[Resurrected] Ben Trbojevic hoping to follow in footsteps of big brothers at Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Based on….four appearances off the bench in 1st grade? Wow.

And didn't Klemmer or Mcguire (some nuffy) nail Burbo in the head on his first carry in his first game??

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do (and if he wants to shove jake into a pond while playing golf again - well, good for the laughs!)

Burbo needs to have a huge off season and build up that body. More size and strength will give him more confidence. I'm hoping he hits his straps next year.

Ok left field silly season suggestion. Could Burbo develop into a back up fullback for his brother? Ben is 193 cm tall, 105 kg Tom is 194 cm tall and 102 kg so body wise no great difference. Not sure about speed wise and at this stage from what we have seen Tom has it well and truly over him with footy IQ.

Do the genes run in the family ???? We know he can run into a hole from his juniors footy running off the Schu and we have seen that he can actually make a tackle.

Could be worth an experiment with Blacktown to see how it goes.

Ok left field silly season suggestion. Could Burbo develop into a back up fullback for his brother? Ben is 193 cm tall, 105 kg Tom is 194 cm tall and 102 kg so body wise no great difference. Not sure about speed wise and at this stage from what we have seen Tom has it well and truly over him with footy IQ.

Do the genes run in the family ???? We know he can run into a hole from his juniors footy running off the Schu and we have seen that he can actually make a tackle.

I've seen him excel as a centre and edge forward. So I think that is his niche. Jake is a middle, Tom is a back, Ben is an edge player.

What does this suggestion actually mean?

Ben T becomes a full-back to play for Blacktown just to be a backup to Tommy when he plays origin or is injured.
No offence, an absolutely stupid idea for Ben T and his progression as a first grader.

Ben T needs to either be a centre to play first grade for Manly and potentially backup to Tommy, or live life as an edge forward to play first grade.

The intent was to play him there for a few games at Blacktown, see how he goes then get him back in the rotation, then during origin or rest periods switch him there if it did work out.

The other alternative should he be in the rotation from the start of the season is move him there during blow out games when we take Tommy off to protect him from injury.

The intent was to play him there for a few games at Blacktown, see how he goes then get him back in the rotation, then during origin or rest periods switch him there if it did work out.

The other alternative should he be in the rotation from the start of the season is move him there during blow out games when we take Tommy off to protect him from injury.
Really haven't seen a lot of Ben this year for obvious reasons to make up my mind on him and what position would best suit him. Hopefully things will get back to normal in 22 and all of our squad players get some decent game time again.

After watching him last night I don't think his future is centre,he got beaten one on one by Graham too often and too easily by just running around him and Graham is not exactly fast(no,it was not due to 12 men,he had him covered one on one and got simply beaten).
In saying that when he has the opportunity to actually line up and hit a defender he is quite aggressive and effective and he is a willing runner even though he drops a few balls.
For me I think his future is the back row as an NRL player.

After watching him last night I don't think his future is centre,he got beaten one on one by Graham too often and too easily by just running around him and Graham is not exactly fast(no,it was not due to 12 men,he had him covered one on one and got simply beaten).
In saying that when he has the opportunity to actually line up and hit a defender he is quite aggressive and effective and he is a willing runner even though he drops a few balls.
For me I think his future is the back row as an NRL player.
I think he’s a bit too cumbersome for the centres but not sure last night was a fair example of to judge him.Campbell is one of the better centres in the game,the team was playing with 12 and the biggest point is one that I brought up a few weeks ago is that players like Ben and DeLuis etc are not getting any game time in the reggies due to Des not wanting them to get injured,then they’re thrown into first grade expecting to fire straight away,a bit unfair.

I think he’s a bit too cumbersome for the centres but not sure last night was a fair example of to judge him.Campbell is one of the better centres in the game,the team was playing with 12 and the biggest point is one that I brought up a few weeks ago is that players like Ben and DeLuis etc are not getting any game time in the reggies due to Des not wanting them to get injured,then they’re thrown into first grade expecting to fire straight away,a bit unfair.
Agree the jury is definitely still out with Ben and until he gets decent minutes either in Reggie’s or NRL we will never know.

Campbell is a good centre,but as I said he is not exactly one of the faster centres and is similar in build and pace to Ben.
I also said in my post and stand by it that the 12 men does not apply,the situations I saw he had him covered one on one and Campbell simply ran around him.
Don't think that game time will magically fix being simply run around and arm grabbing.

Yeah I see him as a Menzies style backrower

*though not implying he is that good

Ben has some size and like a bit of what I saw in some areas but he very green tbh.
Bit playing in nsw cup with Half's they currently have won't really help his development.

I think he needs to start learning off Walker. Once Dylan's gone next year Burbo will be our next impact player off the bench like Walker. Can play in the backs and forwards and has the genes and skills to be a great player.

Good involvement and some tough runs. But a bit grabby in defence, needs to get lower and be better positionally if he’s going to be able to defend well at centre.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6