Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
This squad of sooks will win nothing more than the wooden spoon and thats all they deserve. I though we paid them to do their their best and follow the game plan not to select the team. I hope this embarrassing story is not true. Who is running this team? We sure set the world on fire without Hastings on Sunday!

Maybe this guy needs time away to grow up. We are his third club. That's telling.The behaviours must be serious and repeated if he isn't being played regardless of talent.
Hopefully we can get some kind of swap though. We're fast running out of players.

Spot on. We simply cannot release another player without bringing another one or two in. It’s killing us.

Something more to this, for a whole team to single out one player is unheard of, demanding he be moved on? We already have no depth and have moved on lussick and now Hastings! He was showing spark off the bench, API needs a spell and Hastings can cover a lot of injuries? Crazy. Hope DCE doesn't get injured this year
Unheard of?How do you think he ended up at Manly in the first place?

So this guy doesn’t join in the team’s mutual masturbation sessions and gives his teammates sh1t for playing poorly.

MAN UP you pussies

It’s called “constructive criticism”

So,

28 -2 season injuries

26- Tafua out for 3 months

25- Lussick gone to Canada

24- Jacko

23 - Uate who everyone wants sacked

Yes that’s it , 22 players for the rest of the year FMD this isn’t a crisis this is a catastrophe!!!

Well that was easier than I expected. Hope I didn't break any of DANS laws. Oh and

Bye Jackson.

Manly players refuse to take the field with Jackson Hastings as exit looms

DEAN RITCHIE, EXCLUSIVE, The Daily Telegraph
16 minutes ago
Subscriber only
  • Injuries strike across the league

KENT: The second coming of Luke Brooks

It is almost certain Hastings will be chosen for Manly’s feeder club, Blacktown Workers, who compete in the Intrust Super Premiership.

Unless Manly sustain further injuries to an already depleted playing roster, Hastings will not be chosen in first grade again this season. It is the sad demise of a player with substantial ability.

Club officials claim Hastings’ personality does not fit the Brookvale club.

c0380871601115005256b236b3796c68

Unless injury strikes, Hastings will not play first grade at Manly again.
    Manly has attempted to assist Hastings with counselling. Barrett is also struggling with Hastings’ demeanour.

There are suggestions Hastings has “a lack of respect for senior players” and has been clashing recently with Manly skipper Daly Cherry-Evans.

The club acknowledged there was an incident between Hastings and Cherry-Evans in Gladstone last week but deny it was a fight.

Manly players have banded together against Hastings. Essentially, the players don’t want him in the side, placing Barrett in an unenviable position.

The issues with Hastings have been simmering now for several weeks at Brookvale.

He missed last weekend’s match against Wests Tigers with an Achilles injury. He wouldn’t have been chosen even if he was fit.

1affc51d0bdeffa64bf33ea93cfa9b54

Hastings is on the verge of exiting his third NRL club.
    Sea Eagles officials have started talks with Hastings’ manager, Sam Ayoub, about moving the young utility on to another club.

There has been some interest from the English Super League.

Asked about the Hastings drama, Manly chief executive Lyall Gorman said: “Like all players, we continue to provide an environment and culture where they can thrive.

“But, at the end of the day, if a player chooses not to fit into that then you’ve got to make cultural decisions.

“None of those have been made in the context of Jackson at the moment.”

Hastings certainly won’t be at Manly next season. It means Hastings will have had three NRL clubs by age 22.

One club insider said: “He is off with the playing group. There has been a lot of angst at training between Jackson and certain members of the playing group. This has been building up for a couple of weeks now. He just doesn’t fit in here.

“There is definitely a personality issue there. It’s coming across that there is a real lack of respect for senior players. This isn’t a one-off.”

There is no question Manly believe Hastings has ability and he has produced some stellar stints off the bench.

d673c0a5749916c4a12f163b893a2985

The former Rooster has put many players off-side.
    Manly hope Hastings can rebound and find another NRL club. The Sea Eagles know Hastings has to leave but don’t want to deny him an opportunity to continue his rugby league career.

It is a difficult decision for Manly given officials are aware they have limited player depth this season.

Hastings did have similar issues with previous clubs, St George Illawarra and Sydney Roosters.

In February this year, Hastings told the Sydney media: “I am very competitive, wear my heart on my sleeve, and it probably shows some bad traits at times with the way I handle myself in situations.

“Off-field, I am completely different and pretty approachable.”

Hastings is the son of Roosters legend, Kevin.
Well done blood.

So,

28 -2 season injuries

26- Tafua out for 3 months

25- Lussick gone to Canada

24- Jacko

23 - Uate who everyone wants sacked

Yes that’s it , 22 players for the rest of the year FMD this isn’t a crisis this is a catastrophe!!!
When a player leaves the club we are obliged to add another in their place, so it won’t be for the rest of the year.

The quality of that replacement is another matter entirely.

It's just a real shame that this kid can't ****in grow up and get along with others for the sake of his own career. If he just shuts his mouth, put his head down and trained hard I am sure that he was always going to be in ahead of Croker. Like the article says it must have been brewing for some time and it explains why Croker was always talked up pre-season. We don't need any more destabilising factors in our team.
Yer a real shame because the boy can play . But at the end of the day he is a young bloke that hasn't matured and i hope he makes it .Good luck Jackson Hastings .

Slothfield has just said Hastings wont play again for Manly this year...players have sad no, they wont play with him. He also said Hastings is destined to play at Bankstown for the rest of the year, yep he is a d1ck.. In tomorrows Crapograph.. Guess who Dean Ricthie

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6