their arse here, as poorly as it is.

If what he is saying here is that Brett was suspended because of his conduct at the season launch, then why didn't the NRL also give Watmough a 4 game suspension?
Gallop will never admit it, but the answer is that Watmough didn't have sexual assault allegations made against him.

Based on what's been reported it seems:

Gallop thought that someone unidentified suspected that Brett might have been intoxicated at an official function.  That is the entirety of his evidence to support his allegations.  An untested and disputed rumour.  

No breath test, no blood test, no opportunity afforded to Brett to test this allegation through cross-examination. No opportunity to defend himself without compromising his legal defence against the most serious of allegations. A four week suspension for an allegation which no player has ever previously or subsequently received even a one week suspension.

So Gallop has now decided:
1.  A total cleanskin player that someone thinks might be intoxicated during an official function, without evidence proving that suspicion, and who responsibly catches a cab home should be suspended for four weeks.  
2.  A teammate who someone thinks might be intoxicated during that same official function, and who allegedly punches a sponsor during that function, should receive zero weeks suspension.
3.  Other players who reportedly were intoxicated during that same function should receive zero weeks suspension.
4.  A high-profile repeat offender who is caught by police and was shown by objective testing, and admitted to be intoxicated and driving over the legal limit, once again risking others' lives, should receive zero weeks suspension.
5.  A face-of-the-game player who apparently admitted he initiated a physical assault on another person, apparently after admitting drinking, should receive zero weeks suspension.

That the cleanskin has been judged to have brought the game into disrepute solely because of an unproven allegation of merely consuming alcohol beyond a subjective limit, without any antisocial or illegal behaviour.  Whereas the others who have allegedly/admitted to have broken the law have been judged to have not brought the game into disrepute.  

The cleanskin is subject to double demerits and face of the game penalty provisions, whereas in comparable situations, other players are not.

Anyone who believes that Gallop has "learned a lesson" are implicitly calling him an habitual liar, because he has repeatedly, emphatically and overtly clarified that he believed each case has been correctly and consistently determined on its merits.  There is no evidence that Gallop has learned any lesson whatsoever.  There is only evidence of inconsistent decisions. The rest is unsupported wild speculation.

I was watching the sports channel on fox tonight and the journos were giving it to Gallop in spades about inconsistencies in our game.
At one stage they asked a question about Carney and Gallop replied "Brett" before he pulled himself up and proceeded to talk about Todd Carney.
I got the feeling by his Freudian slip that he's a very worried man, perhaps we haven't heard the end of this.

manlyborn link said:
I was watching the sports channel on fox tonight and the journos were giving it to Gallop in spades about inconsistencies in our game.
At one stage they asked a question about Carney and Gallop replied \"Brett\" before he pulled himself up and proceeded to talk about Todd Carney.
I got the feeling by his Freudian slip that he's a very worried man, perhaps we haven't heard the end of this.

graham Hughes on Talkin sport got into him yesterday arvo as well

Rex you've nailed the inconsistencies.  Gallop needs to be sued by the club for loss of income.
Gallop needs to be put out of the game.

Rex has hammered the same position for a long time. Every time Gallop opens his mouth one of Rex's points jumps into my head and I start swearing at the tv again. Keep up the good work.

I don't care if Gallop is scared of any legal consequences for the NRL. He needs to apologise or at least make a statement that allows us Manly fans and Brett and his family to move on. Talk it over between parties and find agreement. His constant reference to Brett having done something wrong when it is proven through evidence and at law that he didn't isn't acceptable. He must stop this rubbish and fix it or get the hell out of our game.

Benji victim breaks silence

Clementine Cuneo and Tim Volmer From: The Daily Telegraph March 15, 2011 e

953268-benji-marshall-victim.jpg

Benji's victim ... The man who was allegedly assaulted outside McDonald's. Picture: John Grainger Source: The Daily Telegraph
THE man NRL star Benji Marshall allegedly punched in the mouth following an early-morning dispute has broken his silence.

The alleged victim has told The Daily Telegraph: "I'm not after fame, I'm not after publicity. I just want justice”.

The man has also addressed claims he made racial slurs against New Zealand-born Marshall before the alleged bashing in George St in the early hours of March 5.

The alleged victim's brother said Marshall was goaded. He said "Lockyer is better than him".

Tomorrow The Daily Telegraph reveals what the man says of the claims.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6