Ben Condon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
FMD, the reaction is as predictable, as it is pathetic

Who gives a **** what his stats were in his opening games.

Michael Robertson “can’t get a run in a **** Canberra team, useless”

Glenn Hall “been through 3 **** clubs and couldn’t make any of them, crap”

Rose “fat and useless, reserve grader”

Galuvao “old, slow and Crowe doesn’t rate him, waste of money”

The list over the years goes on and on, remember also half a dozen games into their careers Glenn Stewart was too small and Steve Matai was useless as well

You’d think people would learn to actually give people a crack

The same people raving about Townsends influence this year would have said he is a **** signing because the Sharks put him in reserve grade then released him last year

How will he go, who knows, but how about having a look at him first

Last edited:
Played mainly prop for Cutters this year and played some long minutes.
Regularly ran for over 100m and had a couple of games of 150 and 180 metres.
Made 9 out of 10 tackles.
Not the most athletic but a bit of a Darren Britt type,might go all right on the bench as a middle/edge.
More a depth signing for my humble opinion.
Ran for 55 metres,not 40 at NRL level and would like to know how many decoy runs he was used for to get a more accurate indicator of work rate,but yes,not a big name signing.

Please don't try and disprove my stats by lying. Here is a screenshot of his average metres

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220918-105444.png
    Screenshot_20220918-105444.png
    689 KB · Views: 42
FMD, the reaction is as predictable, as it is pathetic

Who gives a **** what his stats were in his opening games.

Michael Robertson “can’t get a run in a **** Canberra team, useless”

Glenn Hall “been through 3 **** clubs and couldn’t make any of them, crap”

Rose “fat and useless, reserve grader”

Galuvao “old, slow and Crowe doesn’t rate him, waste of money”

The list over the years goes on and on, remember also half a dozen games into their careers Glenn Stewart was too small and Steve Matai was useless as well

You’d think people would learn to actually give people a crack

The same people raving about Townsends influence this year would have said he is a **** signing because the Sharks put him in reserve grade then released him last year

How will he go, who knows, but how about having a look at him first

Since his return, Des hasn't been able.to develop a complete cup of coffee let alone an NRL player. In my view, the entire playing group has regressed in both attitude and ability.

I agree though historically he turned okay players into great ones, but once again, we are relying on past glories we've well and truly moved on from.

This squad needs an injection of aggression. Explosive intensity. Quality. Passion. Leadership. Not complete and utter plods like Tuilagi and Condon. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather Raylene Boyle get a run.

Since his return, Des hasn't been able.to develop a complete cup of coffee let alone an NRL player. In my view, the entire playing group has regressed in both attitude and ability.

I agree though historically he turned okay players into great ones, but once again, we are relying on past glories we've well and truly moved on from.

This squad needs an injection of aggression. Explosive intensity. Quality. Passion. Leadership. Not complete and utter plods like Tuilagi and Condon. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather Raylene Boyle get a run.

A few examples, Garrick has developed massively, especially in his fullback play this season from where he was. Everyone here said Croker wasn’t an NRL player, he just won POTY in a different position. Koula and Olakau’atu seem to go ok. When on the park Aloiai has been twice the player he was at the Tigers. Parker has gone from awful to not cringing when I see his name on the list now lol

Again I’ll leave you to bag blokes ability before they’ve even had a game in our jumper, I’ll have a look at them when they arrive. They may turn out the next Corey Waddell, or they could turn out like Isaiah Papalii who was abysmal at the Warriors before they released him

Please don't try and disprove my stats by lying. Here is a screenshot of his average metres
Mate,you need to calm down calling me a liar....
NRL.com stats say 635 metres from 11 games at 57 metres,I will take them over your stats.(He played one game in 2020 for 33 metres)
I am not going to engage you so this will be the last I will discuss it with you because I don't need you to lose your cool over this and start abusing me.

Whilst the bookend Bens may seem better suited to the second row of the Capitol Theatre watching Les Miserables, the real way forward is not about signing superstars (though a few of those would help) as it is about having a clear vision, effective strategy, buy in, and a real team formed.

