Benji Marshall Questioned by Police

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If i threw a punch back in the day every time i got called a dirty wog and told to go back to my own country i'd be in jail by now.

I feel bad for Benji that he couldn't just let it go and reacted the way he did. But really for him to have that reaction the guy must have really been in his face with it and not just slinging insults in passing. I'm sure benji cops it a lot so there must have been something particularly bad this time that made him flip out and start swinging. The guy may have been aggressive with him and in his face.
Just wish i was there so i could have punched the guy for him and saved him the drama. The douche probably gets into fights every weekend and only went to the cops this time because it was benji.

.......that ole saying of 'nothing good happens after midnight......' rings true here.

Chip & Chase link said:
As much as I think Gallop is a weak willed muppet, if what is reported is true (and that is a BIG if) and Marshall has responded to racial taunts by punching some moron in the face then good on him. I would hate to see him suspended for that.

Exactly. And not only that but one of the peons has decided to report Marshall for assault. I just don't get how people can expect to act like obnoxious ****s and the law will protect them from the consequences.

Whether it was racial or not Marshall should have copped it and left. Why was he out at 3am, I bet he was drinking coffee. FMD let's see what lame excuse the goose comes up with.

swoop link said:
Whether it was racial or not Marshall should have copped it and left. Why was he out at 3am, I bet he was drinking coffee. FMD let's see what lame excuse the goose comes up with.

He probably does cop it most of the time, this time he's snapped and clocked the guy, then the guy he hit has gone off and cried to the cops. If you went up to a maori and called him a black **** what do you think would happen?

Cletus link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=186665.msg319976#msg319976 date=1299326075]

He probably does cop it most of the time, this time he's snapped and clocked the guy, then the guy he hit has gone off and cried to the cops. If you went up to a maori and called him a black c$%* what do you think would happen?
[/quote]

Mate I come from an italian background and copped plenty racial abuse. Some of these league players are pussies. What was Marshall doing out at 3am? I bet he was drinking and because he was drinking his lack of judgement ended up belting the guy.

Remember this guy is the face of rugby league who has alledgely belted a guy.

swoop link said:
[quote author=Cletus link=topic=186665.msg319977#msg319977 date=1299327355]
[quote author=swoop link=topic=186665.msg319976#msg319976 date=1299326075]

He probably does cop it most of the time, this time he's snapped and clocked the guy, then the guy he hit has gone off and cried to the cops. If you went up to a maori and called him a black c$%* what do you think would happen?
[/quote]

Mate I come from an italian background and copped plenty racial abuse. Some of these league players are pussies. What was Marshall doing out at 3am? I bet he was drinking and because he was drinking his lack of judgement ended up belting the guy.

Remember this guy is the face of rugby league who has alledgely belted a guy.
[/quote]

Well I don't really care if he did belt someone. Yes Marshall should have just copped it but the guy was clearly asking for it. It reminds me of the time Anasta got king hit by someone and turned the other cheek. Do the players have to act like Jesus and turn the other cheek?

The problem for Gallop now is that only the most stupid and gullible of people would believe that a cleanskin allegedly drinking to the point where he was refused service of alcohol and then peacefully catching a cab home brings the game into disrepute. 

(long diatribe edited for Dan)

Rex, just because there is somewhere around 150,000 words in the English language does not mean you need to try to use that many all the time, note by no means am I saying your vernacular is that large, you use the same words over and over again.

I guess what I am saying is that whilst a spade may be called a an implement with a handle and a sharpened end used for digging, it is also simply known as a spade.

Back to the topic at hand it seems to me this argument happens several times every year and I have yet to see any real progress on any side in it really

Your repudiation of Rex's hyperlexia reminds me of a Keating quote:

"That you Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a f***ing dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of **** over the rest of us."

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=186665.msg319951#msg319951 date=1299317572]
I tried to emulate Ridge

Did you ever make it onto The Bold & The Beautiful ?
[/quote]

Im not over 600 years old still screwing the same women i was when i was 15

Nce quote but I would replace "dictionary" with "complete dr seuss collection"

Am I to read you didn't enjoy the bedtime story then Dan? :)

Rothfield has put up another article:

Don't punish Benji Marshall just because he's the face of the NRL

THE rugby league world will be waiting with interest for the NRL to act on the Benji Marshall case.

Trying to predict player punishment is harder than winning Lotto.

The NRL is the opposite to a court of law in that chief executive David Gallop does not reward players for clean records.

In fact, it's the opposite.

Manly superstar Brett Stewart was suspended for four weeks two years ago because he transgressed when he was the face of the game.

Todd Carney escaped suspension despite being charged with a criminal offence - and he had a shocking list of prior misdemeanours.

Work that out.

Stewart's case went to the NRL board. Carney's didn't.

Work that out.

Stewart didn't get a face-to-face meeting with Gallop. Carney did.

Work that out.

So we move on to Benji, the newly anointed face of the game. Will this latest incident go to the board like Brett Stewart?

Will he get lashed with a feather like Carney?

Surely commonsense will prevail.

Benji should not have reacted, no matter what the provocation.

He should have walked away from it.

But he should not be punished because he is the face of the game.

What happened to Brett Stewart should never be allowed to happen again.

Benji Marshall should be cleared to play next weekend.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/znrl/dont-punish-benji-marshall-just-because-hes-the-face-of-the-nrl/story-e6frfgh6-1226016432083

Much more concise and articulate, I agree. Just as well the world has Phil and you as perfect models Dan.

I would hope the world could do far better than me.

It's funny that on one hand rothfield is up in arms about the double standards with Stewart but now is suddenly saying treat benji differently

Rothfield wants the drama, sells newspapers.
Manly wants the exposure. Exposure of Gallop's filthy laundry.

Fair exchange.

I don't care anymore, I just want to see Brett bag a hatrick against the Storm. Thank christ the offseason is over. Well almost.

Valuable lesson from all this is that you give NOTHING away to David Gallop.

Manly apparently said something in their report like they could have handled the launch better, and he has repeatedly said things like "Manly admit they could have handled things better" to suggest that was proof that Manly are therefore guilty and his $100k fine & 4 week suspension are therefore justified.  Huge jumps in logic, but hey he's a lawyer.

The lesson: David Gallop can never be trusted as if he's your friend.

I'm actually at the other end of the scale. Benji shouldn't be punished here the ****ers that called him a black so and so deserved eveything they got!!

I am in two minds on this, firstly this idiot likely deserved all he got and more, frankly the fact that he was able to find his way to the police station to make a complaint is a pity if he is the kind of coward who can call a man racist names and then run to the police when it all goes wrong.

In that sense I would hate to see Benji punished, perhaps told he has to attend some course on how to deal with confrontation and give 50 appearances at primary schools on the topic of being a bigger man and walking away. Anything more is overkill.

On the other hand I am enjoying seeing Gallop struggle.

I guess what I am saying is that no one deserves the treatment that Stewart got, and I don't wish it upon anyone, the perfect outcome is not the Stewart incident becoming precedent but rather Gallop being forced to apologize for his massive screw up. Wont happen however.

I am telling you, the NRL doesn't apologize, watch for Brett to win the DM medal this year, that will be the way the code says sorry.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7