Baz, it's time to leave Manly – and no, you don't deserve a cent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe he's just a family man, a human being, who needs the money to feed them, and is basically asking for what he legally believes he is owed in doing so?

Remember everyone, therest football, then there is actual people, wives and children involved including their welfare.
I think the sticking point is that he quit wasn’t fired. That’s the big difference with all other coach’s that get payouts

He quit and gave 12 months notice. I'm sure Manly can just let him sit at home and get paid weekly. Not as big a drain on cashflow.

Maybe he's just a family man, a human being, who needs the money to feed them, and is basically asking for what he legally believes he is owed in doing so?

Remember everyone, therest football, then there is actual people, wives and children involved including their welfare.
I'm a family man and my family had to put up with my outrages and yelling and the weeks of depression that ensued watching our name go down the gurgler never listen to gus again f@#k off very far TB & Co try the dole office

So Fox are reporting that Trent is expected to roll up to Narrabeen today. There is a small gathering of media waiting, who have apparently been told to piss off.
The circus continues.....

Maybe you should remember that Moses Suli and the other reserve grader's you like to criticise are also human's that may have families and feeling's.

Last edited:

Remember we are still paying him / I don’t think he is going without

Legally he has to earn his monies, even during the notice period.

Absolutely nothing stopping him looking around for his next job.
Baz had 4 months to do so already!

Employers have the right to keep their business running after a key personnel gives notice @:cool:

I literally said the same thing as dan that IR protects his salary not his role and you disagreed with me and implied I’m an idiot. Seriously mate at least be consistent.

I have lost any respect I had for you and just think you’re a garden variety troll

I haven't called you an idiot ... however you seem hell bent on proving beyond all doubt that you are .....

S o v e r y s l o w l y f o r y o u .... Yes, Dan is correct, salary continuation is protected by IR .... however, that is generic ...we are in this instance dealing with a specific contract between 2 parties and it is now quite normal for people in higher management to contract to perform certain duties and include a job description and performance of duties clause to which the employee is contracted to perform ..... whilst I haven't seen the contract ..... all indications are that that is the case in this instance ... if it wasn't Manly would simply have sidelined him or appointed him paper clip sorter and Barrett would have had no choice ..... they haven't so it appears his contract probably/certainly calls for him to perform the duties of head coach .....

I don't know what is so difficult about that for you to comprehend ...but again at least you are consistent .....

PSS If you don't understand what the grown ups are talking about ... good idea to stay mute and just let us think you are a slow learner ..rather of proving it .....

He is acting in a unprofessional manner not the club...just trying to get his pound of flesh from the club

He chose to quit and serve out a notice period. Nothing stopping him not coming into work...but then again he wants his $

Not sure what you mean by nothing stopping him not coming into work?

The club have told him to stay away. Des has stated very clearly he will not work with him.

So not sure how he is meant to just turn up to work?

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by nothing stopping him not coming into work?

The club have told him to stay away. Des has stated very clearly he will not work with him.

So not sure how he is meant to just turn up to work?

Because I suspect his contract calls for him to perform certain duties .... if I am correct he has to turn up or be in breach ..... if Manly don't allow him to perform those duties then they will be in breach .... I believe this is the stand off .... to see which party is forced to sue the other party ....

SBS News ...

Barrett opts against Manly NRL training
Replaced Manly coach Trent Barrett has not attended the Sea Eagles' NRL training on Friday as negotiations continue over his exit from the club.

Replaced Manly coach Trent Barrett opted against attending the NRL club's pre-season training on Friday as his four-month battle with the Sea Eagles continues.

Barrett and Manly remain in intense exit negotiations, after he handed in his 12 months notice in July citing a lack of resources at the club.

Manly have since announced Des Hasler as their new coach, with non-representative players returning to training this week and meeting their new mentor.

But no exit deal has yet been struck with Barrett, meaning the Sea Eagles still technically have two head coaches on their books until next July or a resolution is reached.

It's believed Manly had hoped a settlement would be reached earlier this week, but that was again met with an impasse.

There were suggestions Barrett could front at Manly training on Friday, however it's understood he did not end up attending the club's Narrabeen base.

I haven't called you an idiot ... however you seem hell bent on proving beyond all doubt that you are .....

S o v e r y s l o w l y f o r y o u .... Yes, Dan is correct, salary continuation is protected by IR .... however, that is generic ...we are in this instance dealing with a specific contract between 2 parties and it is now quite normal for people in higher management to contract to perform certain duties and include a job description and performance of duties clause to which the employee is contracted to perform ..... whilst I haven't seen the contract ..... all indications are that that is the case in this instance ... if it wasn't Manly would simply have sidelined him or appointed him paper clip sorter and Barrett would have had no choice ..... they haven't so it appears his contract probably/certainly calls for him to perform the duties of head coach .....

I don't know what is so difficult about that for you to comprehend ...but again at least you are consistent .....

PSS If you don't understand what the grown ups are talking about ... good idea to stay mute and just let us think you are a slow learner ..rather of proving it .....
You didn’t address the very thing I was calling you out for. A lack of consistency. You are a grade A twit. You are making logical assumptions just as I did previously but you don’t hold yourself to the same standard you hold others to. You are a hypocrite.

Manly do seem to have sidelined him. The very fact he’s not turning up to work and he hasn’t been publicly declared in breach would suggest that.

I still maintain you’re a condescending, pretentious douche who needs to learn how to talk to people. Maybe if you google what those words mean you might understand what I’m talking about.

You’re now the only person on my blocked list

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4