[Resurrected] Ben Trbojevic hoping to follow in footsteps of big brothers at Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It’s taken you this long?
I’ve always had a high opinion of his defence,couldn’t run out of sight on a dark night,but noticed more how indifferent the defence of so many centres in the game is.Staggs is lauded for his attack but very ordinary in defence

I flip and flop with Parker,mainly due to the potential of having Tuipulotu playing there and having Saab back(yes i maybe on my own with the my positivity around what Saab can offer) but the more I watch other centres more I realise that there’s not many,if any,better defensive centres

Crichton
Graham
Olam
Manu
Are all better defensive centres and light years faster.

Parker does try his guts out thou.

It’s taken you this long?
I’ve always had a high opinion of his defence,couldn’t run out of sight on a dark night,but noticed more how indifferent the defence of so many centres in the game is.Staggs is lauded for his attack but very ordinary in defence
Crichton
Stagg
Graham
Olam
Manu
Are all better defensive centres and light years faster.

Parker does try his guts out thou.
Staggs is ordinary in defence.He may stop a bloke head on but his reading of the play and lateral movement is poor.Not to mention the fact Parker is probably on a third of the pay the rest of those guys are on

I’m still not sure on burbo..
I’m sitting on the fence until I see him start atleast 10 games or so, but so far I just don’t get the hype past the surname.. he doesn’t look fast enough to be a back, and he doesn’t look strong enough to be up front…
I’ve never saw him in the juniors so that’s a part of it, but yea, I honestly don’t know where he fits in this team, if he fits at all , at the moment..

Reynolds post game said they’d spotted in their preparation that Manly rush in and that’s why he was able to nail those kicks. It’s Manly’s defensive tactics, so a bit rough to blame Burbo for it.
That may be our tactic,but you have to time when you move up,if you charge up before the ball is even close to being spread wide you are making the decision for Reynolds.
His decision making when choosing to rush up was poor in my opinion and forced Garrick to go with him exposing the space behind.

Whilst I agree,BenT is not a centre at the moment,there was nothing they could do about those Cobbo tries from kicks.They were on early tackles and pin point accurate.I know it’s easy to just blame someone or look for an excuse for tries conceded,but sometimes you just have to give credit to the opposition.If instead of kicking and Reynolds puts the ball through the hands in those plays,they don’t score,other than miss tackles of course
As I just posted,it was him rushing up too early instead of judging when to move up that exposed the space behind.
Don't get me wrong,Reynolds decision making was outstanding and executed perfectly,but when you make the decision for him ....

Ben and Turbo seem to share an ability to get injured. Similar height and build, similar propensity.

The last time I remember Jake being injured was at the back end of 2017, during the international series.

Ben and Turbo seem to share an ability to get injured. Similar height and build, similar propensity.

The last time I remember Jake being injured was at the back end of 2017, during the international series.
Was injured for a period last year with a hip injury.

Yep, Ben following in his brother Turbo’s footsteps for spending more time off the field than on. 👍

Yep, Ben following in his brother Turbo’s footsteps for spending more time off the field than on. 👍
Let’s hope they turn it around.

However genetically, Jurbo looks the most robust of the three. Or maybe it’s just that he trundles around (rather than dash around) the field.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6