Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
We are losing players every week. Seriously we won't be able to field a competitive team once the SOO comes around if Tom, Jake, Api and DCE get picked. I'm really looking forward to seeing the character of the team this week as they have a horrible record at ANZ stadium and also against Parra away. The only positive out of all this is that if Hastings is picked up by another club then that will free up some money in the salary cap. I believe Hastings was on $300K a year.

Why does it sound like the players run the team? Chez called it a lovers tiff and baz cit him off and shut him down like it was more serious? So you believe the telecrap over what you see with your own eyes now?
There is 100% a problem between him and some senior players. We are short on players, we are short on 5/8ths and at the moment Hastings is our best 5/8th. Why else would he be getting moved on? So yes I believe the players went to the club with there ultimatum.

Lol no doubt he’s special woodsie. Just think it’s best for the club he stays put for this season. We are in desperate need of a 5/8th and down to 25/26 players, some still learning there trade.
No doubt mate you played with some A grade coc$smokers, but I’m betting you never ran to the coach demanding they leave.
Just think it’s ludicrous the players are dictating what will happen with our playing roster..

It may not be a case of the players running to the coach or dictating.
Maybe the coaching staff have tried everything and by his non-selection have shown their hand and the players have been the ones who have tried to repair the bridge... until now and said yep, you're right, we can't repair this.

All speculation I know, but that's all we have at the moment....

ok ok if Hastings is so disruptive ... here is the immediate solution .... get Tent to fall on him at training and smash his leg .... actually both of them ... medical retirement and some $$ to find another 5/8 or half ..... in the meantime Fainu to half and DCE to 5/8 ... Fainu is a special, yes he has been playing hooker but he is a half .... or DCE to hooker and Api when he comes back from injury to 1/2 ....

In your sheer unadulterated genius .... you have made another brilliant point ...

I am no bush lawyer ... but there appears to me to be enough evidence for Manly to claim a medical retirement for Hastings ... but not for broken legs .... surely (and I am not being humorous) there is a case for a mental health retirement.

We've got a half in fainu playing hooker in ISP ATM.
If lachlan goes down or need to be dropped , fainu would be my first choice.

I don’t think he can play 1st grade just yet!! Has to get approved by the NRL
So it has to be either brown, Lussick or wright

There is 100% a problem between him and some senior players. We are short on players, we are short on 5/8ths and at the moment Hastings is our best 5/8th. Why else would he be getting moved on? So yes I believe the players went to the club with there ultimatum.
Watch the press conference if you haven’t yet. Chez tries to laugh it off. Barrett clamped down. And he did the same in an interview I heard on triple m before the game. It struck me as a coach sick of a players ****. If you have an employee and they don’t do what you want then that sets a bad example for your other employees. Cutting them loose regardless of team situation is how you instill discipline and standards. Tolerating something purely because of context is a good way to get people to abandon your vision.

Basic management principles apply to footy as well

Amazing how people can be sure in their views when there is nothing but rumour and innuendo floating around

You’re not wrong. It certainly looks from the press conference that there’s a lot more to it, and neither the players (DCE brushing it off as a lovers’ tiff) nor the coach (TB saying ‘I’ll answer that’ then promptly skipping over the question) want to go into the details.

For all we know Hastings is the locker room thief, or has a penchant for taking a dump in teammates’ kitbags!

Watch the press conference if you haven’t yet. Chez tries to laugh it off. Barrett clamped down. And he did the same in an interview I heard on triple m before the game. It struck me as a coach sick of a players ****. If you have an employee and they don’t do what you want then that sets a bad example for your other employees. Cutting them loose regardless of team situation is how you instill discipline and standards. Tolerating something purely because of context is a good way to get people to abandon your vision.

Basic management principles apply to footy as well
I just hope the coaching staff aren’t that short sighted and thin skinned if that’s the case. Again no player or coach for that matter is bigger than the club.
Again I have no problem with Hastings being let go at seasons end, Unless we have a able replacement ( yet to be seen). We are a better team with him in it.
In sport and business people clash all the time, 99% of the time people man up and deal with it.

And what’s the VISION at the moment? Get hammered at home in front of your home fans? Hastings was nowhere near that sh!t That was served up? Or is the vision letting players or personal feeling get in the way of picking the best team? That’s a sh!t vision there mate.

I find it weird the love Hastings gets on here, you would think he was a cross between, Lyons\Fittler/Lockyer

He has been alright, probably better than Croker, but from the outside it seems he p*sses people off wherever he goes..........if you are good enough people will put up with that but Hastings isn't good enough

Last edited:
You’re not wrong. It certainly looks from the press conference that there’s a lot more to it, and neither the players (DCE brushing it off as a lovers’ tiff) nor the coach (TB saying ‘I’ll answer that’ then promptly skipping over the question) want to go into the details.

For all we know Hastings is the locker room thief, or has a penchant for taking a dump in teammates’ kitbags!

Not to mention that even before this weekend anytime Hastings was brought up in the media TB would ignore it and move onto Croker etc. Considering TB and Hastings have history knowing each other as neighbours he probably vouched for him to try and get his head straight. The fact that it’s gotten worse would probably anger TB more than the players as he took the risk bringing him here and he has put the whole squad off side.

I find it weird the love Hastings gets on here, you would think he was a cross between, Lyons\Fittler/Lockyer

He has been alright, probably better than Hastings, but from the outside it seems he p*sses people off wherever he goes..........if you are good enough people will put up with that but Hastings isn't good enough

Disco, Disco, Disco ..... this is where you let yourself down ....

It is Not a love of Hastings ..... it is simply another excuse for the my bum hurts brigade to launch an attack on Baz.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8