NRL.com stats say 635 metres from 11 games at 57 metres,I will take them over your stats.(He played one game in 2020 for 33 metres)
I am not going to engage you so this will be the last I will discuss it with you because I don't need you to lose your cool over this and start abusing me.
“Stats are like mini skirts, why they show is great, but what they hide is vital”

A few examples, Garrick has developed massively, especially in his fullback play this season from where he was. Everyone here said Croker wasn’t an NRL player, he just won POTY in a different position. Koula and Olakau’atu seem to go ok. When on the park Aloiai has been twice the player he was at the Tigers. Parker has gone from awful to not cringing when I see his name on the list now lol

Again I’ll leave you to bag blokes ability before they’ve even had a game in our jumper, I’ll have a look at them when they arrive. They may turn out the next Corey Waddell, or they could turn out like Isaiah Papalii who was abysmal at the Warriors before they released him

Those players you listed are about to equal the club's worst ever losing streak. Garrick had a good spell at fullback, yes, but not sure if you saw his last handful? Koula and Olakau'atu have plateaud in my view, but the talent was there from game one, so I don't see improvement, just quality players. I do attribute Olakau'atu's flatter style now to DCE, and poor ball distribution. He improved having ball distributed to him from Foran when DCE was out.

Hearing you saying Condon could turn out to be Isiah Papalii kinda days it all to me mate with where your head's at though.

My screenshot WAS taken from Nrl.com.au stats

Those players you listed are about to equal the club's worst ever losing streak. Garrick had a good spell at fullback, yes, but not sure if you saw his last handful? Koula and Olakau'atu have plateaud in my view, but the talent was there from game one, so I don't see improvement, just quality players. I do attribute Olakau'atu's flatter style now to DCE, and poor ball distribution. He improved having ball distributed to him from Foran when DCE was out.

Hearing you saying Condon could turn out to be Isiah Papalii kinda days it all to me mate with where your head's at though.

Yeah I saw Garrick out there on 1 leg having a go the last 4-5 that he played. “The talent was there from game one”, who developed that talent prior to game 1 ?

The same players had a huge losing streak at the end of 2020 and start of 2021, and played in the prelim final later that year, don’t really see the point.

I’d guarantee that if we signed Isaiah Papalii on his 2020 from, you would have been blowing up deluxe at how **** he was

My head is at the point where I need this bloody cast cut off my leg to not be as grumpy haha

Last edited:
Yeah I saw Garrick out there on 1 leg having a go the last 4-5 that he played. “The talent was there from game one”, who developed that talent prior to game 1 ?

The same players had a huge losing streak at the end of 2020 and start of 2021, and played in the prelim final later that year, don’t really see the point.

I’d guarantee that if we signed Isaiah Papalii on his 2020 from, you would have been blowing up deluxe at how **** he was

My head is at the point where I need this bloody cast cut off my leg to not be as grumpy haha

Now that we've seen how good Weekes was at fullback, I do hope we never have to see Garrick at fullback again. Garrick was decent there as far as I'm concerned. Kid is oozing talent, and like others have said, I'd love to see him in a Jamie Lyon type centre role.

In regards Papalii, I'm unsure to be truthful, because I can't stand The eels and don't watch them haha. I haven't watched one final so far.

But you agree we need big, mobile, explosive, aggressive, experienced leaders right now to turn this ship around don't you ? Bear in mind we've lost our highest average metre maker in Taupau, and Walker who played as a utility forward and was one of the only sources of intensity and spark for us.

Even with them, we were getting stomped week in week out, and not close games. Floggings.

Do you really think Condon, and Tuilagi are the answer here? You do want us to improve, don't you ?

Go look at it again, 669 divided by 12 is what?
635 (2021) divided by 11 is what?
Maybe the guy at NRL is not good at division?
I'm not sure about the NRL's algarythms (lol at my spelling) or how they calculate the numbers mate, but to prove I'm not a complete arsehole, I'll just agree and take your word for it. But I hope you understand when they say his career average running metre is 44, why I'd say his career average running metres was 44? I thought you were questioning my take, not the NRL's, so my bad.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8