Bears 'new' Launch

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Given the crowd they get Newtown deserve to be let back in along time before the care bears ever do.

ManlyArmy said:
A message from the Chairman of both Central Coast and North Sydney Bears:

Calling all BEARS supporters, League fans & people of the North Shore and Central Coast. This is a big week for the Bears as it is for our South Sydney friends. We will soon begin our launch for entry back into the NRL. We will once again need the support of all our supporters and everyone who is a lover of this great game. Get on board and help us turn the greatest injustice ever in this game around.

Perry Lopez
Chairman
Central Coast Bears
North Sydney Bears

Funniest thing I've seen on the internet!

Tummy rumble from a dead club. All of the north side of Sydney is now Sea Eagles territory.

God said:
Given the crowd they get Newtown deserve to be let back in along time before the care bears ever do.

They get about 1000 to their games at Henson.

Brissie Kid said:
ManlyArmy said:

Calling all BEARS supporters, League fans & people of the North Shore and Central Coast. This is a big week for the Bears as it is for our South Sydney friends. We will soon begin our launch for entry back into the NRL. We will once again need the support of all our supporters and everyone who is a lover of this great game. Get on board and help us turn the greatest injustice ever in this game around.

Perry Lopez
Chairman
Central Coast Bears
North Sydney Bears

Funniest thing I've seen on the internet!

Tummy rumble from a dead club. All of the north side of Sydney is now Sea Eagles territory.

Perry Lopez was the king of pipeline in the 70s.

Nuttybott said:
ManlyArmy said:

Get on board and help us turn the greatest injustice ever in this game around.

And what would that be, perchance? Hmm? :dodgy:

Honestly, I could feel some sympathy for the Bears and their ongoing bid to get back into the NRL, were it not for their obnoxious supporters who continue to perpetuate the myth that it was Manly who kicked them out of the comp. Nothing could be further from the truth: the flat-broke and insolvent Bears were already out of the competition when Manly offered them a joint venture partnership in 1999. The Sea Eagles in fact offered Norths a lifeline, and in a classic case of biting the hand that feeds you, the Bears' board went out of their way to scupper the JV over the next two years. Ken Arthurson himself told me that they were the most difficult, truculent, uncooperative people he had ever worked with. I remember he said "if that's the way they do business, it's no wonder Norths went broke". The JV was never going to work, given the animosity between the two parties involved, but its failure cannot be blamed on a simple act of bastardry by Manly, trying to kill off North Sydney as in the urban myth peddled by Bears fans. It was the NRL, not Manly, who kicked Norths out of the competition...and the Bears saw fit to spurn the only lifeline available to them.

The Who said:
I even have the inaugural cap marking the NE's first match at the then Graham Park in 2000, if my memory serves me correctly. It's been hanging in my man cave for years, in pristine condition. Wonder if any of you would like to make a bid on it?

If I ever run out of toilet paper, I'll bear it in mind... ;)

If people think Manlys board are a shambles, the Bears board of yesteryear was 10 times worse, I can tell you that. LoL

robbiea said:
Under the the fig tree was where I was introduced to the game..

God, I didn't know where you were taking that for a moment. Hahahahahahahaha.

Shoe1 said:
God said:

Perry Lopez was the king of pipeline in the 70s.

No that was his brother Gerry.

The Wheel said:
Seriously it is like a bad zombie movie - no matter how many times you shoot them they just never die....

A bit like some of their past supporters.

You must admit though the local derbies were some of the best games ever.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6