Ben Condon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All positions on the field should not be owned
they should be earnt by each players high performance

If we are to go higher in the comp next season we need a higher out put from our 2022 roaster
and we need an injection of higher quality players

At the end of the day
The best cattle on the field
The Fastest , the most strongest and most skilful team will give you the best chance of winning the game
Indeed Mate given what I seen from Tuilagi he needs to be interested alot more

Jeez I hope Ben doesn’t read this , if he was on the verge of signing he probably won’t now.

Talk about a character assassination!!!
Go have a look at all other club forums where their team missed the finals
They are no different to ours
Full of high expectations and some are more ruthless in their condemnations
It is part of the fan passion that players are used to

Who wants to cheer players that get flogged
No one does
Infact suporters have been known to boo their flooged team live on the field

Every player that comes to a high profile club like the Sea eagles

Knows that the stakes are high

Confirmed.

Ben Condon. Unreal signing. Mestrov/Seibold/Manly ain’t pulling punches here. Straight off the top shelf.

What a farking joke.
You confuse me.

What do you want exactly? We have tied up a lot of cap in three players.....

So - do you want us to break the salary cap or something? Or do you want us to pay 'overs' for a has been? Or - are you able to accept that a few 22/23 year olds as fringe first graders MIGHT be needed to fill out the squad?

Seriously.

What do you expect? How much spare coin do you think we have and how attractive do you think we are at the moment? We are a team that misses the top 8, who have had to sack a coach, and who's best player is injured. A new team is joining the comp - which dilutes the talent pool by ~30 odd players (probably more with feeder clubs etc).... do you REALLY think we are going to land a frikkin super star?

perhaps you would prefer if we don't fill the full list of 30?

FWIW I don't know the first thing about the two blokes we have signed today. NOTHING. I know nothing. So this isn't me saying these are the messiah's..... I am just curious as to what people are expecting us to be able to sign atm. Enlighten me.

Ben Condon. Unreal signing. Mestrov/Seibold/Manly ain’t pulling punches here. Straight off the top shelf.
They may not be off the top shelve at the moment but they have the opportunity to rise like Eagles in the Manly Jersey

Bring on 2023 and we will all get to see

You confuse me.

What do you want exactly? We have tied up a lot of cap in three players.....

So - do you want us to break the salary cap or something? Or do you want us to pay 'overs' for a has been? Or - are you able to accept that a few 22/23 year olds as fringe first graders MIGHT be needed to fill out the squad?

Seriously.

What do you expect? How much spare coin do you think we have and how attractive do you think we are at the moment? We are a team that misses the top 8, who have had to sack a coach, and who's best player is injured. A new team is joining the comp - which dilutes the talent pool by ~30 odd players (probably more with feeder clubs etc).... do you REALLY think we are going to land a frikkin super star?

perhaps you would prefer if we don't fill the full list of 30?

FWIW I don't know the first thing about the two blokes we have signed today. NOTHING. I know nothing. So this isn't me saying these are the messiah's..... I am just curious as to what people are expecting us to be able to sign atm. Enlighten me.

1. Every team has three monstrous contracts (at least).
2. There is a planned $400k increase in official NRL salary cap
3. We've lost Taufua, Foran, Walker, Davey, Taupau, S. Fainu
4. Teams like the Chooks have a hole (hooker) - they acquire Brandon Smith
5. Teams like the Panthers have a hole (backrow) - they acquire Luke Garner
(I use these teams, because they are the superior rosters)
6. It's been 4 farking years now - STILL no Hooker
7. There are professionals employed to both manage the cap, acquisition / retention - it's their job to keep us competitive. One solitary win in three farking years against top 4 teams isn't competitive. Two farking wins (one of which we played like arse) against all top 8 teams this year isn't competitive.

What do I want? A competitive roster, with players people want to part with their money to watch. Not a half-way house for in-between fringers who are complete failures or plodders at their existing bottom feeding clubs.

Condon got ZERO minutes this year. Have you considered why? Selected twice on the bench, and BOTH times given ZERO minutes.

What do I want? The entire recruitment staff immediately sacked,and flushed down the toilet to Bondi. A NEW recruitment team that understands the modern game, and acquires players to accomodate - there are PLENTY of cheaper, non-plod, rip it in, mobile forwards (Spencer Leniu for example). But no, we look for the bums.

7. There are professionals employed to both manage the cap, acquisition / retention - it's their job to keep us competitive. One solitary win in three farking years against top 4 teams isn't competitive. Two farking wins (one of which we played like arse) against all top 8 teams this year isn't competitive.

What do I want? A competitive roster, with players people want to part with their money to watch. Not a half-way house for in-between fringers who are complete failures or plodders at their existing bottom feeding clubs.

Condon got ZERO minutes this year. Have you considered why? Selected twice on the bench, and BOTH times given ZERO minutes.

What do I want? The entire recruitment staff immediately sacked,and flushed down the toilet to Bondi. A NEW recruitment team that understands the modern game, and acquires players to accomodate - there are PLENTY of cheaper, non-plod, rip it in, mobile forwards (Spencer Leniu for example). But no, we look for the bums.

Time to change the name back to Merchant Of Doom my friend.

What a farking joke.
I think we need to give these guys a fair chance to maximize their opportunity with us .We arent the Rorters who can sign literally anyone ,they have 2-3 top shelf Fullbacks in their team who if they were with any other team would be playing FB not wing or centre etc .And on top of that they are always in the conversation if anyone decent comes on the market. These guys we have just recruited are only young and want an opportunity. Condon was behind a few handy players at the Cows ,so who knows, we may still uncover a diamond in the rough

Some of these signings are for depth. I’m still hopeful there will be some more high profile signings once Seibs is confirmed.

I understand what you are saying and you do make some valid points
If we were up there with the proactive clubs
We would be more competitive in the market place
All Manly supporters on here would be thrilled by a Major Manly Marquee signing

I think we need to give these guys a fair chance to maximize their opportunity with us .We arent the Rorters who can sign literally anyone ,they have 2-3 top shelf Fullbacks in their team who if they were with any other team would be playing FB not wing or centre etc .And on top of that they are always in the conversation if anyone decent comes on the market. These guys we have just recruited are only young and want an opportunity. Condon was behind a few handy players at the Cows ,so who knows, we may still uncover a diamond in the rough

Once you start being the club where players look to, to get a better chance (because the overall quality is average), you're finished, and unfortunately, that's where we are at - half-way house for plugs.

Haven't we learnt anything from our rising from the dead prior to 2008? How did we change the fortunes then? Each year, 1-2 marquee signings, slowly but surely building. Ben Kennedy, Matt Orford, Steven Bell, Jamie Lyon, Josh Perry, Brent Kite etc etc etc - Dogs are in that process now.

In our past THREE years: Bullemor, Tuilagi, Condon, Matterson, Boyle IN, with MUCH better quality out in Walker, Taupau, Lane, Foran & many others.

Isn't there a chance though, that they tried to get those types but due to the farce that has been our Club, they haven't wanted to come. I agree that the recruiters need to change but it might be the case that the players we want, don't want us. Hopefully, that will change in the next year or 2, if we can get our sh!t together.

Jeez I hope Ben doesn’t read this , if he was on the verge of signing he probably won’t now.

Talk about a character assassination!!!
Ben knows that others opinions of him does not define him

But only his actions on the filed does

He also knows no one warms up to a loser at any sports code and at any club

He is the master of his own destiny

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4