Ben Condon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Honestly, probably fighting it out with KDL for a starting Blacktown spot. This guy is the epitome of a plod. Makes Tuilagi look like Jospeh Tapine. I'm sure his average 40 metres per game (and three missed tackles) will suit our current group, and in fact would make him a leader.

There's a reason he was selected twice to play this season, and Todd Payten didn't even put him on the field both times.

We are truly a basket case if this is our signing (along with Tuilagi) - surely a Blacktown replacement for Boyle or something.
That's true. But it'd be nice to get one occasionally. Our recruitment strategy of late seems to follow a predictable two-pronged process:

1. Identify the bottom of the barrel.
2. Scrape it.
Hahaha

As long as he has a decent motor and not too injury prone . Probably in a similar mode to guys like Zac Saddler and Bryant Through Bryant can be above average if he can shake his injury issues but he is not being re signed apparently . Maybe that is the change over or is it just speculation that he [ Condon ] is even making the move .

As long as he has a decent motor and not too injury prone . Probably in a similar mode to guys like Zac Saddler and Bryant Through Bryant can be above average if he can shake his injury issues but he is not being re signed apparently . Maybe that is the change over or is it just speculation that he [ Condon ] is even making the move .
Boyle?

Gees poor bloke, he's been ripped to bits here, how dare he not be a star!
(And i suspect those slamming his recruitment will quickly slam our recruiters if it transpires he's not even agreed to join us!)
His track record kinda speaks for itself mate. He got limited game time in the year The Cowboys had probably their worst season, and Payten obviously has 0 faith in him by selecting him twice this season when they were shattered with injury, but gave him no game time - both games.

He's not a Shaun Lane type, mobile with good hands. He's yet again, another slow as a snail, lumbering, limited skill fringe first grader (0 game time this season) who's likely not wanted by his club. He'll make Tuilagi look like Usain Bolt.

Let's at least call a spade a spade. If this is the quality we are seeking, questions have to be asked about Fulton, Des and Crusher.

40 metres a game, and 3 missed tackles per mate. It doesn't read well.

His track record kinda speaks for itself mate. He got limited game time in the year The Cowboys had probably their worst season, and Payten obviously has 0 faith in him by selecting him twice this season when they were shattered with injury, but gave him no game time - both games.

He's not a Shaun Lane type, mobile with good hands. He's yet again, another slow as a snail, lumbering, limited skill fringe first grader (0 game time this season) who's likely not wanted by his club. He'll make Tuilagi look like Usain Bolt.

Let's at least call a spade a spade. If this is the quality we are seeking, questions have to be asked about Fulton, Des and Crusher.

40 metres a game, and 3 missed tackles per mate. It doesn't read well.
Glad he’s not a Shaun Lane type,lazy in defence,as sharp as a bowling ball and plays well when it suits him

Glad he’s not a Shaun Lane type,lazy in defence,as sharp as a bowling ball and plays well when it suits him
I thought he looks pretty good tbh at Parra. Was pretty solid for us, too. Should never have let him leave.

He and Olakau'atu would have made a great foil.

I thought he looks pretty good tbh at Parra. Was pretty solid for us, too. Should never have let him leave.

He and Olakau'atu would have made a great foil.
I don’t rate him,but just my opinion for what it’s worth.His laziness in defence can be defined by his effort on Savage on Friday night

It doesn’t appear if you look at this on the surface that this if true would not be a good signing by the fact he could not crack FG at the cowboys this year.
In saying this the cowboys have a lot of depth and he certainly wouldn’t be first player to go from such a position and do very well in another club. I am sure he would offer a hell of lot more than young Burbo ( lovely kid but unfortunately does not appear at this stage to be a solid first grader.) At the right price bring him on…. We need some decent depth

Played mainly prop for Cutters this year and played some long minutes.
Regularly ran for over 100m and had a couple of games of 150 and 180 metres.
Made 9 out of 10 tackles.
Not the most athletic but a bit of a Darren Britt type,might go all right on the bench as a middle/edge.
More a depth signing for my humble opinion.
Ran for 55 metres,not 40 at NRL level and would like to know how many decoy runs he was used for to get a more accurate indicator of work rate,but yes,not a big name signing.

Played mainly prop for Cutters this year and played some long minutes.
Regularly ran for over 100m and had a couple of games of 150 and 180 metres.
Made 9 out of 10 tackles.
Not the most athletic but a bit of a Darren Britt type,might go all right on the bench as a middle/edge.
More a depth signing for my humble opinion.
Ran for 55 metres,not 40 at NRL level and would like to know how many decoy runs he was used for to get a more accurate indicator of work rate,but yes,not a big name signing.
Also only averaged 55min a game in his 12 matches.

If he signs with us we'll see how he goes

I have nothing against st the kid and agree that every squad has players such as him, the issue is we are making signings like this rather than making signings that address obvious issues in our squad. It means, we can’t attract better coz of where we are at as a club or we can’t attract better coz we have no money in our cap or the powers that be don’t think we need better players in some positions, all of which are issues
Or we can’t announce any further signings as they are still playing .

Unlikely I know , but possible.

I hope the kid isn’t reading this because if he is he’ll be back flipping super quick.

Stop taking your anger out at the player and aim it at our recruitment team and management group for their failures.

Every club has these signings ( well maybe not the Rorters who can afford 30 million dollar players ) and every club needs these low cost / showing potential / may or may not get game time.

Oh sure he’s no superstar , but he’s probably on the absolute minimum payment so give him a break.

PS: I’m not jumping in his bandwagon as that’s been the kiss of death in recent years.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6