Bell ready to go like clappers if given OK

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Bell ready to go like clappers if given OK

Greg Prichard | September 15, 2008
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/bell-ready-to-go-like-clappers-if-given-ok/2008/09/14/1221330652719.html

MANLY centre Steve Bell won't know until he gets the results of medical tests to be conducted today whether a calf muscle injury is going to interrupt his finals campaign.

Bell began the game against St George Illawarra at Brookvale Oval on Saturday night but left the field without touching the ball or making a tackle after a problem he felt pre-match flared up after kick-off.

"I sort of strained my calf in the warm-up," Bell said yesterday. "I was hoping it would be OK, but when I tried to take off when we kicked off I felt it wasn't right. I had to try to grab someone's attention on the sideline, to tell them I needed to come off, but it was so early in the game - and then the Dragons got a penalty, so it was a couple of minutes before I finally got off.

"I've never had a calf problem before. I was just trying to push through the pads in the warm-up and it was like I'd got a cork. It was like someone had run into me, but there was no one near me. The doctor has booked me in for scans tomorrow, so I'll have them and see what he thinks. I'm crossing my fingers that the results aren't bad.

"The doctor thinks it might be a little tear, but not too bad. I iced it last night and I've been doing that again today. It's a bit sore and I'm walking with a little bit of a limp today, but it could be a lot worse."

Manly club doctor Paul Bloomfield was cautiously optimistic that the damage wouldn't be bad enough to prevent Bell from playing when the Sea Eagles return in week three of the finals series. They get next weekend off as a bonus for being one of the two highest-ranked winners on the weekend.

"I'm optimistic, but it's all up in the air at this stage," Bloomfield said. "It's possibly a tear, but if it is, it would only be a slight one. He could still run in the warm-up, after he felt it, so that's a sign that it might not be too bad. It was good that, when he started feeling it again on the field, we got him off before he could do any more damage."

Manly prop Josh Perry had to be helped off the field two minutes from full-time, but the problem isn't serious.

"He had a cork above the knee the week before, and he got hit in the same spot," Bloomfield said. "He'll be right to play in the next game."

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4