Bears 'new' Launch

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
A message from the Chairman of both Central Coast and North Sydney Bears:

Calling all BEARS supporters, League fans & people of the North Shore and Central Coast. This is a big week for the Bears as it is for our South Sydney friends. We will soon begin our launch for entry back into the NRL. We will once again need the support of all our supporters and everyone who is a lover of this great game. Get on board and help us turn the greatest injustice ever in this game around.

Perry Lopez
Chairman
Central Coast Bears
North Sydney Bears

Funniest thing I've seen on the internet!

"Its a big week for the Bears as it is for our South Sydney friends"

Is this a joke, comparing their week to Souths, and friends???

At what point will they realise they are actually dead?

And who's football licence will they play under?

They don't have one!

A minor point they haven't thought about.....

To hell with them. They're dead. The entire north side from the harbour bridge to Doyalson is our territory. Piss off forever bears.

Look out for more harassment at the local Northern Sydney Maccas on a Saturday morning.

Why don't they go to Perth or Adelaide. More chance then wasting more money and time pushing a CC/NS cause that is destined to fail....again.

In my opinion, we need one LESS team in Sydney, not one more. Give them the Central Coast, but as it's own team, not Bears - they are gone and failed.

ManlyArmy said:

Calling all BEARS supporters, League fans & people of the North Shore and Central Coast. This is a big week for the Bears as it is for our South Sydney friends. We will soon begin our launch for entry back into the NRL. We will once again need the support of all our supporters and everyone who is a lover of this great game. Get on board and help us turn the greatest injustice ever in this game around.

Perry Lopez
Chairman
Central Coast Bears
North Sydney Bears

Funniest thing I've seen on the internet!

Greatest injustice is when they fail to win a Grand Final since their inception. (ignoring the default minor premierships in '21 and '22). Embarrassing and a waste of space.

Is Perry related to Trini?
If so, we better watch out 'cause he might have a hammer.

Any chance we can get them a new coffin but this time around, supply much better nails? And we don't need anymore teams within the borders of NSW. Expand the game outside of NSW, not shrink inside it!

bob dylan said:
"Its a big week for the Bears as it is for our South Sydney friends"

Is this a joke, comparing their week to Souths, and friends???

At what point will they realise they are actually dead?

Tis only a flesh wound!

mickqld said:
To hell with them. They're dead. The entire north side from the harbour bridge to Doyalson is our territory. Piss off forever bears.

Harbour bridge to Gwandalan !!

Ryan said:
In my opinion, we need one LESS team in Sydney, not one more. Give them the Central Coast, but as it's own team, not Bears - they are gone and failed.

Are all your previous allegiances to the Bears gone ? Would of thought as a bears fan you would still hold a glimmer of hope for them .

Ryan said:

Agreed. Once Souths win their premiership today the NRL should announce tomorrow that they are kicking them out again.

robbiea said:
mickqld said:

Harbour bridge to Gwandalan !!

Ryan said:

Are all your previous allegiances to the Bears gone ? Would of thought as a bears fan you would still hold a glimmer of hope for them .

Unlike some, who always held Manly and North Sydney separate, I actually embraced the amalgamation at the time. I loved my footy, and I love my Bears at the time - missus and I used to sit under the fig on the fence each week.

When the business changed, and Manly became just Manly again, I really didn't feel it like that. Manly were my club, but why?

I made great friends (life long) through some pretty tough years for the club. I had interaction with the great players like I never had (remember Anthony Watmough screwing his face up, and saying "The Bears, who are they?" Dan).

Those tough years had some very fantastic story lines. Players so passionate, they played with broken legs, fans like me who turned up in the pouring rain against Nth Qld with around 2,000 people at the ground.

I created that petition (and got fantastic help) that had circa 10, 000 signatures, that I gave to Grant Mayer fully bound and professional looking, that he, Annersly and David Gallop provided to Morris Iemma to garnish us 10 mill in upgrades for Brookie.

I've received my 10 year membership badge.

Manlys culture was magnetic. I've never seen anything like it. It was us vs. them siege mentality culture. I was hooked. Every player to the tee bought into that no matter our position on the ladder.

It's what it made it all so great.

Which leads us to today. As you see, Manly naturally just became my Bears. Any Bears team, or any other team besides the maroon and white in, or coming into the competition is just one thing to me, the enemy.

You see, that's why I'm so passionate about culture, and that's why this current behaviour by the club as a whole kills me - its un-manly like. I've taken it personally. Maybe I shouldn't, but I just love my club so damned much.

I've been a member of the North Sydney Leagues Club for more than 40 years, just because I've always live close.
Does that make me a bad person?
Worse still, does that make me one of the 'supporters' Perry (is that a man or a woman) is appealing to?
I'm a little like Ryan above, I tried hard to support the Northern Eagles for the first season or so. I even have the inaugural cap marking the NE's first match at the then Graham Park in 2000, if my memory serves me correctly. It's been hanging in my man cave for years, in pristine condition. Wonder if any of you would like to make a bid on it? At the very least it should be a part of sport's Hall of Shame.

I want more Sydney teams. Let the out of town teams especially qld have their own comp.

The sooner the game wakes up to itself and realizes that crowds of 10-20 thousand in suburban grounds are the norm, the better. It's tribal, not national, and a great tv spectacle because the action is confined to a small part of the field at any one time. It's not a game for stadiums.

ManlyArmy said:

Get on board and help us turn the greatest injustice ever in this game around.

And what would that be, perchance? Hmm? :dodgy:

Honestly, I could feel some sympathy for the Bears and their ongoing bid to get back into the NRL, were it not for their obnoxious supporters who continue to perpetuate the myth that it was Manly who kicked them out of the comp. Nothing could be further from the truth: the flat-broke and insolvent Bears were already out of the competition when Manly offered them a joint venture partnership in 1999. The Sea Eagles in fact offered Norths a lifeline, and in a classic case of biting the hand that feeds you, the Bears' board went out of their way to scupper the JV over the next two years. Ken Arthurson himself told me that they were the most difficult, truculent, uncooperative people he had ever worked with. I remember he said "if that's the way they do business, it's no wonder Norths went broke". The JV was never going to work, given the animosity between the two parties involved, but its failure cannot be blamed on a simple act of bastardry by Manly, trying to kill off North Sydney as in the urban myth peddled by Bears fans. It was the NRL, not Manly, who kicked Norths out of the competition...and the Bears saw fit to spurn the only lifeline available to them.

The Who said:
I even have the inaugural cap marking the NE's first match at the then Graham Park in 2000, if my memory serves me correctly. It's been hanging in my man cave for years, in pristine condition. Wonder if any of you would like to make a bid on it?

If I ever run out of toilet paper, I'll bear it in mind... ;)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6